[Skyblock] Sneak Slaying Guide

Discussion in 'Player Guides' started by Baygel, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Baygel

Baygel Builder

mEdDi
    Builder
    Hi this part of the forums isn't active, but I'm here to contribute!!

So I'm Meddi, and I've been playing skyblock a lot as of late. Most of my time spent on the server is being AFK at the Member Farm and killing mobs to get Mystic Tokens. I then save up a lot of tokens to kill the boss, Sneak, and open Sneaky Crates in hopes of obtaining good gear.
    I've seen a lot of players ask about killing Sneak, whether it be about what the required armor is, whether or not strength potions are needed, what kind of weapon to use, or simply how to kill Sneak more quickly.
    I decided to make this guide so that players can see how I kill Sneak and how to hopefully speed up runs to kill Sneak more quickly.

Note: I'm not trying to flex or show off at all with this thread, this is meant to help players who want to kill Sneak for the first time or kill him faster.

Basics

For starters, we can talk about Sneak for a bit. Sneak is a Vindicator (correct me if I'm wrong). He can be found at /warp dungeon on the skyblock server, which is directly opposite of spawn. To enter the dungeon, you must acquire a Mystic Token (not to be confused with enchant tokens) by killing mobs in the Member Farm. To gain access to the farm, you must use the command /member if you are not already a member. If you already are a member, step 1 is done!
    Once you've entered the farm and hopefully obtained a Mystic Token, you are able to fight Sneak! To activate the token, hold it in your hand and right click. Keep in mind that activating more than one token at a time is useless, and will only allow you to fight Sneak once, regardless of how many you activated.

Sneak
    Now it's time to actually fight Sneak. As previously stated, Sneak is a Vindicator. He has 1400 HP and spawns with an iron axe. He consistently follows the player that he targets while attacking. He does not take knockback from attacks other than axes, from my knowledge. While fighting him, he has 4 actions that he can take. I'll give them names for convenience.
    The most basic action he can take is simply using his Basic Attack. He uses this attack if you get too close to him. I don't know the exact damage of any of these attacks, but you should try to avoid them all.
    The next action he can take is his Cobble Throw. The name pretty much sums it up. Sneak throws cobble at the player that he is targeting and applies a pretty heavy slowness effect onto the player for a few seconds. Note that if you are in the dungeon with multiple people, only the person he is targeting will receive the damage, but everyone will experience the slowness effect.
    Another action he can take is his Poison/Knockback Attack. During this attack, Sneak will stand still for around 5 seconds while he counts down in chat. During this time, a poison effect will be applied to all players. After the 5 seconds are up, he creates an explosion within a circle around him. Any players within this circle will be knocked back a pretty long distance.
    The last action he can take is a defensive action, which we will call his Defensive Position for the purposes of this guide. Sneak will use this when his HP gets too low. He then encases himself in a 1x1 cobble structure while he heals himself. Upon using this, he instantly gains 300 HP back. However, players can break the cobble that he encases himself in and continue attacking him.
    Another small thing he does is teleport his target to him. This will only happen if the player hits Sneak. This usually happens a few times, depending on how long your fight goes on for.

"Requirements"
    The reason I put the title in quotes is because you can theoretically kill Sneak with any level of gear. The gear that I'm gonna list is merely a suggestion based on my experience with killing him.
    First, here's the gear I use: Imgur Album
    I also bring a stack of gapples in case.

From my personal experience, this gear is way more than you really need in order to kill Sneak. For starters, I recommend:
    Sharpness 5 Unbreaking 3 (Optional Mending 1) Sword or Axe
    A Pickaxe (Any Type)
    A Few Gapples
    Protection 3/4 Unbreaking 3 (Optional Mending 1) Armor
    Strength Pots (Optional)

Again, these are only recommendations. You can certainly kill the boss with less gear, but these should allow for a pretty secure run. Custom Enchants will also help greatly.
    In addition to gear, make sure that you're familiar with his different attacks. Try to minimize damage as much as possible. Hit him from a range in which you are able to attack him, but he cannot reach you with his basic attack. Make sure you avoid his explosion radius when he uses his Poison/Knockback Attack.
    Also, avoid fighting him near the lava on the outsides of the dungeon. Falling in lava would be bad as a player, but having Sneak fall in the lava means that he could possibly die to fire damage, resulting in no Sneaky Keys for anyone.

Optimizing Your Runs
    This is my favorite part because you get to test how you can kill Sneak the fastest. There are a lot of little tricks you can use to your advantage to get faster run times.

