Factions You know it, I know it, We all know it.

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by BestowalBelt, Aug 19, 2019.

?

Should we add a sand bucket.

This poll will close on Nov 19, 2027 at 10:00 PM.
  1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    61.5%
  2. Yes but again

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No

5 vote(s)
    38.5%
  1. BestowalBelt

BestowalBelt Member

Planty831
    VIP
    Sand walls are a complete pain to build. It takes so much time and effort to make the walls, and it is just annoying. I was wondering if we can buy sand wall buckets that go in reverse. They can be $7000 for 16 buckets, and it will be very useful in base building.
    As I said before, just have it go up instead of down to save server lag. If not, we can keep it going down, but only 5 at a time in a 2 chunk area. I am not sure how this will 100% work, but I feel like we should all think about a solution as a community to make a type of automatic sand will maker.

2. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop Well-Known Member

Bloopaloop
    God
    Sand gen bucket's are pure cancer and not because of the lag issue. They honestly have no real place in Becto factions they may on other servers but not this one.

3. hatntops

hatntops Member

Hatntops
    Invader
    I completely agree, sand walls are "pure cancer" to build. Sand gen buckets would help fix a lot of things.

It would provide a means for new factions to get a base built quickly instead of leaving a base vulnerable for weeks on end. It would help improve player activity and promote a more active community by allowing faction players to spend their hours working on actual faction relations instead of the dread of placing blocks constantly.

Sand walls are one of the only ways to protect your base, so yes sand gen buckets do have a real place in becto factions.
    If the time invested to have a "secure" faction is over 100 hours, which in my experience so far seems to be the case, it does not promote player retention to the server. I see new players get online all the time and end up getting raided when they are offline because they didn't have the time to build 50 sand walls.

This also brings up the point of faction members quitting; because it takes weeks and weeks on end to build these walls players are not inclined to do it more than once. How is this relevant to sand walls you may ask? It causes most of the big factions to be allied to one another because nobody wants to risk their base being raided at all. It would take these factions over 3 weeks to put together another base that is considered "good". Once the "megafaction" is formed things get extremely boring and they tend to search for people to raid, who are these people? The kid with 1 sandwall thinking it would be enough for one night, which most likely would cause him/her to quit once they are raided. Not to mention bigger factions could donate these gen buckets to the smaller factions, because they have the money to do so. Bigger factions are much less inclined to actually spend their time to help them place sand.

Ask yourselves, would you rather be actively looking for raids and making friends and enemies, or would you rather be on scaffolding placing inventory after inventory of sand.

From personal experience I would be much more inclined to take more risks with my faction if the new faction base could be constructed in under a week. Spending hours upon hours building sand walls is necessary to have a secure base and with school starting back up, not everyone is going to have the hours to spend simply placing sand. Sand gen buckets are a very necessary thing to keep the bigger factions active and to give the smaller factions a chance.

#3 hatntops, Aug 22, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop Well-Known Member

Bloopaloop
    God
    All this talk about putting up bases quick so you don't get raided overnight yet you completely miss why you don't get raided during that time. It makes raiding an absolute pain that could take hours to successfully do with no one online. You can even make an almost raid proof base depending on power with sand gen buckets because of how effective sand is. On the same token you can also make an extremely hard to raid base that will last you over night without sand at all. Sand gen buckets are basically an idiot proof way to make raiding your base take hours and only if you aren't online that is why they are cancer. If you want to make raiding non existent than add them back in we've already seen how little/no raiding happened with them in.

5. Wavery

Wavery Active Member

Kurrency
    God
    I think we should add sand-gen's back into factions but make them insanely expensive in game. Have them be an item only obtained from envoys or have them cost 50k per bucket or something. It should be for those that are dedicated to that factions grind that so many people enjoy.

6. CakeAndTea

CakeAndTea Active Member

cloudymoods
    Plus
    Wouldn't this cause a lot of lag?

7. Boogie

Boogie Guest

Not really if you have scaffold sand gens rather than sand gens that fall/place downwards like they did previously.

8. CakeAndTea

CakeAndTea Active Member

cloudymoods
    Plus
    Ah, alr

9. DietherisCool

DietherisCool Active Member

Staff, please do us faction players a favor by bringing our loved sand gens back. :-/

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  10. Ralph12322

Ralph12322 Well-Known Member

Ralph12322
    God
    Please bring back sand gens back to factions!
    a few months ago, I had been busy making a base on factions. It took a very long time and I wasn't even close to finish the base.
    I was building the base alone because insiding isn't bannable and people that were in my faction didn't help me because base building is just way too boring these days which I totally agree with. And the only reason why I still tried building the base is because ... thats the point of fricking factions ,right??? (correct me if Im wrong)

While I was building, my base was vulnerable for weeks and ofcourse it got raided before I even finished the base which kind of sucks obviously.

I noticed that of all the work I had to do for the base, placing sand wasn't the only annoying part.
    mining out 100 chunks also takes some time ... lol
    so even if I would have mined out all the chunks and built a little box that would be the main part of the base ... I'd still have to place like 20-30 walls of sand which could take weeks to build and isn't a fun part of base building at all.

And then a base like that could still be raided in a few hours if it would have been finished. And all the work put into the base will be lost.

I don't think that being busy with building sand walls should take that long and shouldn't be a part of factions.
    Factions is about base building, raiding others and gather gear so you can fight others factions so you could win events such as KOTH.

But if base building is too hard ... Then how am I supposed to make money with a farm? Have a grinder so I can grind mcmmo lvls? Get TNT so Im actually able to raid other factions?

The only reason why sand gens got removed is because they caused insane lagg on the server.
    But I don't see why they shouldn't be re-added because I've seen alot of good suggestions that could fix that lagg and it would be nice to see if staff could take a look at those suggestions and consider adding sand gens back to factions AND MAKE BECTO GREAT AGAIN! lol

11. Sonoma

Sonoma Well-Known Member

Sonoh
    God
    It’ll make the process of raiding terribly longer even if nobody is online on the faction your raising and if they are on, you won’t be able to

12. Ralph12322

Ralph12322
    God
    just gotta know how to raid and it still takes alot of time to build a base.
    also ... the size of your base depends on how much power your faction has so if your faction only has 4 people then the base cant be too big either
    and a faction with alot of people should be able to make a bigger base right?

I understand it will be easier for everyone to make a proper base but its better than everyone just having unclaimed hidden vaults so only the xrayers can raid.
    Factions is about raiding and with more proper bases, finding bases will be easier and more fun to do.

and keep in mind that most people dont even have /fly so it would still take alot of time for them to build a base.

13. Sonoma

Sonoma Well-Known Member

Sonoh
    God
    It’s already hard raiding bases and you basically can’t cannon or use any of the easier methods, adding sand gens will more than likely create problems with raiding and also lag

14. Ralph12322

Ralph12322
    God
    Its not the sand walls that make raiding much harder ... It will just take some more time and with a proper cannon it isn't too hard to raid any base. Just know how to cannon.

There is cannons that I could build in 5min at most and are able to raid the best bases on the server. So tell me what exactly is wrong with sand walls other than "it takes alot of time to take down a sand wall" because the only reason people build sand walls is because then their defences can hold up a bit longer. They arent laggy or glitchy or anything.