Global Widening Becto Beta's and improving player satisfaction.

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Bloopaloop, Apr 25, 2019.

?

Widen the amount of Beta participation through ranks?

1. Yes, Both Invader and God rank only should be allowed to apply.

2. Yes, God rank only should be allowed to apply.

3. No I believe this to be a bad idea.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop Well-Known Member

Bloopaloop
    God
    As someone who took part in the factions Beta the first thing I noticed when invited to the discord was aside from myself there were only staff and only 1 factions members. Eventually names were thrown around to pull in more players but in my opinion not enough were allowed in. I personally don't think it should be a secret or not to the extent it was or is for current ongoing Beta's.

Here is my propitiation for closed Beta's allow anyone of Invader or God rank to opt in to participate in the closed Beta. This can be done by simply making a forum post visible to those ranks and they can post a reply with their IGN in it to be white listed or just give a special rank in the Beta discord so they can click an emote to opt in.

The reason I'm proposing this is simple the faction Beta lacked members and there were definitely more people who would of been willing to help. By allowing players who hold some monetary value in the server in this case a high priced rank we widen our Beta participation while reducing the risk to some extent as someone with a rank is both more inclined to care for the server and at the same time they have something to risk themselves.

Obviously nothing is a guarantee but with all the major changes and revamps coming to a lot of the servers I believe this to be the best course of action. I'd also like to clarify that I'm not pushing for Closed Beta's to be for Invader and God rank only just that they are allowed to sign up and participate because of their rank, aside from that nothing would change in the selection process. Obviously anyone who is seen abusing this privilege should be reprimanded and banned from participating in any further Beta's. This would also hold a nice incentive as far as purchasing either of the highest 2 ranks, especially when listed in the webstore.

• Great Post Great Post x 1
    • List
  2. BorderPlayz

BorderPlayz Banned

dinonugget14
    God
    Honestly I agree. The beta was just bobross and a few solos.

3. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    No by ranks, some very good knowledgable players don't have good or invader, it should have a different way of seeing who participates. To me, it is fairly obvious who could participate and who shouldn't, just by what servers they play, and if they understand the game mode well.

4. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop Well-Known Member

Bloopaloop
    God
    This is to allow players who have those ranks to be able to participate. The players you're talking about would still be able to participate at the discretion of whoever is in charge of that Beta as it has been and as faction Beta went players can suggest others. So basically there would be no change in the players being invited based on being knowledgeable etc because of their rank.

I guess I should explain how Faction Beta went for those who didn't participate. You were pmed on discord asked if you wanted to participate by Jetpuffed then invited to the Becto Beta server. There you could suggest players and the person in charge would choose who to invite and who not to. This lead to a small amount of actual Beta testers with little faction diversity.

TLDR: Those players you mention would still be invited, I'm not pushing for ranked players only to be allowed to participate in Beta's. Only that Invaders and God ranked players get to participate or apply because of their rank. You would see no loss in players that are knowledgeable about the server just an increase in participants, which would hopefully help get rid of more bugs etc before launch.

5. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    Ah ok, makes sense, +1

6. guthixUll

guthixUll Well-Known Member

Lord_Guthix
    God
    there were many players that were involved in the survival beta, that was good to see :).

7. BorderPlayz

BorderPlayz Banned

dinonugget14
    God
    Factions was garbage beta. I think what should’ve happened was we should’ve all gotten money and tokens to test. No one even got to really “test” things in 10 days.

8. Hidden_Hacks

Hidden_Hacks Well-Known Member

Hidd3n
    God
    Took part in the beta, was fun but it was shit looking back on how many bugs where found by us after the beta. If we had access to more things in the beta , maybe the duping glitches would have been found before and prevented factions faults.