One of the easiest ways to get a lower time is to use Strength 2 Potions. If you're also working on your MCMMO Alchemy skill, this is a good way to speed up your runs and also get some Alchemy XP. Increasing your attack helps lower your times tremendously. For example, I typically kill the boss anywhere between 1 minute 10 seconds and 1 minute 20 seconds without using any potions at all. However, when I use a Strength 2 Potion, I'm able to kill the boss anywhere between 40 seconds to 50 seconds. The time that it shaved off might seem trivial, but it adds up when you use a lot of Mystic Tokens in one sitting.

Another easy way is to fight the boss with your friends. This doesn't need much explaining. 2 swords do more damage than 1.

Yet another way is to hit him while he's not moving. As I mentioned before, Sneak has 2 actions in which he's unable to move for a short period of time: his Poison/Knockback Attack and his Defensive Position. Assuming you've got good gear and you can take a hit from Sneak, you can abuse the periods where he stands still in order to get some more damage onto him.
    In the 5 seconds that he charges up his Poison/Knockback Attack, you can deal some serious damage if you stay in his explosion radius while he's charging up.
    In the period of time where he stays in his Defensive Position, you can also break the cobble to deal lots of damage to him while he's stuck in his cobble structure. Always bring a pickaxe with you to fight the boss.

There is also one more rather trivial way to lower your times, and it has to do with moving Sneak into vulnerable positions. This really only applies to axes, as you cannot knock him back with any other weapons. Your most desirable position to get him in is against a block, or preferably a corner.
    Here's some places where he's easy to fight, especially with an axe. I've turned on hitboxes so you can see him more easily: Imgur Album + Explanations
    To add on to this, you might also want to consider investing in the Slowness enchant for your weapon. This makes it a lot easier to save durability on your armor and be able to hit the boss more. Also, if you do get the boss into one of his vulnerable positions, it's easier to keep him in that spot with Slowness.

One last note. Try to keep Sneak away from the outskirts of the dungeon. Not only is there a better chance of you or him landing in lava when he's on the edges, but there are less obstacles for you to manipulate him with. In the middle, there are blocks everywhere, so it's easy to trap him in one place. If you're using an axe, you'll find that you're gonna be knocking him around everywhere, especially where there are no blocks. Chasing after him when you knock him back increases your times pretty drastically.

If you guys read this whole thing, thanks for reading it. I'm on skyblock or creative most of the time if you wanna talk with me, but thanks for making it to the end!!
    Have fun, gamers, and make sure to stay hydrated!

#1 Baygel, Oct 8, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
    • Great Post Great Post x 9
    • List
  2. Baygel

Baygel Builder

mEdDi
    Builder
    Saved for edits hopefully

#2 Baygel, Oct 9, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  3. Allehsaur

Allehsaur Well-Known Member

Allehsaur
    God
    this guide helps so much thank

4. Peepsibabe

Peepsibabe Builder

Peepsibabe
    Builder
    As I've actually wanted to get back into playing skyblock, this is actually pretty helpful.

5. Laminae

Laminae Admin

MildSawss
    Admin
    Thanks for posting this Meddi!

6. Boogie

Boogie Admin

_Boogie
    Admin
    Nice post!

7. SkyHighTiger

SkyHighTiger Well-Known Member

SkyHighTiger
    Veteran
    Just want my messages up to 175 hi how you doing

8. 10scorpion19

10scorpion19 Well-Known Member

10scorpion19
    God
    Great guide! I don't play skyblock but I find this very helpful!

9. Preox1000

Preox1000 Well-Known Member

RileyNightfall
    God
    What is it that you have that makes you able to see the hp bar and the durabillity of your items?

10. Baygel

Baygel Builder

mEdDi
    Builder
    I use bspkr's Armor HUD for my armor status and Toro Health Indicators for the health bars.

11. Preox1000

RileyNightfall
    God
    Thanks, will look that up. Health bars can be helpful if I wanna help people kill sneak without stealing it by misstake.

12. Preox1000

RileyNightfall
    God
    I have no idea how to do so I can use that, I was lucky I understood how to get and use optifine but now I have no idea.
    I googled some and didn't find any tutorials. Found a text tutorial in how to add it to a forge client but I don't know how to open the right thing since I got my windows and everything in swedish and they say it in english, the names for what I need to open isnt the same

[Edited]
    Did manage to work it out, thanks for telling me about them btw.

#12 Preox1000, Nov 10, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
  13. 7fishy7

7fishy7 Well-Known Member

7fishy7
    God
    Love the guide, it will be super helpful to the new skyblock players. I would also like to add something to this, which is 100% optional, and that is, that slowness 5 will make sneak stand still as well. So if the players invest into slowness 5, it could also prove helpful in there quest to defeat sneak.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List