Wavery

Discussion in 'Declined applications' started by Wavery, Aug 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sappytreee

Sappytreee Member

the fact that he got people to back him up and announced it in public chat in game was immature and not a good trait for staff. As staff you’d have to be patient and be open to opinion. Although I haven’t seen anything that shows he wouldn’t take constructive criticism it still does not present well to focus biased opinions on your staff application

2. Sonoma

Sonoma Well-Known Member

sonoma8
    God
    These comments are just trolls at this point
    Wavery getting these players who rarely use the forums to comment on your app makes you look a lot worse.
    This is not a campaign or votes.

3. Lurf

Lurf Well-Known Member

LOAFTHELOAF
    God
    You have an okay playtime for only playing for 3 weeks, but I feel like you haven't played on Becto for long enough to know the server well enough. Also, you're not very active on discord or the forums. Even if you have made a few posts on the forums or comments in the discord, there were only a few and they were very recent.

Personally, I've never seen you in chat or had the chance to speak to you, but I'm unsure if that's just due to us being online at different times.

In conclusion, you yourself stated that you believe a server is driven by the community, so I'd suggest getting to know our community and server a bit more. Even if you have already made a lot of friends on the server, which I'm glad to hear of, I think you should still play for a bit more before applying.

And along with gaining more support and friends on the server, it appears you've been acting a bit immaturely about applying for staff, encouraging spam, and have had an immature nickname in-game.

I'm going to give you a -1.

4. Dartino15

Dartino15 Mod

Dartino19
    Mod
    I'm not going to lie here, I thought this was some sort of meme at first after seeing all the "Wave4Staff" related content in Factions. But now it's a reality, I don't know what to say.

When we talked, you seemed nice and friendly however what the people above have said (minus those who you've let known purposely) makes me wonder why you actually want to become staff. There is obviously a strong bias from those who you're friends with and those on Factions, majority of them with barely any forums posts.

If this is how you've acted when you applied, who knows how you'll act if/when you do become staff.

5. Meddi

Meddi Builder

Meddi
    Builder
    Lack of maturity definitely shows in the screenshots Felicette sent. The majority of the people +1'ing you also seem like a bunch of friends who made a forums account just to +1 you. The way you approached the application process and the way you attempted to promote your application in-game further adds to my -1.

6. Wavery

Wavery Member

Tsunamii_
    VIP
    I appreciate everyone who has given me support and love along the journey to applying. It's unfortunate in the matter it was received, but so be it. I talked a lot in my application about community, and having a player driven server. These values are still important to me, and don't worry, you will see another application 11:49 October 17th. Just look, in 1 week of non stop activity in the community I have not only made allies, but real friends.

The community and its members have a say in staff applications, they can say their piece and choose whether the applicant they see on the server and in the application is ready for a position. This idea of community driven system is unfortunately overshadowed by the final say being on the staff team itself. +1's inherently do not matter if the friends I have made are labeled as "Just friends giving +1." I made these friends by being a positive influence on the server.

Like any rank, campaigning is a natural part of gaining that position. For me to hear that it is immature is also quite unfortunate. I was mature enough to not apply with no notoriety, be polite, and continue to do what I do to make Becto a better place. If that is overshadowed again by the community positively reacting to my application and pursuance of a staff position, then that is damaging to the goal of a positive community. I created a platform to voice an opinion, the opinion that I am a good choice for staff. If the community wants that change in the future, I applaud them.

Cheers to everyone who has helped, and thank you for your support. Count on my application in 2 months, when it is allowed. Please expect more of my 'friends' to give me a plus 1. I also appreciate the valuable criticism some of you have given me for my next application.

-Wave

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  7. Nestastic

Nestastic Well-Known Member

diversely
    God
    I gotta agree with Felicette here. Before you applied, I'd always see you or your friends bring up "Wavery for staff". I thought it was just a joke, because the thought of "Wavery for staff" being spammed everywhere (chats and player nicks) to help your staff application do well just seemed satirical. It's gotten to the point where it's just annoying. It would be fine if "Wavery for staff" just popped up once or twice, but I've seen it talked about daily in chats by you or your friends. It is totally immature, and looks to be nothing more than a joke. After Felicette's response to this application, your friends have been disrespecting Feli in chat and they've continued to spam because of it.

Moving aside from this, I also haven't ever really seen you on the forums at all. Your only post is this staff application. If you were at least active on forums, I could maybe look passed the spam and give you a neutral. Another thing I noticed is that your forums account is linked to an alt, and not your main. This can be confusing to players.

In conclusion, your "campaign for staff" is immature, and you're not even self aware of it. You also are very inactive on forums and Discord. Bring your activity up and please refrain from spamming the chat if you decide to reapply in the future.

