• IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
  • Skyblock Suggestion to the future Skyblock reset.

Preox1000

Reactions
    I have been thinking a lot recently regarding the announced Skyblock reset (after Factions and Prison) and I have a few ideas I'd like to share with everyone to see what everyone think about it.

* One
    thing I would like to new Skyblock would be an addition of some new bosses; currently it is very bland for end-game players on Skyblock as the boss rewards isn't that great anymore and you in general don't have much to do. So a few more (if only one more) bosses of different difficulties would be nice to spice up the end-game more.

* Another thing I've thought about that I got from the release of the new Survival server is the "legacy" system. I personally like the idea of a Legacy Skyblock along with a new one, this is for multiple reasons but the biggest reason is probably the amount of time spent to build on Skyblock; would be nice to have a way to still play or build on ones old builds.

* With a Legacy Skyblock (if above suggestion is happening) I would personally like a way to transfer a few items. I know that if we get to transfer how many items we want it'll ruin the new server a bit, but I'd suggest an option to transfer a total of 9 slots of items to a new Skyblock. This is because it'd be a bit more appreciative towards the players who spent money to buy different items in game. (I know for once that there are several people who bought stuff recently (before the announcement of resets) because of sales and even though I'm not one of them I feel it is unfair towards them as well since they didn't know about the resets at the time and will thus risk losing the items they bought).

* One thing I did like with one of the older Skyblock versions was the dungeons, or whatever they are called. The sort of "minigame" where one or more players enter a sort of arena, get to choose "classes" and battle monster waves. At the end one recieved rewards such as a few diamonds, some bottle of enchanting or similar things.

* I also saw in chat someone talking about having an End portal to Skyblock and I personally also like the idea of that, no specific reason really but I find the thought nice.

* Now I don't know if this exists for the planned version of Skyblock but the jobs plugin, where one can for example mine, cut wood, kill mobs, fish, etc and gain a bit of money from that as well. Also another thing that has no real reason but I find it give a little bit of a better experience.

* (added suggestion) Another thing that might change up the game a bit would be to only be able to sell things in /shop, with that said what I mean is that buying blocks should not be possible. This will force people to play more actively and grind for the blocks they want. It will change how skyblock is played from /shop to get everything to instead grinding for the blocks like Skyblock is originally meant to do.

This is everything I could think of at the moment, if anyone who reads this has any other ideas, please feel free to write below and discuss the pros and cons of the ideas.

Thank you for reading this far //Weaviedee!

Last edited:

Skatthom

I have been thinking a lot recently regarding the announced Skyblock reset (after Factions and Prison) and I have a few ideas I'd like to share with everyone to see what everyone think about it.

* One
    thing I would like to new Skyblock would be an addition of some new bosses; currently it is very bland for end-game players on Skyblock as the boss rewards isn't that great anymore and you in general don't have much to do. So a few more (if only one more) bosses of different difficulties would be nice to spice up the end-game more.

* Another thing I've thought about that I got from the release of the new Survival server is the "legacy" system. I personally like the idea of a Legacy Skyblock along with a new one, this is for multiple reasons but the biggest reason is probably the amount of time spent to build on Skyblock; would be nice to have a way to still play or build on ones old builds.

* With a Legacy Skyblock (if above suggestion is happening) I would personally like a way to transfer a few items. I know that if we get to transfer how many items we want it'll ruin the new server a bit, but I'd suggest an option to transfer a total of 9 slots of items to a new Skyblock. This is because it'd be a bit more appreciative towards the players who spent money to buy different items in game. (I know for once that there are several people who bought stuff recently (before the announcement of resets) because of sales and even though I'm not one of them I feel it is unfair towards them as well since they didn't know about the resets at the time and will thus risk losing the items they bought).

* One thing I did like with one of the older Skyblock versions was the dungeons, or whatever they are called. The sort of "minigame" where one or more players enter a sort of arena, get to choose "classes" and battle monster waves. At the end one recieved rewards such as a few diamonds, some bottle of enchanting or similar things.

