Xeodis

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Xeodis, May 6, 2020.

1. Xeodis

Xeodis Well-Known Member

Xeodis
    God
    How long have I been playing for?
    I started really playing Becto in June 2018 played till about January 2019 and played off and on since then deciding to play consistently again.

Here's my level profile
    https://prnt.sc/sb1s32

How often am I online for?
    I am online for multiple hours most times more than 5 hours per session. I like actually playing the server which makes it so I'm most of the time on rather than not.

What game modes am I most active on?
    Kit pvp is most definitely my main server by far. But I have people many hours into the other servers and understand hour they work. I used to be a survival main, then kit, and prison. While I have not put as many hours into factions or skyblock I understand them from being a staff member before.

Why am I right for the job? What can I contribute to the team?
    I'm right for the job because I know how Becto works, I know how to staff, and I am always eager to try and make Becto a better place. I stand by my last staff app and what I said about being good at defusing situations before they escalate.
    I'm a very patient non-tilt person and don't let bias affect my staffing. I'm also someone who can get on at most times I'm needed to.

Have I ever been banned or muted?
    Yes I'll list them here

I was banned on June in 2018 for TP killing on survival I was new to the server and didn't know the rules. My own fault of course I should've read them.

I was forum banned for being negative on a staff app where I -1'd without a reason got the post removed and posted it again and was banned after being warned not to do it. (I do not remember the date)

I was muted for advertising a server IP in a DM to someone I thought had asked for the server but was mistaken. (I do not remember the date)

If there are any others that I don't think there are sorry I forgot them feel free to post them down in the comments on the app staff.

A little about myself.

My name is Tyler but most people know me as Rin/Karzima. I am 20 and am in college, I play guitar and enjoy competitive FPS games like Valorant, CSGO, and Overwatch. I enjoy building/working on PC's and hope to make a career out of it.
    I'm pretty chill anyone who knows me knows that and like making new friends/talking to new people. That's why I'm on the discord call so often.

• +1 +1 x 11
    • -1 -1 x 1
    • List
  2. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    +1, people say you abused, but you should be put in the helper position for a extended amount of time before a promo, which could help prove dedication. You also only came back from a break recently. All that said, you were one of the few super impartial staff members over the years, and left overall I feel good impressions on the playerbase.

3. Xeodis

Xeodis Well-Known Member

Xeodis
    God
    Thank you Shaq.

4. Daniela

Daniela Well-Known Member

DanielaWolfe
    Veteran
    +1 you were always super helpful back then and did a great job. I know you are super active now, and I think the becto staff could really use you.

5. Cibr

Cibr Well-Known Member

Cqbr
    God
    I feel like this was very short and not enough effort was put into this.
    I talked to you in calls and am good with you but I am not going to let that get in the way of my opinion. I feel like there are some things you need to work on such as this application and ingame behavior.
    My first impression of you was toxic, I was ingame and killed you and you said something along the lines "Oh this kid is just trash but is in a set" or something like that which isn't really mature.

Like you could have added ALOT more detail ngl, You have like two sentences for every question, please work on that.

But I do see that you are active on kitpvp and are in the discord calls quite often so thats a good thing, but overall it's going to be a -1 from me for now but that could change in the future.

6. Xeodis

Xeodis Well-Known Member

Xeodis
    God
    All good man thanks for the honest feedback.

7. Xeodis

Xeodis Well-Known Member

Xeodis
    God
    Thanks Daniela.

8. PrimeRex

PrimeRex Active Member

urfault
    VIP
    The application is really good but I feel like its short and missing alot of detail.
    The good thing is I have interacted with you ingame and you seem nice and willing to help anyone. You are also super active on the forums and discord and have past experience of staff on this server. We desperatley need kitpvp staff members right now and you seem to have good knowledge of kit.
    +1

9. Xeodis

Xeodis Well-Known Member

Xeodis
    God
    Thank you Admirably.

10. Peep

Peep Builder

Peepsibabe
    Builder
    Hi.

I agree with what Sonoma said about your application. I also believe I have seen some toxicity from you recently, but I cannot 100% say that is true, so I am not going to make it a big deal. With your application, it is extremely short, and is lacking detail. Your "Have you been muted/banned" answer is the longest part of your application, and that part is still very short. Your "How can I contribute" answer should be the longest answer as that is where you really get to prove your capabilities. Saying "I know how to staff" is very general answer that could mean a lot of things. You were staff almost 2 years ago, and you're saying you remember absolutely everything about it? You should talk more about your capabilities, and go more into detail of what "staffing" entails. Do you know how to catch cheaters? What are your experiences, and what have you learned from those experiences? Can you problem solve? Are you mature? Those are just a few examples. You should look at some pending applications to get an idea. You refer back to your last application when you say " I stand by my last staff app and what I said about being good at defusing situations before they escalate." Do you expect us to know what you said there? I went and looked. You went into more detail about it there, but you should've went into more detail now instead of just referring to it.
    You are very active on discord, but you aren't on the forums. Yes you have 184 posts, but the majority of those are from 2019 and 2018. You've been decently active recently, but you should stay consistent, and prove that you can stay consistent.

