TitanVanguard

Discussion in 'Pending applications' started by TitanVanguard, Mar 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ivy_Night

Ivy_Night Well-Known Member

Ivy_Maze
    Invader
    +1, Bloop basically summed it all up. You've put a huge amount of effort in this application, and in the forum posts I have seen from you! Although I haven't seen you on factions, that's probably just a timezone difference. I mostly play factions, but I doubt that my kills/deaths are higher than yours, I'm not really much of a pvp player xD (just trying to say that factions can be enjoyable without pvp as well, although a persons preference about a gamemode is very personal :-D)
    It's great that you have such a high playtime because it shows that you know the server, especially if you play all the gamemodes.

2. TitanVanguard

TitanVanguard Well-Known Member

TitanVanguard
    Veteran
    In Factions, I've been more of a farmer. I once participated in building a triple-layered starter base for a faction that I was in previously. I recently built myself a small unprotected base as I was factionless for a short time. It has yet been found.

Thank you so much for all of the positivity! You've all made me feel a lot more confident ever since I posted the application. I can't thank you guys enough for that :)

3. Peepsibabe

Peepsibabe Builder

Peepsibabe
    Builder
    +1

4. Jetpuffed

Jetpuffed Manager

Jetpuffed
    Manager
    +1 you're very deserving of staff

5. Showy_Dudy

Showy_Dudy Well-Known Member

Showy_Dudy
    Invader

I'm going to -1 purely because you mentioned that you were getting bullied. You mentioned that you are not sociable and you could have ended it there but instead you decided to add in that you were bullied. This really angers me because people who mention that they were bullied when it is not needed are usually people who are looking for attention and pity which is not something I want on the staff team.

6. genericTrashbin

Kind person and the app was wonderful. I think you would do a good job monitoring Becto. +1

7. TitanVanguard

TitanVanguard
    Veteran
    I apologize if you disliked what I said. I was merely attempting to explain myself as to why I am not a very sociable person. I am also not a kind person who seeks attention from others. I am rather a kind hearted person that gives anything he can to others before they even ask for it. Yes, I was bullied throughout my childhood, but my past has never affected my judgement over others in the present. Another important life lesson I've learned is from Abraham Lincoln when he said "Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?". There may be people that define me as their enemy, but I find that there is no point in arguing with them. I would rather sit down and have a civil conversation with those people until we reach consensus.

Thank you for the feedback! :)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • List
  8. TitanVanguard

TitanVanguard
    Veteran
    Thank you guys so much for all of the positive comments! I cannot believe how many people have gathered to support me for this application and I cannot thank you enough! :)

9. 10scorpion19

10scorpion19 Well-Known Member

10scorpion19
    God
    Just saying in the requirements for the application you need to give background information. I think that it is great that TitanVanguard mentioned his flaws and understands those flaws. I see it as acceptance rather than asking for pity.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  10. Showy_Dudy

Showy_Dudy
    Invader
    Scorpion, I'm not mad because he stated his flaws, which I stated in my post earlier. He could have just said he was antisocial and left it at that but he unnecessarily pointed out that he was bullied in his childhood which is my concern. It has nothing to do with the staff position and the only reason why he would mention it is because he wants pity/attention. Titan, I am looking for an explanation on why you felt the need to include that. You don't have to be bullied to be antisocial. You seemed to have given me an explanation on why you being bullied won't affect your judgment on Becto, which is not my question.

11. TitanVanguard

TitanVanguard
    Veteran
    The reason why I included it was because I wanted to explain myself as to why I am not a very sociable person. Everyone has their own reasons, and I wanted to give a reasonable amount of detail as to why I have become like this. Like I said, I am not looking for any attention or pity from anyone. That would be a very immature move and I am in no way trying to do so. I also wanted people to have some kind of information about my past so they know how much change must have taken place over time for me to become the person that I am today.

• Great Post Great Post x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. Lucas S.

Lucas S. Well-Known Member

schottler3
    Veteran
    I think limiting a comment to, "I'm antisocial" sounds really bad in an application. Someone would have asked for follow up in the end. Neutral

13. Showy_Dudy

Showy_Dudy
    Invader
    He didn't have to say antisocial he could have used something like " I'm a fairly reserved person" or introverted. It's a natural human trait that doesn't require an explanation.

14. Showy_Dudy

Showy_Dudy
    Invader
    As I said earlier you could have just said you are a reserved person or introverted which is a natural human trait and doesn't need to be explained. When you say you were bullied you're making yourself out to be a pity-seeker and trying to play the victim card. Also, what does being bullied have to do with changing? It's not your fault you're being bullied it's the people bullying you.

15. TitanVanguard

TitanVanguard
    Veteran
    As to what Lucas posted, I am quite confused whether that post is directed towards me or Showy_Duty. Nevertheless, thank you for the feedback.

As to what Showy_Duty said, I never mentioned the word "antisocial" in my application. You mentioned twice that I should have said that I am a reserved person. If you look into my application again, I said the similar if not the exact same words: "I have never really been a sociable person as I was always pushed away from social groups inside and outside of school and bullied a lot for being myself. This has made me a bit of a reserved and anxious person".

I am not trying to offend you in any way. I am honestly just confused about your previous posts, as I already had done exactly what you demanded from me. I understand that you did not like that I went into detail about how I became a reserved person, but I have already mentioned repeatedly that I am not seeking attention or pity from anyone in any way as it represents immaturity and unprofessionalism. If you wish to label me as a "pity-seeker that seeks to play the victim card", as you said in your post, then I can only politely disagree. I would never commit such an immature act.

I also understand how difficult it can be to be in staff position, but I believe that with hard work and determination I can manage to handle the overwhelmingness. The time has come for me to battle that mindset of reservedness and anxiousness, and I am determined to do so.

Nothing in this post is meant to harm you in any way, so please do not take anything that I said personally.
    If you still do not believe me, we can always get together in a call, have a conversation, and hopefully reach consensus.
    I am always open to listening to others' opinions.

16. Lucas S.

Lucas S. Well-Known Member

schottler3
    Veteran
    I'm just not certain if I full heartily approve you. Better be safe than sorry with being unsure, so neutral.

Attached Files:

17. Minionator03

Minionator03 Active Member

Minionator05
    Raider
    Great application. I have seen you in game, you are very respectful to players.
    +1

18. Jedz

Jedz Well-Known Member

Jedz
    Raider
    Great application and all-ound behaviour :) +1

19. TitanVanguard

TitanVanguard
    Veteran
    I completely understand. Thank you for clarifying what you said earlier :)

20. TitanVanguard

TitanVanguard
    Veteran
    Thank you guys for the positive feedback! I appreciate it a lot :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.