* I also saw in chat someone talking about having an End portal to Skyblock and I personally also like the idea of that, no specific reason really but I find the thought nice.

* Now I don't know if this exists for the planned version of Skyblock but the jobs plugin, where one can for example mine, cut wood, kill mobs, fish, etc and gain a bit of money from that as well. Also another thing that has no real reason but I find it give a little bit of a better experience.

This is everything I could think of at the moment, if anyone who reads this has any other ideas, please feel free to write below and discuss the pros and cons of the ideas.

Thank you for reading this far //Weaviedee!
    I've talking with lots of people on the skyblock server and outside and lots of people were telling me that a legacy server such as survival would be a great solution in order to keep good memories and to fulfill our builds ! looking forward too see this !

The idea about the monster waves I really do like ! this would add lots of new possibilities and fun into it !

about the jobs I do not have much experiences on the server but sounds pretty good.

Preox1000

Reactions
    I've talking with lots of people on the skyblock server and outside and lots of people were telling me that a legacy server such as survival would be a great solution in order to keep good memories and to fulfill our builds ! looking forward too see this !

The idea about the monster waves I really do like ! this would add lots of new possibilities and fun into it !

about the jobs I do not have much experiences on the server but sounds pretty good.
    The jobs plugin I believe was in an early version of Skyblock if I'm not mistaken, after all it's been like five years since I started so might have gotten it a bit wrong. The plugin itself is on several other servers I've played on though and I like the idea of doing something to get money instead of just having afk shops. I myself got a bit bored of just afking and get 500+ thousand per day, even close to a milion per day sometimes.

The main idea of the job plugin is essentially this;
    There are several types of jobs, I believe Mining, Woodcutting, Fishing, Farming and Hunter (kill mobs) (might have missed some). In respective job there are levels, higher level job equals higher pay. The jobs are pretty self-explainatory, in mining you mine to get money, ores give more than stone or cobble for example. In fishing it would depend on which type of fish you got, in farming which type of crop. You see the pattern. The jobs themselves isn't too rewarding but it is a nice addition to make the gameplay more varied.

Skatthom

The jobs plugin I believe was in an early version of Skyblock if I'm not mistaken, after all it's been like five years since I started so might have gotten it a bit wrong. The plugin itself is on several other servers I've played on though and I like the idea of doing something to get money instead of just having afk shops. I myself got a bit bored of just afking and get 500+ thousand per day, even close to a milion per day sometimes.

The main idea of the job plugin is essentially this;
    There are several types of jobs, I believe Mining, Woodcutting, Fishing, Farming and Hunter (kill mobs) (might have missed some). In respective job there are levels, higher level job equals higher pay. The jobs are pretty self-explainatory, in mining you mine to get money, ores give more than stone or cobble for example. In fishing it would depend on which type of fish you got, in farming which type of crop. You see the pattern. The jobs themselves isn't too rewarding but it is a nice addition to make the gameplay more varied.
    Ah I see thanks for the information :D

7fishy7

Reactions
    I mean this kinda just lists everything in my thread over again, but anyways. Transferring items should not be allowed. Unless its player heads. This is cause og players who quit cant be gotten again. 9 slots is still broken. For me my 9 slots would easily be my eff 50, max axe, full god set, 25 igs, and 22 slime. And I still have a leftover slot. So hard no on that.

The mob arena, is the name of it. It was taken out and disabled due to, too many bugs and not working properly. The rewards were also very trash and not worth the time in there. So I'm not wanting to see it make a comeback, instead I'd rather the time be focused on the new boss.

The end realm is fine I guess. Altho it could leave potential to be broken. As it would probably be equal to the nether with the fact spawners reset. meaning an island can have 60 spawners. To prove what I'm saying. 20 igs in the end, 20 blaze in the nether, and 20 slime in the main world. Pretty broken.

Jobs plugin was also removed from last time skyblock reset, the money was capped out so you couldn't make a lot from it, and also was kinda not worth having in my opinion.

