Survival Vilager-based iron farms

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by idontknw, Mar 25, 2020.

?

Would iron golem spawns from villages ruin iron golem spawners?

1. Yes, they would

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, they wouldn't

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. idontknw

idontknw Active Member

idontknw
    Veteran
    Hi, I have a sort of question/suggestion for survival. I recently built a large villager-based iron farm on Survival and it wasn't working. After some testing I was pretty sure iron golem spawning from villages was disabled, as even afking for a few hours I didn't see a single iron golem spawn from a smaller farm that I'm sure should work. This could also just be me getting unlucky or something to do with villages rather than iron golems, but if anyone knows anything about this it would be appreciated and if they are in fact disabled I'd suggest that they be re-enabled, as big farms like mine require a lot of work and iron golem spawners still have numerous advantages, so it wouldn't affect their sales.

2. TriactaSwift

TriactaSwift Well-Known Member

Triacta
    Veteran
    Yes, natural iron golem spawning is disabled because that would make IG spawners useless.

3. idontknw

idontknw Active Member

idontknw
    Veteran
    I disagree. The only villager designs that can even compete with spawners are stacked village ones, which either have to be built in spawn chunks (which they can’t on survival) or have to automatically rebuild, which for big ones can take several hours. This is time that they have to be afked at, and every time they are unloaded it has to happen again. Also, this could maybe be something that only happens in regions where it’s enabled, and it could cost 200k to enable or something

Edit: Also, they were enabled in the old survival server (the 1.8 one, before the complete wipe) and iron golem spawners were still used much more

4. 10scorpion19

10scorpion19 Well-Known Member

LittleScorpi
    God
    I don't think having the villager iron farms would completely ruin IG spawners. Due to the reasons listed above, I never used one even in the 1.8 becto, but I never realised that it got disabled.

5. TriactaSwift

TriactaSwift Well-Known Member

Triacta
    Veteran
    It would significantly devalue them because people would just grind out vill farms instead of buying IGs. And if the server were to move to 1.15 then villager farms would be wildly OP.

6. 10scorpion19

10scorpion19 Well-Known Member

LittleScorpi
    God
    Yes, but that process is a lot slower, and I don't think survival is getting updated to 1.15 anytime soon. Personally, I think it should stay how it is right now because yes you are correct, it devalues the IG spawners. My final say is that if you want to have an iron farm, get IG spawners, deal with it.

7. idontknw

idontknw Active Member

idontknw
    Veteran
    If it were moved to 1.15 i agree they should be disabled, however there’s no indication that that will ever happen. Also, I seriously doubt it would devalue IG spawners, as it had almost no effect in 1.8 and spawners are much more convenient. Village farms are a lot more complicated and harder to build, but it would provide an opportunity to players who can't afford epic keys to at least have some form of iron farm while still having to put in effort to make it.

8. idontknw

idontknw Active Member

idontknw
    Veteran
    "grinding out villager farms" isn't really possible. You can make large villager-stacking farms, but it's not something infinitely expandable - They can't be within 80 blocks of each other due to village mechanics, which basically means any single player would only be able to have one running at a time. The only way to make bigger ones is to completely rebuild them, and due to villager/chunk limits they couldn't be that fast anyway. IG spawners are still a ton better, villager farms would just be a sort of gateway to be able to work up money to get spawners.