8. Dragonrival

Dragonrival Member

Ayro_
    God
    He's made friends on the factions server. We have talked to him and we like hime. Of course he has people thet like him giving him +1 because we acctually like him and we need a staff on factions. Well i hope this server dies soon cause thats what it deserves. Peace out!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Great Post Great Post x 1
    • List
  9. Mju492

Mju492 Well-Known Member

Zovx
    God
    I think that he deserves at least some support because he cares about what he is trying to do and that is very good for the staff team. He has talked about trying for staff and that's not bad hes getting supporters and his friends can do what they want he isn't forcing them to give him a good rating they are stating what they think and if that is bad i don't know what is good. Because people can do what they want and he has many people that like him and support him

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. Nestastic

Nestastic Well-Known Member

diversely
    God
    Felt like I should include this. This feels sarcastic, and makes it feel clear you are frustrated with your application being criticized for lack of forums activity. This is not the way a staff applicant should act. It also looks that you fail to understand that forums activity is important. It's not that it's more important than ingame activity, but it's the fact that you have no forums activity whatsoever besides this post.

You do not seem to be taking this well at all. Your idea of "promoting yourself" is spamming chat and getting your friends to nick themselved Wave4Staff. This is not the way to do it at all. It feels nothing more than a meme if this is the way you decide to "promote yourself". The best thing that you can do is to just let people find your application themselves. Don't go out of your way to spam the chat. If anything, you should just help players, see how the community is doing, look around on the forums a bit, etc. If the playerbase finds you helpful and nice, they may check your application and possibly give you a +1. Your idea of promotion looks immature and obnoxious to most players and staff.

11. elan88888

elan88888 Active Member

Rubickk
    You have caused #waveforstaff thing, which lead to severe chaos, plus i don't see you much on discord. That's a -1 from me

12. Meddi

Meddi Builder

Meddi
    Builder
    You're correct. The community does have a say in staff applications. However, your definition of "community", from the looks of things, refers to your close group of friends that you've made, which clearly does not represent the entire Becto community.
    All of the +1's on this thread have been from players who made a forums account for the sole purpose of +1'ing you. This group of people does not constitute the "community". You have yet to acknowledge the fact that the players -1'ing you are also an integral part of the community.
    It seems to me that your main reason for applying is to gain notoriety and please your group of friends. You can't just make a group of friends on here and say that you've gotten to know the community.
    You should rethink the reasons for why you are applying.

13. KewinX

KewinX Member

Lynxe
    Invader
    +1 I've seen you online a lot on factions recently, even thought i don't really know you that much i still know you'd be a good addition to the staff team. Which i'd hope the staff would also notice if they would open their eyes.
    Sadly that is very unlikely for them to notice that they are lacking actual staff who "WANT" to be helpful for the server.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  14. AshleyMcrft

AshleyMcrft Active Member

Sweet_ACrepe
    VIP
    Wavery has been nothing but supportive and helpful to all of the players, especially to the ones who just started the server. I believe he would be a great staff member.

15. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop Well-Known Member

Bloopaloop
    God
    This whole application is a joke. If I wanted to see a circle jerk I'd go visit a different website. Not only have you shown yourself to be immature prior to the application you then continue to show even more immaturity after your application isn't going the way you want. Honestly don't even bother reapplying as you've said on "11:49 October 17th" as you've already set yourself up for future failure and 2 months isn't going to fix that. It's clearly a -1 from me. #WaveryNot4Staff :XD:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  16. QuiteShallow

QuiteShallow Manager

QuiteShallow
    Manager
    Your application is not a bad one, due to all these comments from your friends and the ranting and raving ingame I would usually just straight up deny applications like this because its clearly bias (as its clearly friends,faction members and your own allies responding here). Your forum activity and discord activity is also not what is expected of a staff member, but I wont focus too much on that here.

I decided to give you the benefit of the doubt and check your background out a bit, not only did you become rude and toxic after Felicette's comment on your application (which to me is already a red flag as it shows you cannot take criticism) I also have evidence of you bribing people to +1 your staff application. The advertising or promoting of your application is an issue as it looks like you simply want to make yourself look good and want to speed up the application process.

Now to clarify, I saw a lot of people calling Felicette out for only allowing people he wants on the team or having bias when recruiting staff members which I can say is 100% false. I am solely the staff manager of Becto and any applications that are accepted are read and approved by me, if you have an issues staff related dm me on discord at QuiteShallow#6801.

If you have any questions dm me on discord, tag is above.

Application Declined

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Great Post Great Post x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.