xJuleah

Discussion in 'Pending applications' started by Juleah, Nov 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juleah

Juleah Well-Known Member

xJuleah
    God
    Hi guys, I would just like to say thank you for reading my application, I love reading the feedback so please be as honest as possible I mean it! Criticism is the key for improvement.

How long have you been playing on Becto?
    Like I said in my last application, I'm not 100% sure on this. I'm pretty sure it's been a year now or very very close to a year. I've been on the forums since June 29th, 2019 and made the mistake of making an application as soon as I got the forums.

Screenshot of /level
    https://gyazo.com/64c5c01435650f58c85dc7b4c69f25bb
    I have steadily been trying to increase my activity on the server and Discord, I just have been getting sick a lot lately which has been getting in the way, but my playtime is near double what it was my last application.

How often are you online for?
    Like I mentioned I've been getting sick a lot lately, but I'm having this issue dealt with in December. I try to be on as much as I can between not feeling well and school which averages to at least an hour and a half a day during the school week unless I'm feeling awful, but the weekends my times shoot up. My playtime will be increasing even more as soon as I have my health problems dealt with and out of the way.

What game-modes are you most active on?
    I'm trying to enjoy factions now and get back into my old ways, I still hop on skyblock just as much as I did before, and I swing by KitPVP a lot as well. I try to visit every game-mode multiple times a day and ask how the players are doing and stay on for a bit to see what's happening in chat, see if there's any issues, etc.

Why are you right for the job? How can you contribute to the team?
    To start, I see myself as a very optimistic, helpful person. In my prime of playing skyblock I always helped new players who didn't have much because of the spare time I had and the amount of knowledge I had gained from playing. I absolutely love helping others, and I love seeing others having a great time.

Secondly, I think I know how to handle toxic/hostile situations with players pretty well. I can handle other players being toxic and keeping my cool and trying to figure out the best solution to the problem. I also have spent a lot of my spare time lately watching videos on trying to detect hostile hacks especially since Kit has reset. I always hear people complain about the amount of hackers, and if I become staff I want to be sure I don't false ban and I know what I'm doing to ensure a less toxic community.

I also know how to balance the right amount of emotions/personality traits I should have in a professional or authoritative setting. You have to have the right balance of kindness, sternness, and patience all at one time.

It also really seems to bother me when I see people on Becto being hateful for no reason. A lot of times when I'm on there happens to be no staff on or they log off very soon after I'm on, or Dartino is straining his health to stay on. I'm not sure if it's my timezone that works out to where I'm on at a different time, but I think it could be very useful to have a new staff member that can be on when others can't be. I also am aware the staff team is running a little low right now.

Have you ever been banned or muted?

I have never been banned or muted on Becto, or any server I believe since I first got my MineCraft account as a child who didn't know what they were doing.

A little about yourself

I'm going to try and keep this section sort and simple since I've applied before.

I'm Juleah, I'm a 15 year old high school student in Arkansas. I hope to major in psychology and minor in Spanish when I go to college in the near future. I love helping others, especially those who are less fortunate or are children. I've been in a relationship with my best friend (Some of you know him, Maeson) for 2 years, and they have been the best 2 years ever and I couldn't ask for anything better.

If you made it this far into my application and you're about to make a comment, I just really want to thank you. :) Feel free to msg me on Discord with any questions or concerns: juleah#8621

2. hackerboy123

hackerboy123 Active Member

Hackerboy123
    Invader

Love your application my self and the only thing I would say is your activity but other than that looks good and you are a really nice person and respectful as well and when there’s a player that is toxic or using words that is not supposed to be used you always knew how to calm them down and talk to them well that’s all from me and say hi to maeson for me +1

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  3. Juleah

Juleah Well-Known Member

xJuleah
    God
    Thank you Jake, and I will do when I see him:)

4. hackerboy123

Hackerboy123
    Invader

Ah sorry I forgot and it’s kinda short your application but other than that it’s nice

5. Gezuitar

Gezuitar Well-Known Member

Gezuitar_18
    Raider
    One thing is, you do AFK a lot on Becto. But if you're a staff member you can't do that anymore. Are you prepared to give afking your island up?

6. Juleah

Juleah Well-Known Member

xJuleah
    God
    Yes, I've discussed this with someone before and I'm fully prepared to not be able to afk at my island on skyblock.

