Would a becto app be beneficial?

Discussion in 'General' started by Patrick33345, Mar 25, 2019.

1. MrKittle

MrKittle Well-Known Member

Lord_Coffee
    God
    Thats for the ideea . Didnt even know I can do that

2. BWiXXT

BWiXXT Member

BWiXXT
    God
    I totally agree with Becto.net having it's own app. It's a great and easy way to draw more players to the community and to the forums! Awesome post! :-D

3. PinkUniicorn

PinkUniicorn Member

PinkUniiCorn_
    Invader
    Sounds like an good idea ! Would be great if this would be possible !
    Maybe also with a chat for each Gamemode, so you are always connected

But I think that would be a lot of effort..

4. MVKay52

MVKay52 Well-Known Member

ImMk
    Veteran
    The discord does all of this? How would putting immense time and effort into an app instead of fixing the server help anyone.

None of these suggestions are that different from the forums and the discord.

5. Boogie

Boogie Well-Known Member

_Boogie
    God
    I'm gonna have to agree with Mk on this one. Instead of putting time and possibly money into creating an app that is not needed they should be using those resources to develop the server and improve from what they currently have. I don't really see how an app could help Becto mostly as Hypixel is arguably 200x the size of Becto and doesn't even an app to my knowledge. Hypixel could most definitely create an app if they wanted but it's quite literally pointless for them and the same should go for Becto.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Post Great Post x 1
    • List
  6. PinkUniicorn

PinkUniicorn Member

PinkUniiCorn_
    Invader
    No, of course this is not needed atm. First the whole server needs more players and has do be fixed again.
    This is something you could work on in the future. Atm this is really not needed, I agree with that.
    But the idea in general is a good one.

7. BWiXXT

BWiXXT Member

BWiXXT
    God
    It doesn't really have to cost money. Of course it is an idea for the far future, but it doesn't have to take an immense amount of time and money. It could be made very simple and just for the purpose that players can access it fast, nice and easy.

8. MVKay52

ImMk
    Veteran
    But what would it do that the forums and the discord don’t?

9. BWiXXT

BWiXXT Member

BWiXXT
    God
    Some people don't have Discord, heck, some people don't even know that it exists. If someone would be willing to write the code for the app in an APK Editor, (which isn't rocket science by the way. this is basic programming knowledge) then that would be great! I studied in the IT as a Programmer, (HTML, CSS, Javascript, Ruby, jQuery, Android SDK, PHP and more) and I can say that even people outside of the IT can do such a thing. You write the code, and next to the code window you see the code that you wrote appear as assets to the app before your very eyes. Like magic. It doesn't have to be an AAA quality app, since Becto will never be as huge as for example Hypixel. So just a simple app to navigate through everything Becto.net has to offer, and that is based of the web-version or maybe also built around it. Isn't a bad idea. People could maybe find Discord or the website rather confusing, so a simple thing like this can clear a lot of things up.

#49 BWiXXT, May 10, 2019
    Last edited: May 10, 2019
  10. BWiXXT

BWiXXT Member

BWiXXT
    God
    And that doesn't have to cost a single penny and maybe 2 tot 3 days of work. And we're talking 4 to 6 hours a day. Not full work days. And maybe if someone did this, they would recieve a special 'PROGRAMMER' rank or something as a thank you. And that they will maintain the app if needed. :) Things like purchasing things from the store should stay on the website to not overcomplicate things and because of security exploit reasons. But in the app could be a hyperlink redirecting you to the Becto.net webstore. :)

11. MVKay52

ImMk
    Veteran
    But anyone who won’t take the time to download discord isn’t going to download the becto app...

Also, I asked how it would be different than the discord and the website...

12. BWiXXT

BWiXXT Member

BWiXXT
    God
    You don't know that. The Discord is hidden in the forums. (New) Players don't always look in the forums to find something. Something like that should be on the front page.

And it would be different from Discord, like I already mentioned, because it's easier to look at than Discord. You don't need an account, unlike Discord. You don't need to verify yourself for whatever reason, unlike Discord. Everything could be layed out easy and simple to navigate, unlike Discord. So there are many positive points on making an app compared to Discord.

13. Boogie

Boogie Well-Known Member

_Boogie
    God
    It could cost depending on if Jet/Bas make the app or if they hire someone to do so.

14. BWiXXT

BWiXXT Member

BWiXXT
    God
    It doesn't, because this is not a professional cause. Because it is a MINECRAFT SERVER. And like Patrick said when he opened the thread, he would like to attempt it. And like I said, maybe they can be given something like a special rank without any other special permissions. And this is not hard to do, just add it in the group manager (PermissionsEX, for example. Idk which one this server uses.) I really don't know why people are defending the server so much. This server needs change or it will be dead by the end of the year. Open your eyes. Pff..

15. MVKay52

ImMk
    Veteran
    Everytime you get on the server it says in chat “join our discord”

Also, how is it beneficial to spend all this time making app so that it might be somewhat better to navigate?

Also people would need to make an account anyway so people could know who they are....

16. guthixUll

guthixUll Well-Known Member

Lord_Guthix
    God
    Great idea & quite unique from other servers. Even the biggest servers don't have use this idea. We all know Becto players love to chat and express their opinions but for now I do believe the time and resources should be spilled fully onto the server itself.

17. Boogie

Boogie Well-Known Member

_Boogie
    God
    Dev work can actually cost a lot of money as Minecraft is more of professional business than you would like to think. I wouldn't trust a random member within the community to something such as this without actually showing the community or Bas the code so players could know that the app they are downloading is safe. If you think I'm defending the server you are severely wrong.

An app should be one of the last things this server worries about. There's so much wrong with the server atm and you're sitting here trying to justify a Becto app thinking it will help lol.

18. BWiXXT

BWiXXT Member

BWiXXT
    God
    The message is also something most people don't really see. It has to be more clear that there is a Discord. And if a simple app can do the same job, why not? Stop being so negative about everything.

19. BWiXXT

BWiXXT Member

BWiXXT
    God
    I don't say Minecraft isn't a professional business, I say Becto.net isn't. And there isn't any sensitive exposed code that the player could exploit, so what is your point? And he said that he needs permission from the owner, so he WILL show his prototypes to the owner for them to approve.

An app is indeed the last thing the server needs right now, I don't say it is needed now. But it would be great if the server could get this once it starts to thrive again. Becto has a great community and it would be a shame if it would go to waste by lack of maintenance.

I'm not justifying anything. I'm just saying that this is a great way to seperate Becto from all the others. Becto starts to get stale, and they need to fix a lot on every gamemode.

And I am not saying that YOU are defending the server, just a lot of people, including staff, are. That's just a shame. Be open to change, be open to better times for this once wonderful server.

20. MVKay52

ImMk
    Veteran
    I’m not being negative about anything. I’m being realistic about what needs to be done on the server.

There could be a way to get more people to join the discord and the forums, but ditching all that’s been done on here is not the best option.