TitanVanguard

Discussion in 'Pending applications' started by TitanVanguard, Mar 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanVanguard

TitanVanguard Well-Known Member

TitanVanguard
    Veteran
    How long you have been playing on Becto.net?

I have joined the Becto server in late October, 2017. My current play time in-game is 7 weeks, 4 days, and 18 hours. I took an elongated break from Becto in 2018 as I was going through another very rough stage of depression, and I did not want to affect anyone on this marvellous server.

Here is a screenshot of my /level information:

TitanVanguad :level.png

How often are you online?

- Every day, I am usually online for six to eight hours. On some days, I spend up to sixteen hours playing on the server including taking quick breaks to get myself a drink, eat something, etc… I mostly play during the evening and throughout the night depending on how tired I get. However, my schedule varies sometimes due to events occurring in my personal life.

- I have also been dedicating a lot of time to the forums lately, and I must say that I have become addicted to posting on the forums. I always endeavor to help other people and give my honest opinion towards casual discussions whilst also taking some of that time to welcome new players to the forums and the Becto server in general with a smile. When I post on the forums, I try to put as much thought as possible into the message I am attempting to convey. Sometimes I spend an hour just brainstorming about what I should write and if that has any correspondence to the given topic.

- I must confess that my activity on the Discord server is very minimal. I have never really been a sociable person as I was always pushed away from social groups inside and outside of school and bullied a lot for being myself. This has made me a bit of a reserved and anxious person. I would get perturbed about posting in any general chat because I would be afraid that such a person would come out and target me for no apparent reason. However, I am trying my best to turn that mindset around and to become as sociable as possible.

- That being said, that does not mean that people do not sent me any direct messages over Discord. People ask me questions about the server and about the commands that are available on a daily basis and I go out of my way to help those people out. I even get requests to explain how farms and other mechanics work and I always put everything aside to assist, and I perpetually tell them that I am available for them if they require any information or help. It does not matter what I get as an outcome of the labor I do for other players. What matters is that they are happy and satisfied with the work I have done.

What game modes you are most active on?

- I used to play mainly on Skyblock but I have since expanded to all other servers and I am quite familiar with the commands that are available to me. I will openly admit that I have been struggling with some of the commands on the Creative server, but I think that is understandable because of how many commands and sub-commands one can find there. I have also found a way of dedicating an equal amount of time towards every server. Sometimes I do get “hooked” to a specific game mode, but I then try to even it out by spending an adequate amount of time on every other one. I have made a few friends on most sub-servers and enjoy spending time with them.

- Skyblock was always my favorite because I could have my own home for myself where no one could interfere with my large projects.
    - KitPvP is always a nice place to spend time at because I can have a few fair battles with other players whilst having a nice conversation with others. I look forward to spending even more time on there.
    - Creative is a fabulous place. I usually go there to build things using only world edit, to help players out with testing, or to visit some great plots.
    - Then comes Survival, where I was invited to a fabulous group and I found a nice place to call my home. That sub-server is usually quiet but there’s still quite a bit of activity there, friends for me to play with, and newcomers in need of help.
    - Factions is also a nice server where I can commit to some nice raids or farm materials. If I am not wrong, I believe that the faction I am currently in is allied with one of the top ten factions so I am looking forward to doing some PvP or go on farming runs with some of their members.
    - Last in line comes Prison. I am currently in mine K which does not sound like a lot, but I do not completely focus on mining on that sub-server.

All being said, I just want to point out that I try to diversify my presence on the Becto server as much as possible so I can assist everyone at all times.

Why am I right for the job? How can I contribute to the team?

- Personally, this is the hardest question to answer as there is so much to talk about. I think that I am right for this job because I believe that I am unique. I believe that everyone in a way is different from one another. I was a staff member on another Minecraft server that has since shut down back in 2017. I was very proud of the position I was placed in and it taught me how to be a great team leader and coordinator. However, I uncovered that the owner of that server was being corrupt, thus resigning from my position later on. Nevertheless, I was still proud of this position because the players enjoyed spending time with me as I was always there to help where it is needed.

- I also did a few small jobs like gardening, babysitting, looking after peoples’ pets, and various handyman jobs. This might not sound very exciting, but you have to understand that if a person hires you and you do not get the work done, you are fully responsible and will not get paid. I accepted those jobs because I could not find a part-time job while I attend college. Also, these jobs offered quite a bit of experience even if they were not top tier.

