TitanVanguard

Discussion in 'Pending applications' started by TitanVanguard, Mar 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Showy_Dudy

Showy_Dudy Well-Known Member

Showy_Dudy
    Invader
    If you understood I didn't claim that I was judging you based on your past then why would you explain how your past wouldn't affect your judgment while addressing my concern in your previous post? This is exactly the type of illogical decision-making and reasoning I'm talking about. Also, when you talk about how you're a very reserved person, you are talking about your personality, which in my opinion and most peoples opinion, is the most important part of being a staff member. If anything, those critical lines should be your main focus of the entire application so I expect those parts to be thoroughly reviewed.

2. Ivy_Night

Ivy_Night Well-Known Member

Ivy_Maze
    Invader
    Look Showy, if he had just said that he was a reserved person then people would have either asked about it or they would have said that staff have to be (very) social. It's also important to not only put good things on your application. I mean, on my application I got the comment that I was manipulating all of you by only putting in positive aspects. Why is it now such an issue when someone gave more info, and didn't only add good traits/aspects of themselves/their lives. Now if we could all move on from the topic, that'd be great. He put the bullying part in his application, and I believe he's given more than enough reasoning behind it. It's not such a big deal.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  3. Showy_Dudy

Showy_Dudy
    Invader
    Ivy, all he had to say was that he is a reserved person but he is trying his best to overcome it. (paraphrased) I don't think you understand that saying you were bullied is a positive contribution to your application. People feel bad for you because of it. Think about it, how is being bullied a negative aspect on his part? Being bullied is the bully's fault, not his. He even stated himself "I have never really been a sociable person as I was always pushed away from social groups inside and outside of school and bullied a lot for being myself." Not to mention, it doesn't even correlate to the staff position. The only logical reason one would put that in there is so that people feel bad. "I would get perturbed about posting in any general chat because I would be afraid that such a person would come out and target me for no apparent reason." Really? You can't seriously tell me he isn't trying to play the victim card here. More than enough reasoning behind it? The only explanation I've seen so far is "I do not know"

4. _Cammm_

_Cammm_ Well-Known Member

cammiesfrog
    God
    this app is amazing, but we’d like to see a lot more of you in discord

i’m so suprised rn boogie actually gave you a +1

+1 for me as well :-P

5. ModdedTutorials

ModdedTutorials Active Member

XertzLionz
    Veteran
    +1 I just think he’s worthy of staff

6. Sappytreee

Sappytreee Member

+1
    you seem like a really genuinely nice person and a great addition to the staff team- your application followed the format, was very detailed and overall was something I personally havent see someone put together in quite a long time

<3

7. Minionator03

Minionator03 Active Member

Minionator05
    Raider
    Showy, do you know what Titan was thinking at the time? You can't just assume that she was playing the victim card. Titan didn't go into much detail about it, but she did say that she was trying to come out of that mindset. The section was about her, so she told about herself.

8. Fgdhsjakskajkdk

ZdiddyFgd
    God
    He* Also, I agree with showy but do not think it’s a big deal. Nobody feels bad for him just because of that one thing he said in his app about being bullied. He does not go around playing the victim card or in this case he did not (in my opinion) write it to play the victim and/or to get sympathy. From his app and how he conducts himself in game, I believe he is the right fit for staff.

9. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    Titan said himself he put being bullied caused him to be reserved. It kind of sounds like wanting attention, Titan acts nothing like that so it is fairly obvious that wasn't the Intent.

10. TitanVanguard

TitanVanguard Well-Known Member

TitanVanguard
    Veteran
    This post is not meant to offend anyone, as I seek to treat everyone with upmost respect.

Please take no offence in this, but that was not the only explanation I gave you. What I said may not correlate with the staff position, but there has not been a single person except you who seems to have felt offended about the addition of that sentence. I even sided with you towards the end because I realized that the sentence was not needed, yet you kept on pushing me into a corner even though I gave you plenty of information as to why it is there. The sentences in my previous posts might not be worded into an answer, but the answer has been right in front of you the entire time.

Also, nowhere in the application rules does it mention that I am not allowed to include that kind of information, and I am over 100% certain that everyone has judged me based on the entire application, my behavior in-game, and my activity on the server/forums/Discord, not based on a sentence describing the troubles I had in my past.

