Global When should servers reset?

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by shaqs_burritos, Feb 24, 2019.

1. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    This is a thread about where servers are and if they should reset or not. Feel free to add comments on what I have posted, just please remember to be respectful to everyone, and their opinion!
    Factions- reset 1 month ago, good for about 6 more months

Survival- probably 75 percent want a reset, and the 25 percent who don't are the players who have large bases and don't want to lose their work.

Kitpvp- Jetpuffed and other staff are working on it now.

Skyblock- generally skyblock servers don't reset alot, and since so many other servers are in need of a reset I don't see this happening for a long time.

Prison- prison needs a reset sometime in 2019, the main reason players don't want the reset is because they don't want to lose all the work they put into the server, which is completely understandable.

Creative- unless we run out of plots in the world, this server is perfectly fine.

Ok so make sure to comment and put your input into this, I want to hear the community talk about the current state of the servers they play on. Thanks for reading!

#1 shaqs_burritos, Feb 24, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
  2. Dartino15

Dartino15 Well-Known Member

Dartino19
    God
  3. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos
    God
    Thank you Dartino15, I appreciate the feedback. I read the post, and agree with all of it. Creative is the server I am least active on, so I'm least in touch with that community. Anyone who is reading this check out Dartino15's link in their post.

4. hughes955

hughes955 Active Member

hughes955
    Raider
    As for skyblock, I think skyblock resets should be extremely rare. From my experience playing other servers, skyblock resets always would lose about 10-20% of the player base, if not more. It takes a lot of effort to build a large island with functioning farms and generators, and the thought of having to start from square one is not very welcoming, which causes a lot of people to leave.

5. idontknw

idontknw Member

idontknw
    Veteran
    I agree that survival needs to be reset, and my thread says about 75% of players want a reset, like you said

6. Lucas S.

Lucas S. Well-Known Member

schottler3
    Veteran
    A reset is undetermined, administration is very well aware of the survival situation. There truly is no need to keep bringing it up.

7. CakeAndTea

CakeAndTea Member

LovingJames
    Plus
    Creative- unless we run out of plots in the world, this server is perfectly fine.[/QUOTE]

i don't really have a lot of knowledge based on whether or not a server should reset or why so correct me if i'm wrong; but when the whole "world" of the server/game-mode Creative itself would have a reset if every plot is taken? i got a bit confused since i play Creative and there are thousands of plots that aren't claimed yet. i've experienced many resets in Creative and i'm sure it's not because the plots ran out; the most recent reset i experienced was yesterday and i experience it nearly everyday i come on here. bit confused on what you're talking about for Creative.

8. TitanVanguard

TitanVanguard Well-Known Member

TitanVanguard
    Veteran
    When we talk about a reset, we mean it just as a form of clearing lag.
    When we talk about a wipe, that is when mean everyone's progress gets removed and we start from scratch.
    I think you are confusing the two.

This is for everyone: When you talk about having all progress from everyone removed from a sub-server, please say "wipe" so others don't get confused.

Restart = lag clear
    Wipe = progress clear/start from scratch

9. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos
    God
    I said reset, not restart, piccoman, that was an unnecessary post for someone with eyes.

10. Skizzles

Skizzles Well-Known Member

ISkizzlesI
    God
    Why you all gotta argue.... aight listen I find this post completely unnecessary... its stating the obvious. Players want resets yes, but things got to be planned. With @Jetpuffed and his last factions reset I can only imagine what he has in store for the other servers. Everyone just needs to be patient and have faith in the current team.

11. idontknw

idontknw Member

idontknw
    Veteran
    Yeah, I just think it would be nice for them to actually tell us if they were working on it.

12. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos
    God
    @Skizzles, do you think that Jetpuffed and other staff should create a thread or document that says when servers are projected to get resets, or work done. Half the post nowadays have something to do with a server resetting, and since it is kept very quiet, players are curious. This is why their are so many of those posts. Players are hungry for that information and a thread saying when that might happen could fix all that.

13. BorderPlayz

BorderPlayz Well-Known Member

bordrr
    God
    At this point this is just post farming. THERE ARE NO PLANNED RESETS. THERE WILL BE DETAILS GIVEN WHEN A RESET IS NEAR.

14. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos
    God
    What I am saying is that staff might already have a guess when servers are in need of a reset. It would unclutter posts, and make people's lives easier.

15. Lucas S.

Lucas S. Well-Known Member

schottler3
    Veteran
    You'll never be able to stop stupid people from going and creating a thread asking something that's in the open already.

16. Skizzles

Skizzles Well-Known Member

ISkizzlesI
    God
    I believe there is no need to, having updates be a semi surprise is better. Then they are not rushed and can be done right.

17. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos
    God
    I Agree with the surprise aspect and the fun it may bring, but it could cut down on unnecessary posts.