Swimoma

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Sonoma, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Sonoma

Sonoma Well-Known Member

Swimoma
    God
    How long have I been playing becto?
    I have been playing Becto since November of 2018 so over a year now. Been pretty active for most of it on all platforms.

Screenshot of level
    https://gyazo.com/4ab4879aed074aaf586550cb64ed478f

How often are you online for?
    I can be on every single day for 3+ hours at a time. On a weekend I can probably put in 6 hours a day and over the summer I can do 8+ per day. I do work but most of my work/hobby involves idling and on my computer so I just hover around on mc and such while so, and I normally choose to dedicate that time to becto.
    What Game modes am I most active on?
    I am most active on KitPvP and Prison, which is a good thing because staff is needed a bit more on the hostile servers and that is what I am good at and spend most my time on, although I am experienced in all the other game modes and spent a significant amount of time on those. I will give love equally to each server and put effort into staffing each of them.
    Why am I right for the job?
    I think by now my biggest strength and why I'm right for the job is my dedication. I have dedicated so much time and effort into becto, this is my 4th application. I have a good mentality, I don't quit things, I dedicate myself to something and don't stop. I feel like this is a huge benefit to have on the staff team because I can translate this attitude towards problems/issues on the server and get them fixed at all costs.
    Activity, although recently I have been lacking in activity, I have a reason for it, I ended up posting some things I am not proud of. These things bashed Becto in a way, and I apologized for my actions. I realized that I had a problem then, it was not just becto, it was real life, I was toxic and a jerk and I had to fix that. Over the past few months I worked with my parents and went to see a therapist because my sister was already seeing one and I worked out everything. During this mental break, I grew a lot as a person and in my opinion become better. Before this break I was extremely active on all platforms and I am now also.
    Another key strength I have is knowledge, I have taken time to learn everything becto is about, all the rules, everything. As a new player I was constantly asking questions to staff and getting information, so if a new player has questions, I can definitely answer it and help their situation in a good way because I was once in their position. I know all the punishment lengths for different instances. I can also record everything I do on the server if needed to be used later or if evidence is required.
    Accessibility, I am available to talk or get on at any time of day. I am up at 6 am and I am a night owl so I am up to 2-3 every night. All that is needed is a simple discord message and I am there, fast response time. I can dedicate a lot of myself to the server, I am good at managing my schedule.
    Another thing that should be considered is my skills in catching cheaters, I have a lot of knowledge when it comes to cheats such as ghost clients and injects. I know what to look for when spectating a player and can know instantly if someone is reaching or anything. I have spent time as staff on competitive pvp servers where I was needed to screen share and deal with cheaters and from that I gained so much experience I am practically a expert at catching cheaters. I also spend a ton of time in kitpvp so that helped my knowledge.
    Experience, although I do have experience, it is probably not the best experience, although I have had some good ones, as I tried to add as a positive 2 applications ago, I was staff on a server called VenomPvP, which i gained a lot of experience from, but the staff team was very disorganized and I wouldn't even count this is as experience. If anything it showed me how toxic and unqualified I was at the time for staff, and up until my last application, I was still extremely toxic, I made it a goal of mine to cool off, and become a better, more tolerable person, which I believe I have improved drastically since my last application through my efforts and professional help.
    Trustworthy, you can trust me. I would never abuse, this is my fourth application, why would I try this hard to get accepted just to abuse and get demoted?
    Being equal to everybody means everything. I do not be rude to people because of their race,type of person they are, or religion. I have all sorts of friends and treat everybody the way I want to be treated. Being equal makes everybody have fun and want to come back. It also makes them feel like they belong in the community.
    I am also looking for another past time and I can give a ton of time to becto, as it is the only minecraft server I play at the moment.
    I will always be there when you need me, despite the result of this application.
    Have you ever been banned or muted?
    10/12/18 - I was muted for trolling staff by asking if "ping spoofing" was allowed which obviously I know isn't allowed and I knew what the answer would be, just watched a Skeppy video and was in a trolly mood, I even made a ticket apologizing for my actions, I regret doing it and understood almost immediately I was in the wrong and shouldn't have done it, I took the 24 hour mute, and learned my lesson.
    6/29/19 - This happened, it was recent, and I can't live with myself for it, I appealed it to say I am sorry. I used an AFK Macro around my Skyblock farm so I wouldn't be kicked, but I eventually was sent to Hub, and from there I was reported and temp-banned. But nothing like that would ever happen from me again.
    I know this has a big chance of effecting my application, but anyone who really knows me knows I am not a cheater, I am a legit player and this was a one time occurrence. I am a good person I promise.
    There were 1 or 2 other console bans which were proven to be false and I was unbanned immediately.
    I have made some poor decisions, but who hasn't? I learn from my mistakes.
    I was given a 3 day mute back in August. I regret what I did and if I could take it back I would. I was muted for nicking myself to iBass and saying "Hey guys, get ready for the *totally* real kitpvp reset!".
    There weren't many players on and I was messing around with my friends on KitPvP and thought it would be funny to say this without thinking about the consequences. I know understand that a newer player could have possibly mistaken me for staff, and I am sorry for doing this.
    But it has been a solid 6 months without a restriction lol.
    A little about myself?
    I am 16 years old from New Jersey, USA. I was born in Moscow, Russia therefor my first language is Russian but I am also fluent in English now. I love traveling and I am a varsity swimmer for my school team and swim competitively for club teams. I hope to go to college in a warm climate for business. I have two dogs, both german shepherds and they are both super cute.

