Survival Villager Spawners

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by VerifyTV, Jun 16, 2019.

1. VerifyTV

VerifyTV Active Member

VerifyTV
    God
    I almost never complain about items in crates but survival is all about economy. So when you use an epic key and get a villager spawner that you can't make money on, it makes you not want to buy keys again. They are useless and make no profit what so ever.

So I would like to suggest maybe making the chances a bit more rare by 1 or 2% then making it so they drop emeralds or something that you can sell. Because to get a spawner out of an epic crate that doesn't make you money is kinda dumb. Many people feel this way, its just a waist of an epic key. Nobody wants to go through the trouble of finding the right villager to get 3 emeralds off of. In my eyes, the value of them is nearly 10k as they should be over 1mil. Especially if its coming from an epic crate.

2. MildSawss

MildSawss Well-Known Member

MildSawss
    God
    Hi,

The items in the crates are to keep them balanced.
    I'm declining this suggestion.
    If we find an imbalance we will re-balance it for sure.

Thanks for suggesting!

3. Jetpuffed

Jetpuffed Well-Known Member

Jetpuffed
    God
    I'm reopening this thread, as this was a too premature rejection.

I think adding an emerald drop chance to the villagers would be a great idea, instead of having them be worth pretty much nothing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  4. Cloudy

Cloudy Admin

Cloudeh_
    Admin
    I like the idea of making them drop emeralds, it would make villager spawners much more versatile and would increase variety on how players can earn money on survival.

#4 Cloudy, Jun 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  5. Ralph12322

Ralph12322 Well-Known Member

Ralph12322
    God
    as long as the villager drops are balanced, it should be fine.
    Atleast the villager spawners will actually be worth something.

But please don't make them too OP.

6. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    Great idea, make them worth it in the crate, make money, and have them go alongside a iron golem for high profit. (Goes and buys all the cheap villagers off of ah just in case) great suggestion, +1

7. Makeb

Makeb Well-Known Member

Makeb
    God
    I support that idea of making villagers drop emeralds. It will make villager spawners better from nothing.

8. MildSawss

MildSawss Well-Known Member

MildSawss
    God
    I was under the impression you were speaking of changing values in the crate itself, upon further inspection and someone else explaining to me your exact desire, I wouldn't be opposed to Villagers gaining the ability to drop emeralds.

I do apologize for the misunderstanding!
    Good luck with this suggestion :-D

9. auns

auns Guest

10. Jetpuffed

Jetpuffed Well-Known Member

Jetpuffed
    God
  11. VerifyTV

VerifyTV Active Member

VerifyTV
    God
    you can lower the sell price of emeralds or make them drop a different item. Villagers should drop something if they are coming from an epic crate. If you guys decide to make them drop items, will the villagers stack or continue to drop one by one?

12. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos
    God
    Most likely stack, you could obtain trading villagers through spawn eggs.

13. Ralph12322

Ralph12322 Well-Known Member

Ralph12322
    God
    I am not sure if this is implemented to survival yet but most servers dont make villagers stacks
    Villagers are supposed to fall to their death if u make a grinder with villagers if they are stacking up it will mess the grinder.
    if you would use lava to make a grinder of them they could glitch though the roof or walls (happened to me when I made a creeper grinder while using lava)

14. Miner Steve

Miner Steve Member

How Do we find out if this request , or any request has been implemented?

15. Felicette

Felicette Manager

Felicette
    Manager
  16. remkosp2

remkosp2 Member

RemkoSp
    Invader
    As I post in much of my posts, this is just my opinion, but I think it's unfair because I sold mine for cheap AF. That's because they are worthless now.

17. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos
    God
    If this was implemented, I believe that if you kept the % to get it in the epic crate the same, villagers should have a 25% chance to drop emerald(s). This would make it not as good as a iron golem, but still a valuable spawner.

18. VerifyTV

VerifyTV Active Member

VerifyTV
    God
    I mean for a 1% chance at a villager spawner, you would expect that spawner to be good and make you money. "use it to grind xp" but like isn't that what blaze, zombies, skillets, and many more are meant to be? And those spawners are a 6% chance. All I'm saying is that the spawner is meant to be rare, give us a reason to keep it and not sell it for more than 25k on ah. Villagers need to drop an item of some sort to make them even somewhat valuable. If not, they're pointless. Especially on a economy based type of server.

19. VerifyTV

VerifyTV Active Member

VerifyTV
    God
    And I just realized that they also don't give xp when you kill them. So they are actually pointless. All I am suggesting is to either make them give xp, or drop items when they die.

20. guthixUll

guthixUll Well-Known Member

Lord_Guthix
    God
    Seems like a lot of things have still went untouched, including a lot of reported bugs :-( We can only wait though.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List