• Update

Bas

Owner
    iBasss
    iBasss
    OWNER
    Reactions
    Hey everyone,

I just wanted to make you all aware on what we're working on right now and where we're at.

Survival 1.16 update
    This is the main thing we're working on and planning to release as soon as possible. We're running into a lot of issues trying to upgrade to 1.16 though so it's taking a little longer then expected. We can't give you a release date yet, but once more information is available I will update you by making another news post.

Note that the release of 1.16 Survival might not be perfect, there might be bugs and issues but we will try out best to fix it. 1.16 has a lot of changes so we're not sure what to expect exactly. Hopefully this makes things easier for updating other servers to 1.16 in the future as well :)

KitPVP Event
    Some of you might know that Panduh is working on hosting a KitPVP event. We are hoping to host this event as soon as possible but there are still some things that have to be done before it will begin. Hopefully we can post more information about this before the weekend.

We are also hoping to rework the KitPVP map in the near future, with input from the community. The idea is to keep the community up-to-date on the progress of a new map so that we can all work together to make the best map yet. You will be able to comment on what you like or what you don't like, we can't promise to implement all of your suggestions but we will make as many changes as we can before the map is released on the server.

Bas

Last edited:

Hakman

SIMPFORNOAH
    SIMPFORNOAH
    GOD
    Reactions
    Will the survival map reset because i recently just placed 4 stacks of hostile spawners for the meme...

Last edited:

Leviathan

Levlathan
    Levlathan
    ULTRA
    Reactions
    Make a flat map, nobody honestly cares about what the map looks like as long as it’s good for pvp, also fix pots registering on KitPVP it’s impossible to fight for long periods of time.

Leviathan

Levlathan
    Levlathan
    ULTRA
    Reactions
    Also add 1v1 maps, and make it so that elo matters by making ranked duels pots after you fix splash potions.

Bas

Owner
    iBasss
    iBasss
    OWNER
    Reactions
    Make a flat map, nobody honestly cares about what the map looks like as long as it’s good for pvp, also fix pots registering on KitPVP it’s impossible to fight for long periods of time.
    We'll see what we can do once we start working on it. We have already made some adjustments regarding the pots registering and will continue making changes until it's working properly.

Bas

Owner
    iBasss
    iBasss
    OWNER
    Reactions
    Will the survival map reset because i recently just placed 4 stackes of hostile spawners for the meme...
    It was polled some time ago on Discord, most people voted for a full reset and update to 1.16 on Survival.

Leviathan

Levlathan
    Levlathan
    ULTRA
    Reactions
    Also half of KitPVP’s features aren’t being used, for example plasma, speed on boots, gap1’s Etc. block glitching gets people killed in fights more than amour breaking, koth going on during a server reset. Now I haven’t been on becto in like 2 weeks so let me know if this stuff has already been changed.

Heklo

Heklo
    Heklo
    Reactions
    I don't agree with that, IMO a flat map will make it worse. Right now, I think the map allows for a good amount of flat ground fighting. Any flatter than this would just make runners annoying since they don't have any obstacles to hit, while people bow boosting can whip around instantly to get anyone on the map. It'll make farming a bigger issue too since there wouldn't be many good places to hide, and punch bows would be the most overpowered weapon in the game (they kinda already are).

Preox1000

Reactions
    One way to do this and still make it look good would be to build a colosseum with a flat arena space in the middle and the walls being inspired by the one in Rome.
    This would make it look quite a bit more like an area meant to fight in as KitPvP is all about.

Preox1000

Reactions
    I wish I had the energy to keep playing minecraft right now, honestly can’t say I’m too hyped over these changes but that’s just me. Keep in mind I never played much on either of the servers as a Skyblock main. I will however say that skyblock went downhill pretty fast as chat is dead quite often, few new players join and in general it’s only the old players vs the old players.

I’ll not teach anyone on how to run a server though as I’d do a worse job. Just sharing my thoughts on bits and pieces.

With that said, thank you Becto as a whole for being a huge part of my entry into Minecraft, I might not play as much anymore and only occasionally hop on, but I do appreciate you for being the first server I ever played on.

Thank you, sincerely!

itzniels_

OkayByee
    OkayByee
    INVADER
    Hey everyone,

I just wanted to make you all aware on what we're working on right now and where we're at.

Survival 1.16 update
    This is the main thing we're working on and planning to release as soon as possible. We're running into a lot of issues trying to upgrade to 1.16 though so it's taking a little longer then expected. We can't give you a release date yet, but once more information is available I will update you by making another news post.

Note that the release of 1.16 Survival might not be perfect, there might be bugs and issues but we will try out best to fix it. 1.16 has a lot of changes so we're not sure what to expect exactly. Hopefully this makes things easier for updating other servers to 1.16 in the future as well :)

KitPVP Event
    Some of you might know that Panduh is working on hosting a KitPVP event. We are hoping to host this event as soon as possible but there are still some things that have to be done before it will begin. Hopefully we can post more information about this before the weekend.

We are also hoping to rework the KitPVP map in the near future, with input from the community. The idea is to keep the community up-to-date on the progress of a new map so that we can all work together to make the best map yet. You will be able to comment on what you like or what you don't like, we can't promise to implement all of your suggestions but we will make as many changes as we can before the map is released on the server.

Bas
    hello bass will it reset everything

Leviathan

Levlathan
    Levlathan
    ULTRA
    Reactions
    Ppl get farmed on KitPVP that’s what happens, the only way you stop farming is by banning teaming on kit

couldntbeme

ScreenDoor
    ScreenDoor
    Reactions
    are you crazy? the 2nd map was almost completely flat and that was probably the worst map created. Also, good luck banning teaming on kitpvp, that'll never happen.