Thoughts on Survival 2.0?

Discussion in 'General' started by shaqs_burritos, Jun 1, 2019.

1. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    Survival has been out for 48 hours, and I was wondering what everyone thinks about the new server! Feel free to post screenshots of cool land formations, your base, or post something that you like/dislike about the server so far.

Shaqs experience:
    I personally love the server, and think it was very much needed for becto. Becto hit 200 players for the first time in a long time, which is a very nice sign. I love the new quests, very fun, and love the opportunity to do something new with the becto community. What are your thoughts about Survival 2.0?

2. BorderPlayz

BorderPlayz Banned

bordrr
    God
    Fun. Never enjoyed survival until now.

3. Peepsibabe

Peepsibabe Builder

Peepsibabe
    Builder
    I mean, the spawn pretty cool ;-)

4. AllyZally

AllyZally Admin

AllyZally
    Admin
    Its enjoyable. Even with the bugs. We're working through them.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  5. MVKay52

MVKay52 Well-Known Member

ImMk
    Veteran
    We hit 250 players today.

Believe it or not I was here when the server was at 1000 players.

I love to see the server hitting higher player counts again and I love the new survival.

I’ve spent 40 bucks on it already.

:/ for my checking account but :-D for the player count from me.

6. Peepsibabe

Peepsibabe Builder

Peepsibabe
    Builder
    Those 1000 players were mainly bots... but I agree, its good to see 250 players on. Shows that becto isnt entirely dead

7. Lucas S.

Lucas S. Well-Known Member

schottler3
    Veteran
    Actively playing now. Will continue. Good experience so far. Good fun. Interesting. Recommend 10/10

8. Ralph12322

Ralph12322 Well-Known Member

Ralph12322
    God
    I really like the new survival server and I CAN NOT wait for the new dungeons levels :-P
    but there is this ONE thing Im having problems with :grin: ... the donator farm with the attacking mobs ._.

but that will be over when I have my own mob farm

Im currently planning on building a cactus farm somewhere. (I don't know if thats the farm I should make so let me know)
    and playing the new survival map with a good old friend. (thought he was dead)
    and many other friends from factions.

Its nice to see others are enjoying the new survival map aswell!

9. guthixUll

guthixUll Well-Known Member

Lord_Guthix
    God
    Lovely update, working on lag which is great. but for the love of god PLEASE MAKE HOPPERS CRAFTABLE...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. Marvelous

Marvelous Guest

Laggy, impossible to play on survival right now.

11. Makeb

Makeb Well-Known Member

Makeb
    God
    Too much lag due to that plugin issue.

I haven't start building anything yet. Don't want to deal with block lag. Otherwise, it's pretty fun. I've been leveling my mcmmo levels.

12. BorderPlayz

BorderPlayz Banned

bordrr
    God
    Had good potential. I hate it now because of the lag and amount of bugs happening. Reminds of factions and should've actually had time put into it. (just saying lol)

13. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop Well-Known Member

Bloopaloop
    God
    It's followed in previous server updates footsteps didn't fail to meet my expectations. It does however make you want to sit there and think about how it took 2 years for this.

14. GingieMC

GingieMC Active Member

I think survival quests should have scoreboards for active quests with their objectives too. maybe even a particle trail to tell players where the next quest npc is or their objective location. I get lost easily with ./warps and bits and bobs like that, yknow? Other than that, it's absolutely stunning, great job builders! I wish one day I may even join your ranks.

15. Liquidscriptz

Liquidscriptz Member

liquidscriptz
    Veteran
    Its alright, spawn looks cool. I prefer skyblock or prison though. Had to log though to try it out since the reboot though.

16. AllyZally

AllyZally Admin

AllyZally
    Admin
    Even with the excessive lag, I've managed to build and creation a good foundation. Though now I'm just holding off until its completed. I finished all of the quests (that was fairly enjoyable) and have made multiple grinders. It's such a fun, new twist to see the updates honestly. I didn't let lag stop me from exploring though. I can't keep up with all of my /homes ]: ..

Hope to see that lag gone and finito here soon!
    I havent really encountered any game breaking bugs, like what Bordr is trying to say.
    But then again, I dunno, I just had a really pleasant experience with survival.

17. BorderPlayz

BorderPlayz Banned

bordrr
    God
    It also makes you wonder how none of these issues occurred/were found in the beta...

18. AllyZally

AllyZally Admin

AllyZally
    Admin
    To be fair, I'm not sure what issues you're talking about other than the sponge plugin. The sponge plugin didn't really have many flaws at first, and as for the gamebreaking lag, it didn't happen in beta. Bas would of seen and gotten it fixed if not.

There were a few things that Bas forgot to patch before releasing the Beta to the public, but that's understandable when you have so many things to fix as he did. Bug fixes can be over looked, but they'll be fixed once we can get around to it. I do apologize about these issues you're encountering.

19. Vindigo

Vindigo Well-Known Member

Vindigo
    God
    I really like survival. Skyblock has always been my main but it has gotten boring so I didn't play Becto all that much. The cool changes to survival really brought me back to the community.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  20. GingieMC

GingieMC Active Member

Dang son, you've completed all the quests this early? Oh snap. There should be a mini game to see who can finish quests the quickest.