7. Gezuitar

Gezuitar Well-Known Member

Gezuitar_18
    Raider
    Oh ok sweet just making sure.

8. Toothy

Toothy Well-Known Member

Toothless15_
    VIP
    Nice application with great words . I usually wait a bit and take my time to think about my rate but this time I rly see a great future staff member who's able to help this community to improve . The only one thing is your activity everyday cause 1-1.5 h is not much but u can also be helping n the disc server and on the forum when u are not on ur PC .
    Hope you gonna be better soon and get rid of ur health problems .
    +1 from me :)

9. Peepsibabe

Peepsibabe Builder

Peepsibabe
    Builder
    I think you have potential. Looking at the state of our staff team right now, accepting anyone that seems genuine and isn't an idiot is a good idea. I don't have much to say, as you have a clean history, aren't toxic, and have done nothing wrong to my knowledge. The only problem I really have, is your application:
    Firstly, it is on the shorter side. You really want to elaborate on every trait and experience you have that will help in this job. I'd also like to comment on a few things that you said. "I think I know how to handle toxic/hostile situations with players pretty well". Instead of saying "i think", you should be more confident, and say "I DO!". Also, " I can handle other players being toxic and keeping my cool and trying to figure out the best solution to the problem" When you are dealing with players being toxic, you don't have to figure out the best solution, or try to calmly resolve the situation. You warn then, and if they continue, you mute them. Simple as that.
    I don't think it would be a horrible idea to give you a try, as we need staff. The only problem i have is maybe your playtime in-game, but overall that doesn't really matter that much.

10. Toothy

Toothy Well-Known Member

Toothless15_
    VIP
    Well I don't think the same , I suggest trying to find a solution for every problem or argument first then if that doesn't work , u can warn them or mute them for repeated offenses . But always the first step is to try to handle the disagreements nicely and make sure it's not gonna happen again :)

11. Peepsibabe

Peepsibabe Builder

Peepsibabe
    Builder
    No. What I said is protocol for a situation like that.

12. DietherisCool

DietherisCool Active Member

I mean, the application is nice, but you are normally afk when I see you on skyblock and I only see you on skyblock. Yes, I have read the application but you're normally on skyblock not on other game modes, so I would recommend to try out other game modes and not afk much? -1 for me due to the low experience of other game modes, but the way you handle things is pretty good, I just need to see improvement of activity on other game modes.

13. MildSawss

MildSawss Well-Known Member

MildSawss
    God
    I see no reason for the staff to not give you a chance. They need more willing staff members, and lets be real. Most people afk. Its a part of Becto. Once you become Staff - of course you have to give that up but considering the fact that just about /everyone/ does it.. I don't really take that into account in applications. If you have the game time then you have the game time, doesn't matter if it's afk time or not in my own personal opinion.

As long as you're quite skilled in dealing with pesky situations such as toxicity, and you have an idea of how to be professional, I think you'd have potential to be a great staff member if given the chance to do so.

+1

14. Juleah

Juleah Well-Known Member

xJuleah
    God
    Thank you, and I am planning to get my playtime up as soon as I'm feeling 100% :)

15. Juleah

Juleah Well-Known Member

xJuleah
    God
    You do have a good point about the "I do" versus "I think" situation, thank you for the feedback I always love reading yours because you go very in depth.

16. Juleah

Juleah Well-Known Member

xJuleah
    God
    Thank you, right now I'm trying to invest time into factions for me to actually play, but most of last night I spent on Kit seeking hackers. I try to get on creative but there is never anyone on or they don't talk, and the same for prison. I also still try to hop on survival and talk as well.

17. Juleah

Juleah Well-Known Member

xJuleah
    God
    Thank you:)

18. hackerboy123

Hackerboy123
    Invader
    to what you said about dealing with toxic players it would be better to calm the situation first and attempt to resolve it instead of jumping to a warning then a mute/ban if the player continues. ( sorry if I was late on that ;P)

19. Toothy

Toothy Well-Known Member

Toothless15_
    VIP
    that's what I wanted to say but they prefer directly punishing ..

20. hackerboy123

Hackerboy123
    Invader
    I know but even if it’s “protocol” its better to make the problem with out any offense or warning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.