11. Tigey_12

Tigey_12 Active Member

JSWD
    God
    I remember you! When I first played the server in 2018 you were the most active staff on KitPvP. You actually awarded me with my only mute which was in my first month of playing when I was being toxic xd. You were a great staff, but I feel like just because you used to be staff, doesn't mean that you remember everything and know all the rules which some may have changed. My biggest complaint is that your app is not detailed enough and your grammar is not that great. I'm not going to give you +1 or -1 because I feel if you can reprove yourself, you should be staff again. Gonna hit you with my signature |1|.

|1| the absolute value of (+1/-1)

12. Raider2x

Raider2x Well-Known Member

chickapedia
    Veteran
    We can’t be picky with who applies or else we aren’t gonna get anywhere towards an active staff team. Seems like he fits the job +1

13. Xeodis

Xeodis Well-Known Member

Xeodis
    God
    I completely agree peep I did skip out on the detail here and I apologize for that. I should've put more effort into it if this one gets denied and if I decide to make another it'll not have this problem. Thanks for the feedback.

14. MildSawss

MildSawss Admin

MildSawss
    Admin
    Oh wow I .. I actually did not expect this. Hi again Karzima, forewarning this is going to be a very long post from me. I feel as if I can offer some good, and of course bad insight on your application.

Lets start with you, as a staff member previously.
    Alright so when I first began Becto back in 2018, Karzima was a helper. He was the most active on the team, next to another member by the name of Boogie. They were both excellent at what they did best; which was pinpointing hackers and rallying the evidence.

I must say that when I became a staff member, Karzima became a Moderator. It was well deserved from what I had watched as a normal player. I quickly realized that both Karzima, and his best friend Boogie were my go-to mentors for needing to learn detection in hacks. All the way through me becoming a Moderator Karzima helped keep me level headed and it was quite enjoyable going to him for advice as a fellow staff member.

However, that's when I noticed a few things.
    As a staff member we have to record evidence of certain things and document it into a single online entity that allows each of us access. This ensures cooperation within the team, and of course accuracy with restrictions of the community.
    There were many times that you mentioned you enjoyed "hoarding" videos, and restrictions.
    This meant that you had a folder of evidence and restrictions that you had not filed into the Staff Database.

Now, some individuals may not think this is a big deal; however it most certainly is.

If I restrict someone for advertising and I hold onto that restriction and not document it then we can assume that the other staff members will not know just how many times that person has been muted for advertising. At Becto, the guideline is after 2 advertising offences they get a perm mute. If I'm muting someone over and over again for advertising and not documenting that, then the player would not be muted permanently and the community would have to deal with that player returning every 7 days to bombard the chat with advertising they clearly do not wish to see.

I really hope that if you make it onto the team that you do not hoard restrictions in a folder and that you file them right away. Its key to the team to know exactly what someone has done, and how many times they have done it so we can keep the player base fair with restrictions.

That being said, obviously if Karzima truly had as many restrictions as he had put aside in a file that he was a very active staff member which truth be told; Becto currently needs.

Regarding some..troubling screenshots.

So I have two screen shots here that sparked my interested. I'd like for you to please explain them. They are in no means tampered with, or photoshopped. This is indeed your username as well, Karzima. Is there any way you can present some information as to why you said these things?

[​IMG]

Also this one.

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance for providing insight for those two. The last one is slightly disturbing as you were advising a player to download a hacked client. Skin blinking is a serious offence as it can cause intense lag client side on our players. Even if posed as a joke, you should know that this would not be tolerated speech from a Staff member.

Now onto a rumor that I heard.
    So this is indeed negative, and I do apologize in advance but it's something that has been bugging me just a bit this entire time.

Apparently when I was promoted to Admin before you, you ranted to someone that Dean only gave me Admin because I became a good friend of his. You also mentioned to that person that you would become inactive because of this. As if to back up this claim, you did indeed go inactive before suddenly dropping off the team an amount of time afterwards. Also, just to be fair here; this was not just one person that mentioned this to me. It was two people, and they claimed that they were in a group call with you at the time and you got very angry when I was announced the newest Admin at the time. I'd like to move past this of course if you are welcomed back onto the team; if this was indeed true. This goes hand in hand with your personality. I am told that you are a very toxic individual; especially in phone calls, but as I go by my own motto. I believe in second chances. I will not pay mind to these claims and I will hope that you and I, if you are welcomed onto the team, would get along nicely and cooperate with one another. I hope there to be no forms of toxicity between the two of us.