I have also repeatedly said that I am not looking for pity nor attention, but you kept denying that. That is your opinion, and I completely respect that, but I do find it a bit disrespectful that you have repeatedly kept insisting that I was in multiple of your posts. We have never had a conversation before, even after I offered to have one with you in one of my previous posts, so I do not think that you could make such a biased claim in the first place.

I also disagree that personality is the most important factor in being a staff member. There are various factors that equally culminate into being a good staff member, and I find that in most if not all of your posts you have been judging me solely based on my personality, my train of thought, and that sentence.

This was in no way meant to sound aggressive or disrespectful, as I am merely attempting to respectfully stand my ground and give my insight in this argument. I would also like this to be the end of our argument, because this has only become a loophole and does not seem to have an end.

• Great Post Great Post x 1
    • List
  11. TitanVanguard

TitanVanguard
    Veteran
    Thank you guys so much for the support!
    I've already said it, but I am amazed as to how many people have gathered to support me :)

12. TitanVanguard

TitanVanguard
    Veteran
    I know I should have handled this argument by myself, but you guys also helped prove my point, so I would like to thank all of you for having my back on this :)

13. Showy_Dudy

Showy_Dudy
    Invader
    If you are not looking for pity or attention why else would you add it in there? You told me the reason you added that in there was in case people asked you about it. I asked you why would someone ask you that, and you replied to me with "I don't know" Does that sound like a logical explanation to you? Of course you are not breaking the application rules in any way, nor did I ever say that. I merely stated that saying you were bullied is kind of low because you are using people's emotions to be positively biased while reading the rest of the application. People may not want to admit it, but it's true. Would you want to say no to someone knowing that they've had a tough time their entire life? Also, how is personality not the most important aspect of being a staff member? It shows how responsible you are, how kind you are to help other players, if you are willing to learn, and I could go on and on. Not to mention, how could you say I am biased? You said it yourself, we have never had a conversation before. I am basing my judgment solely on your application and how you've addressed my concerns. I'm not sure if you've looked at my other posts but I've received several agrees so I don't think I'm the only person who feels the same way about this. Please understand I am not trying to be disrespectful in any way but I've invested a lot of time and money into this server and I truly care about who gets into a position of power.

14. DMN

DMN Member

DMN_III
    Invader
    +1 this is a wonderful application I haven't see u on prison yet but you have great potential so good luck

15. Minionator03

Minionator03 Active Member

Minionator05
    Raider
    Showy, not everyone is perfect. The rest of the application is amazing so why are you dwelling on a single mistake. It's not even that big of a deal as none of us have judged this application because of that sentence. Titan even admitted that they shouldn't have put it in there, but we are all still arguing about it. If you dwell on a single thing, you are missing everything else in the app.

16. Showy_Dudy

Showy_Dudy
    Invader
    I've had a conversation with the applicant and I believe I mistook his intent. My apologies for the misunderstanding. I've changed my vote to a +1

Best of luck with staff

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  17. TitanVanguard

TitanVanguard
    Veteran
    Thank you so much!
    It was a really nice to have that conversation with you.
    You yourself are a very friendly person :)

18. Sappytreee

Sappytreee Member

Its their application so if they wanted to add that they couldve. I too have spent a LOT of money on this game and care as to who gets into a position of power. However theres no need to take this so far. what youre doing is outright inmature and disrespectful. I think they could do whatever they want with THEIR post and the fact they got over whatever challenges they were put through only makes them a better example. If you're willing to hold a grudge on something like that I dont believe you deserve to be allowed to be on the forums. When youre getting over that it doesnt matter if its pity or attention to anyone else, you feel proud of yourself regardless. Not only is it important to put bad things rather than good things in a application it shows how open and honest they are. Maybe you misinterpreted it and thought they wanted pity whatever. Let it go. Its just an application and even then its a really good one and that being said not everyone has the same opinion as you. As for you paying money on the game- that doesnt mean you automatically earn the right to be judgmental towards others because of your values in game lol.

19. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop Well-Known Member

Bloopaloop
    God
    Before you try and trash someone you should probably read all of the actual comments. Literally the two posts above yours are them saying they settled it. Also seeing as how it's been settled between the two in question it would be the mature course of action to just avoid bringing it up and not try to continue the argument that's over with especially since this is a staff application.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. Mildsawss

Mildsawss Admin

MildSawss
    Admin
    Application Looks Great.

Moving to Pending.​

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.