TitanVanguard

Discussion in 'Pending applications' started by TitanVanguard, Mar 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tonsta12

Tonsta12 Member

Tonsta12
    Veteran
    -1, inactive on kitpvp.

2. TitanVanguard

TitanVanguard Well-Known Member

TitanVanguard
    Veteran
    Thank you for mentioning this. I wanted to explain myself as to why I am not as active on KitPvP as I am on the other sub-servers.

I agree, I am not as active on KitPvP as on the other sub-servers. Like I said in the application, I am not a competitive player. Another reason is that I play Minecraft on 2010 MacBook Pro. The computer has been through a lot, so the quality is not at its peak performance. Also, this kind of computer was meant to be used for office work, not to download and play games at peak performance. The fps quality at its best can reach 25-30fps. When I get into a battle with someone, it drops down to 5-12fps. I also do not play using a mouse. I use the trackpad that is available to me and I bind "attack/destroy" and "place block/use item" to specific keys on my keyboard. I will have to say that such a setup is very unpleasant for me when participating in PvP battles, especially with me sometimes having issues with my sight, but it is quite decent for all other game modes.

However, that does not stop me from passing by every day and joining the rampage that goes on. I have recently been quite more active on the KitPvP server. I have grouped up with a few buddies to join the fight together, and I've had very pleasant conversations with others. I assure you that I will become a lot more active on that game mode, but there are five others that I must also give my attention to.

3. Dymethius

Dymethius Well-Known Member

Dymethius
    Veteran
    Love the amount of effort. I don't know you too personally, but from what I've seen, I think you'd be a great addition. +1

4. BorderPlayz

BorderPlayz Well-Known Member

bordrr
    God
    You said that the FPS hits 25-30. Is that with optifine? Also you need to be able to record good FPS:

5. Damocles

Damocles Member

+1 Amazingly formulated application.

6. TitanVanguard

TitanVanguard
    Veteran
    That is without OptiFine. When I play with OptiFine, the FPS can reach about 35-40 at its best, which should be sufficient as I was able to record efficiently for my previous position. I know I lack equipment-wise, but that would not stop me from recording from various points of view. You must understand I currently cannot afford better equipment as I am using those funds to pay for full-time college. Thank you for asking though :)

Thank you so much for the support! Hopefully our paths cross on one of the sub-servers and we can converse a bit :)

Thank you for the compliment! It means a lot to me :)

7. Showy_Dudy

Showy_Dudy Well-Known Member

Showy_Dudy
    Invader
    Saying "I have never really been a sociable person" is implying that you are antisocial and to save myself time from saying the entire sentence I used the word antisocial. As for my other comment, I said you should have said you were a reserved person and left it at that. As I said earlier, it is a natural human trait that does not need an explanation. When you make a sob story and play the victim card after it's really making you out to be a pity-seeker. Also, I was demanding an explanation on why you thought it was a good idea to put it there, not how it wasn't meant to be unprofessional and immature. You keep giving me explanations like "I am not seeking attention or pity from anyone" instead of logical reasoning on why you decided to add all of that in there when it is not related to the staff position.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    What? Titan is a very active player, who spreads out his time through out other servers. Just because they don't just play kitpvp like you means they spread their time around and fully understand the game mode. FYI, you are fully entitled to give a -1, I just think that a player who spreads out their time instead of focusing on 1 server, has alot better chance of getting staff.

9. TitanVanguard

TitanVanguard
    Veteran
    I have told you repeatedly that I did not add that detail to "make a sob story play the victim card" as you said. Yes, I could have left it a that. If you look at the rest of the application, you will see that I have tried my best to be specific everywhere. Why did I think it was a good idea to put it there? If I just said that I have been a reserved person, then most people would probably have asked me as to why I have become like that. I was trying my best to answer people's questions before they would even ask. In other words, I tried my best to anticipate what people would ask me and covered most if not all sections where detail would have been demanded. Anticipation is never 100% accurate, so maybe others would not have asked about it.

