sophiamc

Discussion in 'Declined applications' started by Sophia Hoetmer, Nov 10, 2019 at 8:02 AM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sophia Hoetmer

Sophia Hoetmer Active Member

sophiamc
    Invader
    How long have I been playing on Becto?

I have been currently active for 3 weeks 2 days. I am 19 years old. I have been playing on Becto since 2016-2017. I am online around 8 hours a day. I play just about everyday, unless I have a lot of work to do for my college. I try to play for at least 2 hours when on. I have also been very active in Forums recently. I want to help others in every possible way I can. I also am active in discord, even if I don’t post much. You can always reach me, because discord is always on 24/7. If I become staff, I will post more in discord for Becto.
    upload_2019-11-10_2-52-3.png

What game modes am I most active on?

I am mostly active on Factions, Prison and KitPvP. Although I periodically hop on to Creative, Survival, and Skyblock. I have a lot of experience with Factions, Prison, KitPvp and Survival, But have less on Creative and Skyblock so I only play on those two game modes to chat.

Why am I right for the job? How can I contribute to the team?

I am right for the job because I love helping out on servers. I have hosted my own server a few years ago called Marshfield, so I know how servers are run, Since I ran this server, I found out how to see if a player is using cheats. I can contribute to the Becto team by helping others learn how to play and warning anyone who bypasses / spams in chat. I have seen a lot of risqué things on chat, and I hope to help to pacify the rude behaviour in others to spark kindness across this server. I also hope to listen to what the people have to say, so the servers can be fixed when needed.

Have I ever been banned/muted?

Sadly, I have never been muted but only been banned once for using too many alts. I regret my decision every day. But, this experience taught me that I should read the forums before I play a new server. All servers have different rules, so it’s important to read what you can and cannot do in a server. Recently, I have been posting in forums more to help others learn the rules and know how to play.

A little bit about me:

For those who don't know me, my real name is Sophia and I am from the Virginia D.C area. My hobbies outside of minecraft include playing the piano. I enjoy writing lyrics to go with the sheet music. I love making any kind of crafts, especially cards. I also love Psychology and helping others any way I can. I have a job as an intern for Bjornlund communications, an educational writing company. I currently study at NOVA college, getting a degree in General Studies for now, but hopefully transferring somewhere where I can study Psychology and/or Music. Probably will major in both and become a music therapist or a music/Psychology teacher.

Thank you for reading my Staff Application, I really appreciate it!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. Toothy

Toothy Active Member

Well for the first time I feel this confused ... I am not able to get into a final decision for many reasons :
    First u said u were rly active around the forum and trying to help people which is good but when I saw ur profile ur activity Is like almost the average .
    2nd I think your application was a bit short and missing some few details that should be included + some writing mistakes which is not a big thing
    3rd I didn't see you online on many servers as I was trying to play on most of them I remember seeing u on factions but never did in survival which is my main server .
    Last point is that ur activity is considered a bit low cause u have 3 weeks 2 days and u said you started in 2016 .
    I still didn't make a final decision so for now I'll go NEUTRAL .
    Maybe I'll change my opinion after seeing other comments and some of your answers
    Good luck
    Feel free to talk to me on disc if u have something to add :
    Toothless#9914

3. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    The one thing that throws me off is your activity, I see you said 8 hours a day, if you played 8 hours a day with 3 weeks 2 days, or 23 days, 23x3 is 69 days you played 8 hours, which is almost 2.5 months, not several years. I understand you might have taken a lengthy break, but i just don't believe your activity. -1, I thing with boosted play time to say around 5 weeks, more activity on discord, and I have seen you on forums a bit, but that could use a little more activity, I would give you a very strong +1, you have been a great person in game, and would to see you as a staff member some day!

4. elan88888

elan88888 Active Member

Rubickk
    Quite short application, but you followed the format, which is half way to become a staff member. I have seen you only on factions, whenever I was online, but I don't play much myself, so it doesn't really matter. Also playing piano is very awesome, I love that instrument :). I'll stay neutral since I don't know you personally, and I am not really a Factions player.

5. Sophia Hoetmer

sophiamc
    Invader
    I know survival, don't play it currently though. Cannot edit post, so writing mistakes that I tried to fix after are still there. Let me know what details to fix, and I'll consider fixing them. I really want to be staff to help others! Definitely will add you on disc as a friend!!

6. Sophia Hoetmer

sophiamc
    Invader
    I have been playing since 2017, it's just I took a long break for a while. Since factions last season at the beginning. Which I think was 2017. Thank you for the +1! I really want to be a staff member. I have been also playing like 8 hours a day for the past week or so. I have been up and down throughout the 3 months I have been back.