Now on-wards to the other thing that is concerning me.
    You and Boogie were apart of a staff team of another Minecraft server that slandered Becto and it's staff members. Now I don't hold this to you, but I'd like to be assured that you hold no ill intent towards the staff members, or Bass. You held a lot of negative vibes, especially after your numerous returns to Becto's platforms. I felt off put by you, and you seemed to radiate anger and frustration towards the staff team in specific. You and someone else often ranted about how unfair, and troubling the staff team was. But I do not have evidence of this. I just hope that its not true, but even if it was; I mentioned, I believe in second changes.

Wrapping this up.
    Karzima is amazing with detection of hackers. I have full confidence in that ability of his, as well as basic staffing abilities.

His application is in fact a bit short, but it can be managed. Not all of us want to do novels for our applications. Short and sweet can do the trick at times.

Active in game as we speak now, and I've been told Karzima is very active on all platforms apart from reporting individuals.

Thanks for reading this massive novel, Karz.
    I hope I can get some answers from you!

15. Swahzyy

Swahzyy Well-Known Member

Swahzy
    God
    +1 it’s not about the length of the staff application, it’s about the quality of the player and becto needs more active staff and someone like you would help a lot

16. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    I believe they changed and are less toxic. I was in a call with them, and they were getting farmed by at least 5 op players. Needless, they didn't start chucking around a major amount of foul language, and didn't hackusate out of anger. These players had played becto a long time, and targeted karzima in the past. I would like karzima to explain some of your screenshots and claims, but I think karzima is a different person.
    Note: was in the call with them monday, may 4th. Also, I am not personally great friends with karzima, but similar to you Mild, looked up to them as a very good staff member

17. Xeodis

Xeodis Well-Known Member

Xeodis
    God
    1. The Filing- I did slack off on this I'm not gonna deny it, but I never "enjoyed" it. It started happening alot towards the end of my time as staff which I'll get into later where mostly came from lack of motivation.

2. The Screenshots- Those were nothing but immature jokes that shouldn't have been made. I never "abused" to get any personal gain or restrict anyone I didn't like per se. On the other hand I often did bend the rules to catch hackers or people doing things they shouldn't be doing.
    some examples of them are

1) afk-ing in vanish for a while so people wouldn't see me get on so I could watch players without suspicion.
    2) dropping out of gm3 behind suspected people to catch KA (they snap onto me from behind) or dropping armor on them if I thought they had auto armor.
    3) I would ask someone to be bait for a video and drop them at a TP location if the hacker was in the back of the map not fighting anyone to get evidence and I've been watching a while.

While these are considered abusing I consider them methods of getting the job done and if me doing them is bad I'm sorry. I was just trying to be efficient.

3. The Rumor- I was upset about it at the time. I did rant and I was upset. I was a lot more toxic when I was 18-19. I'm 20 almost 21 now a lot has changed about me I'm more mature and I understand that I should be happy for people when they achieve things instead of feeling envious. At the time I held an animosity for it because I felt it was unfair while in hindsight I see you deserved it.
    It was stupid and I started losing motivation to do anything on Becto. My friends wanted to do other things I felt burnt out and I didn't want to get on I didn't want to do anything. Yes that includes the filing I knew it was wrong I never felt good about it and in hindsight I wish I would've just taken the time to do it. I've done a lot of growing since then I don't even talk to the same friends I used to. I've never held any animosity toward you as a person you were always nice and I was being immature and I apologize. I hope after this if I do or don't get accepted we can get into a call and talk it out.

4. The Other Server- Me and Boogie were managers of a server that we were working on that we started on after we left Becto. We didn't have any intent on slandering Becto staff we didn't even want the people from Becto to come over to the server because we didn't want to be known as trying to steal a player base. I have always had a deep love for Becto through anything that ever went on even at the times I didn't want to admit it. We talked among ourselves of course about the staff members and our opinions on them good and bad but never wanted to slander anyone. The anger you felt off of me was the same thing I was talking about earlier just some things I couldn't get over at the time and will apologize again for that here.

18. MildSawss

MildSawss Admin

MildSawss
    Admin
    Thank you for the clarification. That was a very thought out response, and as I stated before I do believe in second chances. You're qualified for the position, you know how to do the job, and I personally know you'll get it done. After all of this discussing, and seeing the way you've owned up to the screenshots, and the rumor - I'll be voting +1.

19. uhsleep

uhsleep Well-Known Member

cwaire
    Invader
    i liked your app, reading it was enjoyable although it was short. reading each post, what ally said and your response to it, owning up to the things that she spoke about and actually replying to each thing she asked you, shows maturity in my opinion. we are good friends but i still wouldn't lie about an applicant. you're a good person, you're active, you were a good staff member previously and i think you'll be a good staff member now and that you'll get the job done : ) +1, good luck

20. 7fishy7

7fishy7 Well-Known Member

7fishy7
    God
    The reply to mild was great, and is why I'll give a +1. I'm still skeptical about the "abusing" (this was never proven and I see what you did as getting the job done as well) and the holding off on filing. But I have faith you wouldn't do it a 2nd time as you are a pretty nice guy, and were great staff back when you had it the first time from what I remember.

All in all, +1 from me. Goodluck.