Staff

Discussion in 'Declined suggestions' started by 4zw, Jun 19, 2019.

?

Do you think there should be more staff?

1. Yes

76.9%
  2. No

23.1%
  1. 4zw

4zw Member

Rektah
    Raider
    There's often 350 players on becto nowadays so I ask

2. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop Well-Known Member

Bloopaloop
    God
    Yeah 350 "players", either way staff will get selected the same way they always do. It's pointless to try and rush it.

3. 4zw

4zw Member

Rektah
    Raider
    I'm just seeing what the community thinks
    I just thinks its kinda weird when there's 400 people online and 1 staff member and its a helper

4. QuiteShallow

QuiteShallow Admin

QuiteShallow
    Admin
    There are always going to be threads like this going around in the community and that's fine in my opinion, I would even go ahead and say yes we do need more staff. The issue is where are we going to find these staff members, the applications we receive are mostly denied due to them not following the basic format or the applicant having a ridiculously bad past or not enough playtime / experience with the server.

On another note I have come back after quite a long hiatus due to me moving, you should see alot more of me around Becto.

5. Ralph12322

Ralph12322 Well-Known Member

Ralph12322
    God
    ofcoure there should be more staff, but that doesn't people who try to apply for staff should be accepted way easier because becto needs staff
    Becto needs good staff not a crappy staff team of randoms.

as QuiteShallow already said: where do you find these good staff members.
    its not like they deny everyone they dont like,
    they deny because there is something wrong with the application which could be anything.
    they just want the best people :^)

6. Mildsawss

Mildsawss Admin

MildSawss
    Admin
    Trust me. We all want more staff. But how do you find a good apple with the 70000 bad apples I recieve with these applications? :-(

7. MVKay52

MVKay52 Well-Known Member

ImMk
    Veteran
    What about requiring an applicant to be on the server for a certain amount of time before being able to apply?

8. Dartino15

Dartino15 Well-Known Member

Dartino19
    God
    Isn't that what everyone is already looking at? (1 week+ of playtime being recommended before applying).

9. MVKay52

MVKay52 Well-Known Member

ImMk
    Veteran
    I guess there really isn’t a way to physically inhibit people from applying before then but if there was, staff would have a lot less applications to go through as Mild was talking about

10. Mildsawss

Mildsawss Admin

MildSawss
    Admin
    There's no way to stop people from applying. The good applications we get are perhaps once per two months or so. Most of the bad applications are people that have under 4d of playtime, or they jumble their application into a mess.

11. Peepsibabe

Peepsibabe Builder

Peepsibabe
    Builder
    Are you saying they should start accepting the applications with 2 word long answers, that aren't even in English? If people actually met the requirements, and would be a staff member applied, we wouldn't have this problem. There is nothing they can do to fix this problem.

12. Vindigo

Vindigo Mod

Vindigo
    Mod
    I agree we do need more staff but as stated above, finding good applicants is very, very hard...

13. Кровь

Кровь Well-Known Member

Razrabochik
    God
    На каждом сервере должен быть хотя бы 1 сотрудник

14. DietherisCool

DietherisCool Member

Vin just wait until i have one year of experience of becto, then ill make my move! (or just back out again)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  15. 4zw

4zw Member

Rektah
    Raider
    I get what yall are sayin.
    I'm just sayin its kinda weird that the server has 300 players and at most 3 staff members on
    Maybe you could announce you're recruiting for staff
    Maybe encourage people to apply

16. Mildsawss

Mildsawss Admin

MildSawss
    Admin
    We do encourage players to apply every single day in game. We don’t make mass announcements, that’s not really professional. We’re constantly in a state of hire, but the problem is applicants and finding good individuals whom meet our qualifications.

We value quality over quantity in order to strive an effort to bring forth a great staff member to help this community.

17. 4zw

4zw Member

Rektah
    Raider
    *cough* ImMk *Cough* Cloudeh_ *cough*

18. Felicette

Felicette Admin

Felicette
    Admin
    Generally, we are actively encouraging players to apply, but that's about all we can do. We can't just hire everyone that applies, they have to fit specific qualifications in order to be accepted.

I'm moving this to declined as we already are actively trying to get staff.