- I believe that the staff is not just a team, but that they are a family and that teamwork and having each others’ backs is what keeps them together. I have already said this in two other posts but I cannot stop repeating myself when I say that being a staff member means that you are part of the backbone of this whole server. Without staff, there simply is no server. They are not just here to shadow and punish those who break the rules and disturb the peace. They are present to support the people who come to play as they try their hardest to dedicate their time to all of them. I plan do exactly so. I always feel motivated to help others ,so I never back away from a challenge.

- Being a staff member is not an easy job, I agree. I also may not have as much experience as others may have, but I am always ready to learn new things. I always strive to do my best. An important life lesson that I have learned from my grandfather is that “you don’t just do work, you do good work”. I plan do be doing the exact thing if I am given the chance to do so. I want to show the staff members and the players that I can also do good work.

- A way for me to contribute is as a translator/interpreter. You may know that I am trilingual. I am fluent in German, French, and English. At home, I commit some of my free time to teach French and German to other people as well as the culture behind those countries. I could serve as a valuable asset when it comes to translating text or voice proficiently for other staff members who may not be fluent in those specific languages. My goal in the future is to become a professional interpreter as I am currently studying other foreign languages. I find it fascinating to learn about new cultures and how people from different countries interact with each other on a daily basis.

- Another way I can contribute is by being active during the evenings/nights when staff members are mostly offline. I completely understand that most staff members either go rest or spend some time doing things in their private lives by that time, so this is where I feel I can be most efficient. I usually cannot sleep for most of the night, so I mostly spend my time either on the forums or playing on the Becto server.

Have you ever been banned or muted?

To my knowledge, I have never been banned or muted on the Becto server. For confirmation purposes, I recently asked a staff member to check my record for me and he/she said that I have a clean slate.

A little about yourself. (Where are you from, do you study, etc…)

My name is Christoph. You would know me as Chris on the Becto server as it is what I use as my nickname on all game modes. As I mentioned above, I am trilingual. I am fluent in German, French, and English. I am originally from Germany, but I am not completely German. I was born in Frankfurt, Germany, but raised in France where I went to a private Catholic school until I moved to the United States in 2013. My family and I would often travel from our residence in France to the one in Germany for the holidays and for medical check-ups. I currently live in the state of Florida. I am a full time college student at the Hillsborough Community College. I am currently unemployed as I try to mainly focus on getting good grades.

Questions I thought you might ask me with answers ahead of time:

- Since I attended at a religious school, will any religious beliefs or any other kinds of beliefs have to come into question?

Answer: Absolutely not. There is no reason why I should even consider involving my religious beliefs or any other beliefs in any situation. That would display immaturity and unprofessionalism.

- Will I become more active on the forums?

Answer: Definitely. Being on the forums gives me the ability to help other players and give my insight in threads that I feel I can add to. Like I stated above, it has become very addictive and I plan on posting a lot more. I do take quite a lot of time to prepare for each post and make sure that it includes thoughtfullness, good sentence structure, and academic writing.

- Will I become active on the Becto Discord channel?

Answer: Most definitely. I am still trying my best to get around that mindset of secludedness and anxiety, but I can assure that I will be more present on the Discord channel, especially in the support section. If anyone requires my help, do not be afraid to contact me on discord. Send me a private message and we can have a civil conversation about anything you want. If you cannot seem to find me, here is my Discord name: TitanVanguard#6146

- Will being a trilingual affect my grammar/sentence structure?

Answer: Not really, no. People who speak more languages at a young age tend to take more time to formulate a response to a statement or question but I think my English skills are beyond adequate so I do not see a problem there.

- Is translating/interpreting necessary at all on this server?

Answer: I do think so, yes. Yesterday, I posted a reply on a thread where the person requiring assistance spoke German and struggled a lot with English. I proceeded to answer his questions in German, then typed a full translation of what I said in English so others would understand every word I said. To my knowledge, this is an international server. I think I would be a great asset when it comes to this, especially now that I am studying more foreign languages.

- Am I a competitive player?

Answer: Not at all. My kill/death ratio does not matter to me at all. I am more of a casual player that accepts when he is doing good or bad in PvP. That does not stop me from spending my time on the sub-servers that mainly involve PvP.

