Something's up with winning god from vkeys

Discussion in 'General' started by idontknw, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop Well-Known Member

Bloopaloop
    God
    All these people trying to make sense over gambling with equations and theories when the answer is simple. The odds to win the highest rank in the server is of course astronomically low, don't bank on winning it from a the crate. If you don't have god rank just buy it :XD:(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

2. idontknw

idontknw Member

idontknw
    Veteran
    If that were true, that would mean that if you open 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 vkeys, you only have a 0.2% chance of ever winning god from vkeys. I don’t think you understand what p in the equation is

3. Mildsawss

Mildsawss Admin

MildSawss
    Admin
    I’m confused as to why we are arguing about this to begin with. Bas doesn’t have to give us any chances to get God for “free”.
    -Crates
    -Point Shop
    -Vouchers from season wins
    -Vote top 5 vouchers
    -Events with free rank give aways
    -Giveaway vouchers / gems on discord

Just looks to me you either want a bigger chance to get it from the crate. Equation or not, % value or not, let’s take a moment to stop the arguing and realize there are far too many chances to earn the God rank other than the crate itself.

Arguing about the % or even the listed % is silly.

4. Ralph12322

Ralph12322 Well-Known Member

Ralph12322
    God
    I got 41 mystic keys I believe and I've opened many vote/mystic keys, Ive also seen multiple people get god rank from the mystic/vote crate.
    one guy already had god rank and got it again lol (he got nothing of it btw no book , scroll or anything)

the chance of winning godrank is all about luck, which is something I don't have :-(

Anyways, if you really want godrank and your luck is just as bad as mine and you also don't want to spend in real life money ... I suggest voting and try to get in the top 5 voters of the month because you don't need luck or money for that just a lot of time ....

5. idontknw

idontknw Member

idontknw
    Veteran
    I'm not asking for a higher % chance of winning god, I simply want to know the actual chance of winning god from the crates. Maybe it is actually a 0.2% chance, but I really don't think it is.

6. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    From what Ralph said above, about a god ranked player opening a mystic key, is their anyway to transfer this rank to your alt via a screenshot for proof?

7. QuiteShallow

QuiteShallow Admin

QuiteShallow
    Admin
    No, we do not transfer ranks across accounts.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  8. bubblesnbugs

bubblesnbugs Active Member

Dabears57
    God
    I think your fatal flaw in this, is that your basing your math off of a .2% / 100% probability. And if it works logically, the total amount of % in the crate would add up to 100, in which case your math would be correct. But they dont, they add up well over 500% I think, which means that .2% is a lot lower than .2%. I think if you did instead of .2% (out of 100%) and changed that to .2% (out of the total number of %s added together in the crate) your math would probably correct or at least closer.

also side note I pulled god on facs :-D

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. RON8810

RON8810 Active Member

RON8810
    Veteran
    you know I have already tested this right? Using almost 30000 vote keys and it didn't work so it showed us it's just luck

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  10. laughy_tafy

laughy_tafy Well-Known Member

FreedomWaffle
    God
    The percentages in the vote crate can be taken as ratios instead, so we need to find the sum of all of them. You need to do is add up all the percentages of each item in the vote crate and use it as your base point. It ends up being 1,115.2(on factions). The chance of winning god is just 0.2/1115.2, which works out to be 0.01793%. Therefore you'd have to open an average of 5,577 vote keys to get god rank.

If we look at the vote statistics from the past two days (sadly I can't see statistics from previous months), we see there is an average of 675 people voting for each link. Since its a new vote month I'm going to assume that people will vote less as the month goes on if they know they won't win the voting prize. So lets assume that each vote link gets 600 votes per two days. That works out to 45000 vote keys per month. We can calculate vote party keys with the following formula: (VotesPerMonth/75)*AveragePlayersOnline. We know votes per month is 45000 and lets assume average players online is 200. This gives us 120,000 keys per month. add in the original 45,000 and we have 195,000 vote keys per month.

Working in our original 5,577 vote keys to get god rank, we should see about 35 players getting god each month. Margin for error comes in with average online players and votes per month. Either way, I don't think we're seeing nearly this number getting god per month. Therefore its possible that the vote crate doesn't account for decimals accurately, and the original advertised chance is much lower.

Hopefully this was helpful.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List