Would a becto app be beneficial?

Discussion in 'General' started by Patrick33345, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Patrick33345

Patrick33345 Active Member

Patrick33345
    Raider
    Hiya! I've been playing on the server for a while but never actually made a post to the forums until now. I have recently gotten into app development (still in the learning stages) and was wondering if something like an app to check becto forums and possibly receive notifications for certain threads and stuff like that would be used by anybody? I would love to attempt to make something if people would be interested in using it. I understand that you can access becto through mobile but this app would simply be to make it more friendly on mobile and possibly give you notifications as mentioned before.

I would of course need permission from the owner of the server as this is his property and would need to be published under him. I would be willing to do it completely free as I'm still learning and this would be a good opportunity for me. I would love to see what people think of this idea!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Great Post Great Post x 2
    • List
  2. Lucas S.

Lucas S. Well-Known Member

schottler3
    Veteran
    Yes, please. PLEASE

3. Eunhee

Eunhee Well-Known Member

wifeu
    God
    #1 on app store epic but do not make it available for android users. Hate y'all

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  4. Patrick33345

Patrick33345
    Raider
    There is a problem with iOS development as it is much more costly than Android development and takes much more time so I am not so sure about an iOS version but an Android version I can definitely do

5. Dartino15

Dartino15 Well-Known Member

Dartino19
    God
    I currently use an Android, and I get notified via my connected GMail account for any replies to threads I watch.

Currently, I find the desktop version of the forums straightforward to use via Google Chrome (for Android). It might be possible to somehow make this experience a lot nicer in an app interface but I don't know if it's worth the effort.

6. Patrick33345

Patrick33345
    Raider
    Would you use the app version if it were available to you?

7. Dartino15

Dartino15 Well-Known Member

Dartino19
    God
    Honestly, I wouldn't, but that is just me.

This is because I don't really need a forum application taking up space on my mobile device when I can just navigate the website itself on my phone.

However, those with older generation phones (I have a OnePlus 5) may not able to navigate the website as easily, thus meaning this potential application could be a good solution for them.

8. Patrick33345

Patrick33345
    Raider
    Okay good to know the only purpose is to make it more user friendly of course if it were to become a thing i might add extra little things later on if the owner wanted.

9. BorderPlayz

BorderPlayz Banned

dinonugget14
    God
    This would be really cool. Sadly I’m on IOS but I’m sure if the management of Becto liked this idea they might be willing to pay you for the move to IOS and Android. (No clue though)

+1

10. Peepsibabe

Peepsibabe Builder

Peepsibabe
    Builder
    I personally would not use this, and I wouldn't even have a choice if its only going to be on Android. It does sound like a cool project, so if you do get Bas's permission, you should definitely make it.

11. Patrick33345

Patrick33345
    Raider
    I would love to make it I have already created a rough template if he would like to see it, but I of course cant proceed any further without his permission and help with graphics.

12. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    Notified through email, good idea makes becto more formal and stand out huge plus 1 @Bas please look into this

13. BorderPlayz

BorderPlayz Banned

dinonugget14
    God
    you already can get notified through email with forums but an app would be cool. optimizing the forums for mobile

14. Patrick33345

Patrick33345
    Raider
    im in the process of making it right now and the mobile app seems to run Becto forums much more smooth

15. BorderPlayz

BorderPlayz Banned

dinonugget14
    God
    great, will you be able to provide screenshots soon?

16. Patrick33345

Patrick33345
    Raider
    Absolutely I'm mainly working on graphics right now. Also would you like it better to open to the main forums page with all the subforums or have a choice to choose the subforums from the app and be taken there?

17. hughes955

hughes955 Active Member

hughes955
    Raider
    I like this idea! Right now whenever I access the forums on my phone I just have a tab open in my browser. I think if there was an app for Android I would use it.

18. Patrick33345

Patrick33345
    Raider
    Great to hear I may have an early build of it for you to test for optimization purposes and sorts in about 20 minutes or so.

19. Patrick33345

Patrick33345
    Raider
    https://imgur.com/i612NVw
    https://imgur.com/q2nziCX
    Heres a few images I know it doesn't look like much right now but im mainly focusing on optimization and ill focus on making it look more polished later. Note that i still have to add the rest of the sub forums and the little yellow bubble will not be there it is purely for development purposes.

20. Skizzles

Skizzles Well-Known Member

ISkizzlesI
    God
    I honestly do not see the need for an app. I prefer mobile on Google chrome plus I can switch to desktop mode if need be.