Thanks for reading.
    This is my fourth application and I am still open to any criticism and will take it and apply it to myself, I appreciate all the support I got on my last application, but also, I took more from the criticism, it let me know there were still things I needed to work on. I keep trying because I acknowledge that failure is not a bad thing, you miss 100% of the shots you don't take, when you fail, you learn and you develop and keep trying.

• Great Post Great Post x 1
    • List
  2. Peep

Peep Builder

Peepsibabe
    Builder
    :grin:

So, if you read the staff application requirements, you would've noticed that it says after your third attempt, you have to wait 6 months to reapply. You claim this is your 4th, and its been just under 5 months since your last application. Yeah.
    Anyways, a lot of us have the impression that you are really immature and toxic, and we still do. You did nothing to clean up your act except for to leave the server for a while. You haven't really shown that you have changed. You say a bunch of things that imply that you have changed, but from your past actions, I don't know if I believe that. I think coming back after a pretty long break and applying right away is a horrible move. Like I said, you should come back and show players that you've changed instead of coming back after having a hostile attitude and then claiming you changed. You say you're sorry, but I'd like you to prove that you are.
    Your application; it's definitely getting better, but I still have a bit to say about it. You missed some important details and some of it makes me really confused. You say "although I do have experience, it is probably not the best experience, although I have had some good ones, as I tried to add as a positive 2 applications ago, I was staff on a server called VenomPvP, which i gained a lot of experience from, but the staff team was very disorganized and I wouldn't even count this is as experience". You say you have experience, but its not the best experience, and then you say you wouldn't even count it as experience. Then you don't mention any of experience, so that means your "I do have experience" statement is invalid. But if you did learn anything from being staff on this server, why don't you say it? Also in your application you say that you have a lot of dedication and put effort into Becto. Nothing shows dedication more than leaving for a few months. Also the fact that you said "lol" unironically in an application is... -_-
    You might get staff idk, I don't think you should but it doesn't really matter to me. The bias part of staff management is gone and I don't they really care anymore, so we'll see. Good luck.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Juleah

Juleah Well-Known Member

xJuleah
    God
    I suggest changing your "I cans" to "I wills" if this gets denied. Application is fine, just doesn't stand out to me, and I'm not going to repeat what Peep said.
    Neutral

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  4. TheDragonKillerz

TheDragonKillerz Well-Known Member

Pluji
    Veteran
    Never seen you stand out on the server, never seen you join KitPvP, which is one of your frequent servers, or Factions.

Last seen on Prison 1d 16h and 14 minutes ago as of writing this sentence. Seems like your activity isn't as much as you state.

Your history with your punishments seem very immature, especially for a 16 year old.

I think you need more time to reflect on your mistakes and prove that you have moved on past the "trolly"

As for your experience, its just complete run-on and just doesn't make any sense. It's unclear if yourself even knows if you have experience or not.

I'm going to go with a -1

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Toothy

Toothy Well-Known Member

Toothless16_
    Veteran
    Well... I saw this application before people start commenting but didn't want to answer til I see some others, peeps as usual mentioned almost everything. But I still wanna talk about something, the fact that u leave for months everytime and then join back to apply again without showing any changes is the problem. You disappeared for a while from discord, the server and the forums then came back to post an intro and in less than 24 u posted a staff application. You saying that u will be able to join at least 3 hours a day but if we check the last comment in this post, you were offline for almost 2 days and didn't see you posting anything here or answering the msgs, or even on discord. Your activity seems to be not the best, if u willing to be active only if u got staff place, that's something else. Which is also not good cause in the time u disappeared, many things changed around and am pretty sure u don't even know about them.
    You made a good application, I like ur will to help even not in the right way.. uuh. But good luck with that. I'll go for : neutral.
    I may change it if I see some improvements in ur activity

• List
  6. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    +1 good guy, could stand for some more staff

• List
  7. hackerboy123

hackerboy123 Well-Known Member

Hackerman12301
    Invader
    I haven’t seen you around when I was still playing at all, I never seen you in kitpvp or prison, and you need to be on other servers to and see how it works and you will be able to give information to others if asked about something. And dont call your self a expert at catching hackers because no one is a expert. Another thing, your activity is probably from afking and I don’t think it’s good enough for being staff anyway. And this may be your fourth application and you Dont give up and such but you have to at least look at staff applications that were accepted and get ideas from them. I’m not stoping you from applying for staff and we do need staff right now but go over your application and get the requirements needed for being a staff. I’m sorry but I’m going to give this a -1

• List
  8. hackerboy123

hackerboy123 Well-Known Member

Hackerman12301
    Invader
    “And you need to be on other gamemodes*”

• List
  9. Obi-Wan

Obi-Wan Well-Known Member

Oh this is funny need to send it to pewds for meme review

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Peep

Peep Builder

Peepsibabe
    Builder
    Was not a reference to you btw

• List
  11. Obi-Wan

Obi-Wan Well-Known Member

must be the other management that left. . .

• List
  12. Peep

Peep Builder

Peepsibabe
    Builder
    Correct

• List
  13. Juleah

Juleah Well-Known Member

xJuleah