Only sell things in /shop. Probably one of the more unrealistic and fastest ways to kill a server I think I've heard. Nobody will want to grind just to get some prism or stone. Along with that, what would be the point of /shop then. What would be the point in even playing skyblock if everytime I want to build something I have to spend hours upon hours getting the blocks. It entirely kills skyblock and the fact its meant for building, and farms. It would be like playing survival, in adventure mode the entire time. Nobody wants to do that. Huge no from me.

Preox1000

Reactions
    I mean this kinda just lists everything in my thread over again, but anyways. Transferring items should not be allowed. Unless its player heads. This is cause og players who quit cant be gotten again. 9 slots is still broken. For me my 9 slots would easily be my eff 50, max axe, full god set, 25 igs, and 22 slime. And I still have a leftover slot. So hard no on that.

The mob arena, is the name of it. It was taken out and disabled due to, too many bugs and not working properly. The rewards were also very trash and not worth the time in there. So I'm not wanting to see it make a comeback, instead I'd rather the time be focused on the new boss.

The end realm is fine I guess. Altho it could leave potential to be broken. As it would probably be equal to the nether with the fact spawners reset. meaning an island can have 60 spawners. To prove what I'm saying. 20 igs in the end, 20 blaze in the nether, and 20 slime in the main world. Pretty broken.

Jobs plugin was also removed from last time skyblock reset, the money was capped out so you couldn't make a lot from it, and also was kinda not worth having in my opinion.

Only sell things in /shop. Probably one of the more unrealistic and fastest ways to kill a server I think I've heard. Nobody will want to grind just to get some prism or stone. Along with that, what would be the point of /shop then. What would be the point in even playing skyblock if everytime I want to build something I have to spend hours upon hours getting the blocks. It entirely kills skyblock and the fact its meant for building, and farms. It would be like playing survival, in adventure mode the entire time. Nobody wants to do that. Huge no from me.
    I'm sorry but I can't stop laughing over what you said. That grinding kills skyblock. It is kind of contradictory in my opinion since Skyblock is a mode made for grinding. It should be difficult to get blocks and it should take time, that's the original concept of skyblock. Skyblock isn't creative, it isn't originally meant to build skyscrapers or other huge monuments, it's meant to be a grindy mode. I do see your other points though, the jobs plugin wasn't meant as a main way of getting money, it would just make the game a little bit more, enjoyable. To get small rewards when you play.

Same with the mob arena, although it might not give amazing end game high tier rewards it is not the entire purpose of it. Personally I merely enjoyed it, to fight vs a hord of mobs. It made the game a bit more fun to play even though it isn't extremely rewarding. However although I do enjoy it I also agree that if it's a choice between a new boss or two, or the mob arena I'd rather have new bosses.

Regarding the spawner cap getting to 60 with an end realm, easily solved. Disable spawner placing in end. Done. I was more thinking that it would be fun to have something new other than the basic old Overworld and Nether.

Thank you for your input though. And sorry if I came off as disrespectful at the beginning. I just think it's funny how grinding is the thing you complained about there.

7fishy7

Reactions
    I'm sorry but I can't stop laughing over what you said. That grinding kills skyblock. It is kind of contradictory in my opinion since Skyblock is a mode made for grinding. It should be difficult to get blocks and it should take time, that's the original concept of skyblock. Skyblock isn't creative, it isn't originally meant to build skyscrapers or other huge monuments, it's meant to be a grindy mode. I do see your other points though, the jobs plugin wasn't meant as a main way of getting money, it would just make the game a little bit more, enjoyable. To get small rewards when you play.

Same with the mob arena, although it might not give amazing end game high tier rewards it is not the entire purpose of it. Personally I merely enjoyed it, to fight vs a hord of mobs. It made the game a bit more fun to play even though it isn't extremely rewarding. However although I do enjoy it I also agree that if it's a choice between a new boss or two, or the mob arena I'd rather have new bosses.

Regarding the spawner cap getting to 60 with an end realm, easily solved. Disable spawner placing in end. Done. I was more thinking that it would be fun to have something new other than the basic old Overworld and Nether.

