Factions Ways To Improve PVP

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by DHScamo, May 31, 2019.

1. DHScamo

DHScamo Well-Known Member

TUMUG
    God
    1. Remove ladders from pit

Its a waste of time if you fight for 5 to 10 minutes and the guy ends up escaping. Even worse a player can bow boost to the top of the ladders very easily to escape.

2. Remove bows

Bow spamming is very annoying as it knocks you all the way across pit and you can bow boost to the top of the ladders to escape.

3. Remove lava

Honestly the worse thing about pit is suiciding with all ur gear and items when you lose.

4. Disable repair tokens while combat logged

A guy with unb10 and a stack of tier V tokens would last hours fighting as long as they didnt run out of gaps or repair tokens.

5. Disable invisible potions

I think it's an unfair advantage that those who use an older version of minecraft (1.8-) can see the names of those who dont use that version.

So invisible potions are pointless and useless and give those with an older version an unfair advantage.

6. 1v1 warp

It would also be nice to have a warp on factions were u could 1v1 without any interference and other members could watch.

Maybe make a 1v1 event schedule for pit like koth but every 30m or 1 hour. Only 2 players can enter pit

If you have any suggestions or you agree or disagree please comment below.

2. AkaneKaimetsu

AkaneKaimetsu Active Member

phaxiuss
    Invader
    Everything is pretty accurate +1

3. DHScamo

TUMUG
    God
    7. Add a delay to /back

8. You no longer have combat log once u kill the player

4. genericTrashbin

I disagree with 1, 2, 3, and 5.

First 1: The ladders are not any easy task to climb while fighting. One way to counter is to buy a punch bow.

2: Bows are apart of factions. pvp is a major aspect in factions and it adds more strategies to pvp and factions in general. Also a mistake in bowboosting might cost your life.

3. lava is a controversial topic and I think it should be placed on the floor instead to have a way to knock people out of it.

5. If a plugin can fix the invis problem then I think invis potions would be fine, but no point to just remove them for no reason.

8. I would disagree with this but with the /spawn command having a delay I guess it just makes it take more time, so I can agree.

Repair tokens in pvp can die though.

5. Meta Knight

Meta Knight Active Member

Morpho_Knight
    God
    Troll post. Considering that you also use these to your advantage such as the lava suicide and the invis pots, and the ladders. Also tp's such has /back has received delays ever since last season. I also don't think alot of people will use the 1v1 thing because this is factions, not a "1v1 bro xd" server so i know very few people will actually use it seriously other than to goof off. For #8 that can be abused if you kill a naked. The knock back from a bow only gets annoying when the player can actually aim with the bow btw, but its even more annoying when it comes from a epic or epic 2 bow. I also don't see a problem with that when everyone pretty much uses the bow casually.

6. Meta Knight

Meta Knight Active Member

Morpho_Knight
    God
    some of that i forgot to mention in my reply but thanks for putting that out @genericTrashbin

7. Dreamwreath_

Dreamwreath_ Well-Known Member

OnlyInDreams
    God
    1. The ladders should stay, if they were removed then people could come in pit naked and keep tagging you using /back when they die.
    2. Removing bows is a bad idea. It isn't impossible to keep people in pit if they're bow spamming or bow boosting. Just bow spam them or bow boost to them. Bow boosting takes practice and timing and it can be hard to do while being hit.
    3. Lava shouldn't have been added in the first place. This allows people to burn their stuff when they know they're going to die.
    4. Repair tokens are a problem in combat because it's very similar to mending. They allow fights to go on when they should've ended minutes ago.
    5. Invisible potions are fine in my opinion, just fix the glitch that allows you to see invisible players while in a certain version.
    6. The 1v1 arena sounds like a good idea, I don't see why it shouldn't be added.

8. DHScamo

TUMUG
    God
    1. Ladders are easy to climb and it's even easier with bow boosting any experienced player can escape.

2. Bows arent strategic in anyway. All its used for is to spam knock back and to bow boost all the way to the top of the ladders. Which makes pvp pointless.

3. Lava should be removed completely from pit theres no good excuse to keep it. Only reason ppl want to keep it in pit is so their head doesnt drop when they die

5. Invis is just pointless and gives ppl an unfair advantage unless a plugin fixes the issue.

8. I think it would improve pvp because you can leave instantly after a fight and wont get stuck in pit by ppl who spam /back

9. DHScamo

TUMUG
    God
    1. Ladders should be removed. And as I stated in a later comment

7. Add a delay to /back

8. You no longer have combat log once u kill the player

Would solve the problem of ppl scamming /back to combat log u

10. Dreamwreath_

Dreamwreath_ Well-Known Member

OnlyInDreams
    God
    The /back cooldown would have to be really long. This would make it annoying to use /back, not just in pit but in other places as well.
    If your combat tag was gone when you kill a player then what if other players are tagging you? And people can just walk right back into the pit. This solves nothing.

11. genericTrashbin

While I don't think bows are used to kill people, they aren't just used to spam. Bowboosting isn't super easy either. Even the best mess up sometimes.

All in all lava probably should be removed

Invis potions aren't giving an advantage. The glitch needs to be fixed but doesn't mean they need to be removed now.

I agree alot of things need to be refined but hopefully that can come soon.

12. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop Well-Known Member

Bloopaloop
    God
    1. I disagree ladders should stay.

2. Bows shouldn't be removed but the level of punch should, epic bows are stupid in multiple ways not just for pvp.

3. I completely agree with this hands down.

4. Yeah using repair tokens in combat is a way better type of mending and honestly extremely stupid to have in.

5. I agree with removing invisibility pots there is no fix for people running a lower client version and the server is setup specifically so you can use other versions so unless that changes which I highly doubt it will then there should be these pots on factions. Especially since experienced players on the server know about this and use this to their advantage while newer players will be clueless for weeks to months or forever who knows.

6. I really enjoy 1v1s if it's possible to some how make it work I'd enjoy it. In season 4 we had a community made Colosseum(s) made by @Eunhee for 1v1s and it was one of the best parts of season 4.

7. /back has probably been the most abused command in the server and should have a higher cool down.

8. Seems like a bad idea I can see a lot of issues arising from trying to implement this and is overall not worth it.

This was a good post with a lot of good suggestions being brought up.

Also @Meta Knight Don't try and discredit him calling this thread a "Troll post" If he takes advantage of exactly what he's suggesting needs fixed then you're just further enforcing his suggestions on those issues that need fixed since you're pointing out his knowledge of the problems by admitting that he takes advantage of them meaning they are an issue and you agree with him. Also as far as /back is concerned you were/are one of the top abusers of that command. As far as everything else you don't pvp you have openly admitted this and it's no secret to anyone, so before you comment on a post calling it a troll post don't reply with one yourself.