For the past few months we have been experiencing a lot of issues on the Survival server. Behind the scenes we have been working hard on resolving them and figuring out what the best solution would be. Today we are announcing some big changes!
Since the beginning of the new update, we have been experiencing ongoing problems with our BlockProtect plugin. After countless times of trying to resolve the present issues, we still kept running into issues. This is why we have made the following decision: we are going to launch a second Survival server that will be running the popular GriefPrevention plugin instead of BlockProtect. The current survival server would still be running and be renamed to: "Legacy Survival".
The new Survival server will be released on monday July 6th
This means that you will see numerous changes:
- The new survival server will not be running our BlockProtect plugin. Instead we will be using the popular GriefPrevention plugin.
- Your Player Vaults will be linked between the two servers. This means that you will be able to transfer items. You can do this by putting your items in /pv on one server and taking them out again on the other server. This will work both ways.
- If you have spawners you want to transfer from the Legacy Survival, you can mine them by using any diamond pickaxe (Yes this is already possible from the moment you read this post to allow you to get ready for the release).You will not be able to do this on the new survival server, you need to use the spawner pickaxe there.
- The following will not be transferred over:
- In-game money
- Experience levels
- Enchanting tokens
- mcMMO levels
- Enderchest contents
- You will still be able to play on the Legacy Survival, but we will not be updating this server anymore. All of the new updates will be released on the new Survival server.
- On the new Survival server we have added Sellwands. You can put items you want to sell in a chest and use the sellwand (right click) to sell the items instantly.
With this update, we have released some new perks for the ULTRA rank! This will include the following on the new Survival server:
- Creative mode with limitations:
- You can build using basic building blocks
- You can not transfer items out of your creative inventory
- Your Survival and Creative inventories are split
- Blocks placed in creative will not drop if you mine them
- You can not open shops/run certain commands if you are in creative mode
- /god command. This will be disabled in PvP combat.
- A kit for ultra (/kit). This kit will include a sellwand with limited uses
- You will get one extra Player Vault, right now this means three Player Vaults in total.
All purchases that will be made from the moment the new server goes live, will be made for the new server. You will NOT be able to make any purchases for the Legacy Survival, this will automatically go to the new server.
We are hoping that this will resolve the issues that we have been experiencing for the last couple of months. Both Legacy Survival and the new one will stay online for you to play on, we hope you will give the new server a try and let us know what you think of it!
In other news, keep an eye out for a news post in the next few days. We will giving you some insight on future scheduled updates and releases to keep you up-to-date of what is going on behind the scenes and when we plan to update which servers.