Thank you for your input though. And sorry if I came off as disrespectful at the beginning. I just think it's funny how grinding is the thing you complained about there.
    Again nobody is gonna grind for blocks and skyblock is a "grindy" game mode lmao. Some people just make it that way. Skyblock at the core is to build and expand your island. Eco based game mode. Not grind. Prison is a grindy game mode. Still not skyblock. Buying blocks makes it so people can build. Its funny how you think that its meant to just grind pointlessly. Grindy game modes die fast. Look at prison and how boring it got for 99% of the player base. And how new people never stayed.

What you said about the end realm makes it pointless then. If its just to build in. Also completely counters your first point of grinding for blocks and how skyblock isn't meant to just build.

Onto the mob arena and jobs, you are looking at adding pointless things that you want. They removed those things due to people not using them or wanting them around. Therefore unless there is an overwhelming amount of people who want it back, I don't think they will comeback. Not to mention mob arena was beyond buggy and never worked.

Also to talk about your disrespect, I didn't complain about grinding, I said nobody will do it. Nobody will want to. People like to build on skyblock, and come there to get away from the constant grind the other game modes have. Furthermore I'm looking at it from the standpoint if I was a new player, no way are they staying once they see you have to grind (however that may be) to get a block they want. You didn't detail how it works or anything. So it could mean to get 1 block or prism you have to play 20 hours. Not worth it at all. Grinding for blocks is pointless and just dumb all together. I hope they don't add that cause skyblock will stay at a max of 4 players like it is now then. -1. I'll always stand at a -1 for all those suggestions I listed. They are either pointless or will kill the game mode.

-Dante

esh

Also PLEASE add a health indicator for the dungeon boss, it sucks when you have to sit and grind the boss and have no idea what health its at. It makes people lose motivation to beat it.

Preox1000

Reactions
    Also PLEASE add a health indicator for the dungeon boss, it sucks when you have to sit and grind the boss and have no idea what health its at. It makes people lose motivation to beat it.
    As far as I know, health indicator mods are allowed. Many people use it for the bosses. Besides, they don't take long to kill so you don't really need a lot of motivation for it. But I do agree, a built in HP indicator for the boss would be nice.

JustThibo

Reactions
    Yes, please!

JustThibo

Reactions
    I think the problem with the reset is that it has been a long time before there has been a previous reset. Because it was so long ago, many people invested time and money. Almost the same story of survival. With factions it is perfectly normal for a reset every 5-7 months. People also know this. And yes, it's normal for there to be a skyblock reset after all these years. And yes, people who have put money into it may or may not have an advantage if you could tranf items to the new skyblock. But isn't that right? You put money in it anyway. That is why I think you deserve to bring items to the new skyblock (if this also comes in as the survival server). I just hope that the staff members come to a decision quickly so that all these topics about the skyblock reset are resolved quickly.

Claire

Helper
    cwaire
    cwaire
    HELPER
    Reactions
    i don't like the idea of being able to transfer items over. i think a legacy skyblock would be good enough and people would be happy enough with that option

Preox1000

Reactions
    i don't like the idea of being able to transfer items over. i think a legacy skyblock would be good enough and people would be happy enough with that option
    Considering that many people don't seem to like the idea of brining items over I do agree that a legacy skyblock might be enough. Although I personally agree a bit more with JustThibo above regarding the fact that people put in money and would be ahead either way. I for one doesn't see a big difference unless you remove the iron golem spawners and slime spawners completely as those two are the two spawners that make the largest difference in the playerbase. Someone will always be ahead because they spent money to buy them. The question is just WHO will be ahead.