Thank you so much for taking your time reading this staff application. It really does mean a lot to me, even if I do not get accepted. I hope you have a great rest of your day, and I hope our paths cross along the way! :)

2. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop Well-Known Member

Bloopaloop
    God
    This is hands down the best application I've seen in months. All though I've never spoken to you in game the way you hold yourself on the forums presents an image of maturity and competence. Although you did just join the forums I've seen you very active and I believe you'll keep your word as far as activity goes. I wish you the best of luck and if you keep your word on everything you've stated in your application I believe you'll be an outstanding staff member. It's a +1 from me.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  3. Green_Fred

Green_Fred Well-Known Member

Green_Fred
    Invader
    TitanVanguard is a very kind and respectful individual who is especially active on KitPVP where staff is needed especially, so I give a +1

4. BorderPlayz

BorderPlayz Well-Known Member

bordrr
    God
    +1 this is amazing

5. QuiteShallow

QuiteShallow Admin

QuiteShallow
    Admin
    +1
    Stated by Bloop

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Great Post Great Post x 1
    • List
  6. Jorbar

Jorbar Member

Hansibar
    Veteran
    +1. So honest and mature, I enjoyed reading your application.
    You are active on all servers.
    Has experience.

Overall knows where he is talking about.

Big fat +1

7. Meta Knight

Meta Knight Active Member

Morpho_Knight
    God
    -Active on forums.
    -Active on the servers as I saw you from time to time whenever I check the tab/chat.
    -Active discord(mostly saw you on the support assisting).
    -Active in the forums aswell.
    -And finally a very well constructed application.
    +1

8. TitanVanguard

TitanVanguard
    Veteran
    This post is to cover all of the replies posted previously.

I cannot thank you guys enough for all of the support you are giving me! This means a lot to me.

As to what Bloopaloop mentioned, I understand that activity is very important. I definitely look forward to increasing my activity on the forums and on the Discord channel.

As to what Green_Fred mentioned, I must admit that my activity is not at its peak if you look at the number of kills and deaths I have stacked up until now on KitPvP. One of the main reasons is because I am a trackpad user, so it is usually quite a struggle keeping up with others in a battle. From that, one can conclude that I have quite a bit of afk time there. That is true, but most of that time usually I spend watching the public chat to get to know people from how they interact with each other. I like to observe things from different points of view before I interact with them. I assure you that I will definitely join the fray a lot more, but please also understand that I am definitely not a competitive player.

As to all of the other comments that were posted, I thank you so much for your support! Some of you I may not have talked to, but that does not mean that our paths will not cross in the future where we can have a nice conversation about anything you wish to talk about :)

9. Vindigo

Vindigo Mod

Vindigo
    Mod
    +1 Amazingly formulated application. Not to mention your attitude towards players and staff members has been nothing but respectful and kind. I think you'd make a great fit to the staff team if you continue your efforts to improve your forums and discord activity.

10. Boogie

Boogie Well-Known Member

_Boogie
    God
    +1

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  11. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    Yay no need to say anything but a big +1, one of the best candidates in a LONG time. (No offense to anyone)

12. TitanVanguard

TitanVanguard
    Veteran
    This post is to cover the previous three replies.

I cannot thank you guys enough for all the support and the positive comments!
    I promise to increase my efforts on becomming more active on the forums and on the Discord channel :)

13. 10scorpion19

10scorpion19 Well-Known Member

10scorpion19
    God
    +1
    Holy Crap, this is one of the best applications I have seen in a long time. You have no idea how much applications have annoyed me with their lack of effort. I really hope you join the staff!

14. TitanVanguard

TitanVanguard
    Veteran
    Thank you so much for the compliment! I really appreciate that you liked my application :)

15. Luke!

Luke! Active Member

Lukez
    God
    Ive seen you took, your longest time on this application. Ive seen you on the forums and in game. You seem really mature and helpful. The only problem is that I haven't seen you in the discord yet. I would recommend getting to know the discord and be a little more active on that platform. Like you said in your application, you will get more active on there. So I can't think of any other excuse that your not ready. I will gladly give you a +1. You have dont swell on your application and I hope to see you as a staff member ;-)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  16. kenaki_kun

kenaki_kun Member

Yoshiaki_
    God
    hey, he is a respectful person (from what i can tell from the small pm chat we had the other day). willing to tell people what they need to do better on and how they can do better on it. a +1 from me.

17. bunnaz

bunnaz Well-Known Member

Bunnaz
    God
    Wowie, a long application but a good one. +1

18. TitanVanguard

TitanVanguard
    Veteran
    I agree, I do need to get to know the Discord application more. I assure you that I will definitely increase my presence on the channel. Please also unserstand that my goal as a critic is not to hurt others in any way. It is to analyze and point out errors that they are making to help them become more successful.

Thank you so much for all the positive comments! :)

19. Fgdhsjakskajkdk

TheEmojiKing
    God
    +1 I agree with what was said by Bloop.

20. Crdguy

Crdguy Well-Known Member

Crdguy
    Helper
    Great app, friendly in game and active all around. Easy +1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.