• Great Post Great Post x 1
    • List
  10. Showy_Dudy

Showy_Dudy
    Invader
    Why would anyone have asked you why you are a reserved person? It's a natural human trait. It makes no sense for someone to ask why you became that way. You don't have to go through a traumatic experience to become reserved. Actually, the majority of introverts were just born that way. If that's really the reason you had to add that in there, I don't think you have the logical reasoning to make decisions as a staff member.

11. monkaKnife

monkaKnife Well-Known Member

monkaKnife
    God
    You wrote a great application and you seem like a good person from what other players have said about you. Before I make a decision, I have a couple questions.

Why do you have such low forums activity prior to the weeks leading up to applying for staff?

It seems to me like you only started posting recently to have some activity before you staff application. If you've been here since 2017 why would you just decide to start using the forums recently?

12. TitanVanguard

TitanVanguard
    Veteran
    Thank you for the feedback :)

It was a suggestion given to me. I've been part of the forums/server since December of 2017, but like I stated in the application, I went through a rough stage of depression, and did not want to affect others with that kind of behavior. I came back around the end of 2018 because I still felt attached to the server and the friends that I had to leave. Upon my return, I reconnected with some old friends and I even got to make a few new friends on the same day. Being active on the forums was not just for the staff application. I also felt obligated to helping others and meeting new people as it is part of my personality. Now that I am on the forums, it feels quite addicting to post replies in threads and helping others.

13. TitanVanguard

TitanVanguard
    Veteran
    Like I said, I do not know, but I added that detail anyway in case someone did ask about it. I am not trying to offend you in any way, but I also do not believe that you know how I was born and raised by my parents. That is strictly personal information and I have never disclosed it to anyone. I also do not think that you know how around eight billion people on the planet were born and raised, thus I must disagree with your statement that the majority introverts are born that way. Everyone is born and raised differently and everyone has had their own unique traumatic experience. Everyone's mind works differently from our own, and mine unfortunately works the way it does. That does not mean that my judgement is in question. Like I said in my application, my past in no way influences my judgment in the present. The past is the past, and present is the present.

14. Tonsta12

Tonsta12 Member

Tonsta12
    Veteran
    This is an application response area, not an argument section.

15. Showy_Dudy

Showy_Dudy
    Invader
    There are several studies about how most introverts are born that way, however, we are not here to discuss that so let's move on. I never said I knew how you were born nor did I say I knew the other details you mentioned. I said from most people's perspective, introverts are born that way and therefore it would not make sense to ask about it. Not to mention, if it was so personal, why would anyone ask about it? You said "I do not know" but you've repeatedly been telling me you're giving me explanations but you have no explanation on why someone would ask you that. Also, I am not judging you based on the past, nor did I ever say that in any of my comments. I am judging you based on the fact that you thought it was logical to add that in when it didn't relate at all to the staff position.

16. Showy_Dudy

Showy_Dudy
    Invader
    I am simply stating my concerns and he is trying to address them. That's the whole point of a public application so it is perfectly acceptable.

17. TitanVanguard

TitanVanguard
    Veteran
    At this point I'm going to have to side with you, for the sake of reaching consensus. It may have been illogical to put it in. I did not think about removing it when I finished my application, as I had been focusing on adding the finishing touches to it after days of it being a work-in-progress. You must also understand that it is one sentence embedded in a multi-paragraph application, so I could not focus solely on that. I have seen some conflicting studies about how some introverts are born that way and some are not, so I partially agree with you. I also understand that you are not trying to judge me based on my past and I did not claim that you were doing so.

18. guthixUll

guthixUll Well-Known Member

Lord_Guthix
    God
    You don't need to be active in all the servers. People misunderstand this. Being familiar with the different servers is helpful and looks better on an application. you're application is very well done. One of the best +1 Good luck & I hope you're doing well ^-^!

- Guthix

19. TitanVanguard

TitanVanguard
    Veteran
    I do like playing on all servers though because they are all unique in their own way which makes playing them more fun.

Thank you so much for the support :)

20. ProfoundImpact

+1 , and according to when I talked to you in game , You seemed nice and mature . Your also active on many gamemodes and discord as stated before. Overall, Excellent Application. Good Luck and I hope to see you on the staff team!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.