Staff Application

Discussion in 'Declined applications' started by Terrence Wu, Nov 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terrence Wu

Terrence Wu Member

My name is Terrence Wu, and I am 16 years old. I am a boarding student in SoCal, and I have recently came back to the Becto server. I have been very active on Factions, Prison and Skyblock a lot around 2017-18, and now I hope I can help regulate and improve the community of Becto. So a little more about how I might be beneficial to the server, I was a admin and server host of my school's factions server(the primary reason I took a break from Becto), and I have learned a lot about hosting and managing a server. Although my life can be quite busy, I have on average 1.5- 2 hours a day where I can spend my time on Becto. My personal guidelines are simple: Always give people the benefit of the doubt, and be kind and forgiving when confronting them. However, if they mean to be harmful, pessimistic then punishment must come swiftly without delay. Besides contributing to the server, I have had a great time on the server and would love to get to know all you wonderful people who made this experience possible. Thanks!

2. Terrence Wu

Terrence Wu Member

Just to add on, I realised that I have not added one of the key reasons I want to be on the team: I enjoy helping people! Even as a ordinary player, I have spend around 10% of my time on Becto showing new people how grinders and spawners work, or just simply providing help in the text channel. I feel that if I was to be let on the staff team, I can continue helping people with more ability and a better understanding of the server. I always thought that helping people is just as rewarding to yourself as to the one you helped, and it makes up more than 40% of the fun and satisfaction I get from minecraft.

3. uhsleep

uhsleep Well-Known Member

cwaire
    Invader
    you didn't follow the format, you joined the forums today, the posts on your 'app' are your only forum posts. the least you could have done was say what your ign is, but you didn't even do that. on your "my personal guidelines are simple", it sounds like you just said what you thought staff want to hear. you have no forum activity, as for discord and in game? i can't say, as you didn't say either usernames. -1

4. 10scorpion19

10scorpion19 Well-Known Member

10scorpion19
    God
    I agree with what uhsleep said. Try to get to know the community better a have more activity (For me personally, I like to see more than 75 posts on forums, at least be novice rank on discord, and 2 weeks of activity on the server itself). Your application also doesn't seem very organized.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Toothy

Toothy Well-Known Member

Toothless15_
    VIP
    -format
    -activity on disc forum and server
    - good luck next time

6. Toothy

Toothy Well-Known Member

Toothless15_
    VIP
    I dont think that '' 75 posts , novice rank '' are the average that we should rate on I mean sometimes activity do not depends on how many msgs u send but how long u are available to do .

7. Juleah

Juleah Well-Known Member

xJuleah
    God
    -1, not following format and haven’t been active on the forums considering this is your first post.

8. MildSawss

MildSawss Well-Known Member

MildSawss
    God
    Didnt follow format.
    You don't seem to know your way around Becto.
    I personally wouldn't want you to represent the staff team, no offence. You need to do your research before applying again.

9. Thorbeyonce

Thorbeyonce Active Member

LexiDiamond
    Invader
    Hey,

I love to see you writing an application and having an interest in it.
    As others already mentioned you did not stick to the format and therefore you do not meet requirements.

Next time look first before making something. This is a waste of your time and of others

10. hackerboy123

hackerboy123 Active Member

Hackerboy123
    Invader
    this poorly written and you didn’t follow the format for making a staff application and you didn’t give your in game name and discord so staff can contact you this will be denied since there are so many errors in that application. -1

11. QuiteShallow

QuiteShallow Manager

QuiteShallow
    Manager
    Hey Terrence Wu,

Unfortunately, due to you not following the correct format and lacking a lot of detail, I will be declining this application.

Nonetheless, thank you for taking the time to apply.
    Feel free to re-apply in two months time.

If you have any questions feel free to dm me on discord at QuiteShallow#6801

Application Declined

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.