7. Sonoma

Sonoma Well-Known Member

SoNoMaH
    God
    It’s a decent application I’m just concerned about your overall activity across ALL platforms (Discord, server, forums)
    Iv also never seen you online but maybe it’s due to different times we play.
    overall it was a decently written application and I’ll remain neutral for now

8. Sophia Hoetmer

sophiamc
    Invader
    Okay. I may play the other servers if I become staff. I do play others servers, it's just that I spend a lot of time on factions, and like an hour on the other ones. i do play, them, just not as much as factions.

9. Sophia Hoetmer

sophiamc
    Invader
    I will have activity across all platforms if I am staff, I promise!! I am online, probs just different times we play. I also am on factions for half the day.

10. DoggiDOo

DoggiDOo Member

DoggiDOo
    She should be really good to be staff seh is very kind she should really be staff! -DoggiDOo

11. elan88888

elan88888 Active Member

Rubickk
    if you wanna become a staff member you have to change "I MAY play the other servers" to "I WILL play the other servers"

12. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    I don't believe I was clear enough, I am giving you a -1 on THIS application, but if you get your activity up these next 2 months, I believe you COULD be a good staff member.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. Sophia Hoetmer

sophiamc
    Invader
    I will play other servers!! Right!! Thanks

14. Sophia Hoetmer

sophiamc
    Invader
    I WILL play other servers!! I have not been playing others as much, but if I become staff I will play all servers equally and each day play a different server so that in six days I will cover all servers.

15. Sophia Hoetmer

sophiamc
    Invader
    Oh, ok. I will get my activity up quickly within the next two months. If this application works I will surely get my ptime and my activity around the servers and this forumn site.

16. Sophia Hoetmer

sophiamc
    Invader
  17. Sophia Hoetmer

sophiamc
    Invader
    Agreed upon all of these messages that my activity needs to go up. I will try to get my activity up in the next couple of days, as well as going to all the servers to make sure I know about them and I can get my player time up on others, not just on kitpvp factions and some prison.

18. Peepsibabe

Peepsibabe Builder

Peepsibabe
    Builder
    Firstly, your application is fairly short and is lacking detail and is full of a lot of weird sentences and grammar errors. Especially in your "How can you contribute" answer, it is not that well written. You should've talked more about what you already have experience with and say more than just telling us what the regular day to day roles are for helpers.
    Moving on from your application; You joining in 2016-2017 and having 3 weeks of playtime makes absolutely no sense. Even with a break, i joined around the same time, had a like 7 month break, and still have 15 weeks of playtime (not afk). So if you had over a year break, then its kind of irrelevant to say that you joined at this time. Anyways. You claim to be active on pretty much every server, but you only "chat" on some. Again, irrelevant to say because that has nothing to do with becoming staff. We want you to know a lot about each server, so that you are able to help players in any situation, and any question.

Some more extra comments:
    Yes very sad.
    You shouldn't only contribute more in discord ONLY if you become staff. Do it anyways.
    Both wrong. You should want to say "I DO play the other servers". Not will, like I said before. You should already know whats going on, not only care if you get staff.
    Again like here. You should already "have", not just do it once you apply. Do it before you apply so that you have a better chance of getting accepted.

Also, you forum activity is bad. Like ive said for the 16th time, you should already up your activity here before you apply, not when you apply.

19. Sophia Hoetmer

sophiamc
    Invader
    Okay, I joined in 2017, and did take a long break. I see what you're saying about my experience. I do have experience as a co on a server, and I lead one. That was hard to answer for me. I understand what needs to be fixed, and I'm willing to fix it for next time if I get denied. I do play on other servers, too. I also get what you're saying about discord, and I am actively getting my discord and forums up currently while I have been also posting here. I have been getting it way up, posted like 20 times in the past week! I understand if I get denied. It's first time, and I don't have a lot of play time. The sadly is for being banned, not for being muted, it is a weird sentence. I tried to fix a few sentences after I applied, but it wouldn't let me edit the replies. Maybe that should be something for the future, that you can edit posts here.

I also know a lot about each and every server, except sky block, which I can learn. Survival is not my best because I have not played it in a long while, but I still know a bit about it, and am willing to learn more. I am very good with catching language players and people who cheat. I know what to look for for that.

I'm not the best of writing prompts like this, so thanks for feedback. If I get denied, maybe you could help me with feedback for another one in 2 months. I wanted to be staff for the longest time, but I know I may not today because of all these errors. I really think I'd be good for staff, and really want to be staff, so I hope that I one day get accepted, even if it's not today.

20. Sophia Hoetmer

sophiamc
    Invader
    Many of the concerns here are now to the servers. I play 3 out of the six servers now, aand I now have a schedule for that. Mondays are for Survival. Tuesdays are for KitPvp. Wednesday is for Skyblock. Thursday is for Creative while Friday's are for Prison. Saturday's are for Factions, and Sunday is for any days I missed or free day for any server I'd like. I'll be on as much as I can with this new schedule, so If I'm staff, I can help out all servers involved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.