Click to Copy IP
  • Using longer ANTI-CHEAT ban times.

BobaYaskan

Hoaxan
    Hoaxan
    VIP
    Reactions
    Hello

I see cheating is a huge problem on the server and see u guys have serious dedication to fix this via better anti-cheats. I'm not a fan of how the anti-cheat times are 30 minutes, anti-cheat already has a hard time finding cheaters, meaning it would take almost 30 flat minutes to find a blatant cheater, my suggestion is to use longer anti-cheat times like 7 hours to look into what was flagged. last night I saw 13 new players, all with VPN's using cheats and dominating when not a single admin signed in for 12 hours, claiming how "the anti-cheat doesn't work". and how "it's fun to cheat",

not only is cheating a problem, but players with high ping also have a huge advantage, I feel the server needs ping limits... Such as kicking a certain player over *** ping.

Not only all of this, but I had also joined a group chat full of ranked players tossing around a cheat named Koid, using things like higher cps, double cps, and even has a built-in Doxxer. I was very shocked to see how the lack of bans goes into this server and I hope you like my suggestion.

Best Regards,
    Bobayaskan.

Attachments

KnightByte

Banned
    Knight_Byte
    Knight_Byte
    ULTRA
    Reactions
    the server auto bans people that have vpns before they even join the hub telling them to turn off their vpn

Xeodis

Reactions
    The Anti Cheat- Right now the Anti Cheat isn't complete that's why it only bans for 30 minuets. Right now it is primarily a notification system to make staff aware of players that the Anti Cheat thinks are cheating. It is good at detecting blatant cheats but not so much with the more subtle ones and right now is in more of a beta stage. So to avoid legit players getting banned for prolonged time periods it was was made for 30m.

Players with higher ping- This is not a good idea at all. Becto's servers are American, and this is an international server. Meaning players from all around the world play here. I have friends that live in Africa, Guam, Australia, and all over Europe. They cannot help their ping. It is because of their geological location vs the servers. So I don't believe a kick for over a certain ping will be implemented because it would ostracize our foreign player base.

VPN's and Cheating- These two come together a dime a dozen. We have an anti VPN check when players log into Becto but it doesn't block most premium VPN's. To combat that our admins do VPN checks on suspected players using them. The best way to handle situations like these is to come directly to a staff member. If none are available use the support channel in our discord. You should do the same things for just regular cheaters.

Built in doxxing on koid- I honestly have no idea what you think doxxing is, and I think you mean DDoS attacks so I'll explain both here.

Dox - A dox is a person releasing personal information on the internet on someone usually with malicious intent.

DDoS - Is a cyber attack in which the perpetrator seeks to make a machine or network resource unavailable to its intended users by temporarily or indefinitely disrupting service of a host connected to the Internet. Denial of service is typically accomplished by flooding the targeted machine or resource with superfluous requests in an attempt to overload systems and prevent some or all legitimate requests from being fulfilled.

In minecraft players individual cases they would need your IP address and a botnet. Neither of those things come from a minecraft hacked client.

If you have anymore questions please ask in a reply and I'll get to them when I can.

Hama

Reactions
    I don't know how special you have to be to say that a free Minecraft client had a "doxxer" included with it. I don't understand how a free client could search the internet for someones private information and then just present it to the user on a silver platter. Please do your research before making such absurd claims. If you can show me a client that has a built in doxxer please hmu at Hama#1084 on Discord.