Unnecessary Posting

Discussion in 'Implemented suggestions' started by Showy_Dudy, Mar 16, 2019 at 2:45 AM.

?

Do you agree that we should limit unnecessary posting?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Showy_Dudy

Showy_Dudy Well-Known Member

Showy_Dudy
    Invader
    It has come to my attention that people have been posting unnecessarily in serious threads. This has resulted in incredibly clogged up threads as I've seen staff application threads with over 7 or 8 pages with only a few original ideas. I want to encourage players to rate someone's post instead of creating an entirely new post just to repeat a similar if not the exact same idea. In other words, if you don't have an original idea to add to the conversation, don't say it. Just rate the person who posted the idea first with an agree.

I'll give you an example of what I'm talking about:

Person 1: I think this player deserves a position as a staff member because he is honest, respectful, and kind.

Person 2: +1, I agree with what Person 1 stated.

What's the point of creating a new post just to write +1 and tell everyone you agree with what someone said? There's a reason ratings were implemented into the forums. You can express that you agree with someone just by rating their post, without creating a new post and clogging up the page.

I understand that this is a rather small issue, which is why I don't want to give staff extra work and make this a law because that would be a little extreme. I would rather this just be common respect. This will allow us to more easily organize our ideas and formulate a decision. If enough people do this, I'm sure everyone else will follow along.

Let me know what you think about this idea in the comments :)

2. Piccoman

Piccoman Well-Known Member

Rathasaur
    Invader
  3. CakeAndTea

CakeAndTea Member

CakeAndTea
    i'm not sure what you're talking about, but i've been here since Monday (March 11th, 2019) and every suggestion seems to be normal or very good. most of the suggestions that are often resolved or unnecessary often get declined. i'm not an expert but i'm sure that something happens to them. i'm usually on this "Suggestion Wall" nearly everyday and read some of the recent ones and they all seem fine to me. if you're talking about something else then make it clear for me, since i'm a bit confused but i can see what you're getting at.

by the way, i LOVE this suggestion <3

4. Showy_Dudy

Showy_Dudy
    Invader
    Read some of the staff applications and you should be able to see what I'm talking about.

5. monkaKnife

monkaKnife Well-Known Member

monkaKnife
    God
    I've noticed this issue several times as well, I think this would be a great idea to implement.

6. CakeAndTea

CakeAndTea Member

CakeAndTea
    even though i've never really experienced/noticed this issue, it's a really good suggestion that i support. the suggestions aren't meant to be filled up with what other's think of another suggestion; you can do that on the same suggestion on whom you agree with. i know i already said this but..,

i LOVE the suggestion <3 <3 <3

7. SkyHighTiger

SkyHighTiger Well-Known Member

SkyHighTiger
    Invader
    Uh? I don't follow but you know what +1 [​IMG]

8. Showy_Dudy

Showy_Dudy
    Invader
    Thank you! I appreciate the support.

9. Dartino15

Dartino15 Well-Known Member

Dartino19
    God
    This is a great suggestion, and is the reason why I stopped responding to Staff Applications.

Also, to me it just feels like post farming - but that's just my opinion.

10. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    I personally think that people add original ideas, and since it doesn't say who "liked" the post, people like posting. Minor issue, look at the big picture. -1 I almost didn't understand your post showy. Looked rushed

11. MildSawss

MildSawss Admin

WildSawss
    Admin
    I agree when it comes towards people literally saying "-1 reasons above" or "+1 reasons above" .. if your reasoning has been stated, there is simply no reason to go off on what someone else said. If you however have something to add, you could say "reasons above AND" etc. I'd have to +1 this idea, because going through staff applications has become troublesome for me, when there's 4 pages of replies of "-1 -1 +1 +1 +1" instead of honest criticism.

At this point, I'm fairly close to disregarding opinions on Staff Applications in specific with just -1, +1 and no reasoning given. I'd like to think that its a form of just post farming as well. Even hitting the reply button on someone's post and saying this is mainly the reasoning behind my -1/+1, however, I'll also point out ....

Yeah, that's a lot better. I'm going to start implementing that. Debates are fine. I am going to add this idea to the rules of giving feedback upon Staff Applications.

This idea is accepted, and clarified with Dean, whom has given me permission to accept this.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.