Villager-based iron farms?

Discussion in 'General' started by idontknw, Mar 22, 2020 at 9:12 PM.

1. idontknw

idontknw Active Member

idontknw
    Veteran
    When the survival reset happened, I decided to build a big villager-based iron farm. Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but it doesn't seem to be working and when I test it out it doesn't work, even with a simple single-village design. I was wondering if anyone knows whether iron golem spawns from villagers are disabled and if not what could be causing this, as it's working in a singleplayer world

2. Lord_Premiere

Lord_Premiere Active Member

Lord_Premiere
    God
    What I can tell you is spawn rates for all npc's are insanely low so its probably because of that.

3. idontknw

idontknw Active Member

idontknw
    Veteran
    Iron golems aren’t affected by normal spawn rates, and someone else told me they are specifically disabled

4. Lord_Premiere

Lord_Premiere
    God
    Oh okay, and I know its the panic stuff with he 45 second interval and all that hooplah but I was assuming that they found a way to lower it anyways but nice to know.

5. idontknw

idontknw Active Member

idontknw
    Veteran
    That’s for 1.14+, it’s different in 1.12. But yeah I didn’t see a single one so I think it’s disabled

6. Lord_Premiere

Lord_Premiere
    God
    oh well I'm not to big into anything aside from walking around and staring at stuff tbh so it doesn't surprise me that I'm wrong but good luck with getting a new farm idea together