7fishy7

Reactions
    Considering that many people don't seem to like the idea of brining items over I do agree that a legacy skyblock might be enough. Although I personally agree a bit more with JustThibo above regarding the fact that people put in money and would be ahead either way. I for one doesn't see a big difference unless you remove the iron golem spawners and slime spawners completely as those two are the two spawners that make the largest difference in the playerbase. Someone will always be ahead because they spent money to buy them. The question is just WHO will be ahead.
    You dont need igs to he ahead. That is completely false. Harpsiacord. No igs until she hit 100mil. Then got her first. Kilntan96. Never igs or slime, has 150mil. I didnt have igs and earned them in game, using pumpkin farms and other methods. While yes they are a boost. Sitting here and saying it's the only way to get ahead. Is just wrong.

On top of that you seem to be only thinking about bringing items over for money spent things. Which is just a hard no. The reason behind this is probably cause you just want to bring over your igs yourself. It's not a reset then. Nor fun if the same players who control sb, being sneak, me, and kyle. With the iron farm market. Dominate it again. It gives nobody a chance to even compete for the market of iron or slime.

Legacy skyblock. Bring another over with the exception of player heads. Player heads hold no value other than memories to players.

Preox1000

Reactions
    You dont need igs to he ahead. That is completely false. Harpsiacord. No igs until she hit 100mil. Then got her first. Kilntan96. Never igs or slime, has 150mil. I didnt have igs and earned them in game, using pumpkin farms and other methods. While yes they are a boost. Sitting here and saying it's the only way to get ahead. Is just wrong.

On top of that you seem to be only thinking about bringing items over for money spent things. Which is just a hard no. The reason behind this is probably cause you just want to bring over your igs yourself. It's not a reset then. Nor fun if the same players who control sb, being sneak, me, and kyle. With the iron farm market. Dominate it again. It gives nobody a chance to even compete for the market of iron or slime.

Legacy skyblock. Bring another over with the exception of player heads. Player heads hold no value other than memories to players.
    You seem to have not read what I said considering you claim I said it's the ONLY way to be ahead. All I said is that they are the largest difference making blocks since Iron Golem Spawners and Slime Spawnes immedietly increases one's wealth. And to tell you the truth, I havn't spent anything for my 5 spawners and the sixth one isn't mine either. That one I bought for a friend who stopped playing. Now I'm just borrowing it until she wants it back.

I never suggested it because of myself, sure it would benefit me to a certain extent but I was more thinking of the people who bought Iron Golem Spawners (Skatt got two I think) a mere week or two before the announcement about the resets. Is it fair that they spent thinking that they could finally use them and instantly get thrown into a reset? Not really no.

My point is that no matter who is ahead someone will spend money to get ahead. The only thing that will change with not bringing over items is WHO is ahead. Because ultimately, there will always be Pay2win players. You seem to have disregarded almost half of everything I said but we don't have to discuss this particular one anymore since we obviously have a different opinion on it and none of us will change our mind.

Hope you had a nice day though Dante. No offense meant in any way, just my thoughts on the subject.

Claire

Helper
    cwaire
    cwaire
    HELPER
    Reactions
    if items are able to be brought over, it should only be player heads. i can understand the memories with player heads and i doubt the people asking to bring them over would be selling them. no items at all, a legacy skyblock if anything

MildSawss

Manager
    Reactions
    Awesome, thanks for this list. Closer to the time of when we plan on doing something new with Skyblock is when we will revisit all of our player suggestions and see which ones we can implement.

Cibr

Reactions
    Nah I think just resetting completely is the best option - no transferring items
    I lost a lot of stuff and a lot of it I purchased with real money on KitPvP and then it reset - no transferring or benefiting off playing the last map. Worked out fine. Allowing people to bring stuff from last map would give them too much of an advantage over new players

Skatthom

Nah I think just resetting completely is the best option - no transferring items
    I lost a lot of stuff and a lot of it I purchased with real money on KitPvP and then it reset - no transferring or benefiting off playing the last map. Worked out fine. Allowing people to bring stuff from last map would give them too much of an advantage over new players
    Yea but then instead of transfering we could have a legacy server like survival, in order to continue for people to build or to keep the fun time that we used to have on the is

liz0

Reactions

ok but things people payed for during the most recent sale should be allowed to be brought over... because if not, everyone just wasted their money lmao