Skyblock is BROKEN

Discussion in 'General' started by Warrior356, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Warrior356

Warrior356 Well-Known Member

Warrior356
    God
    Hey I tried to start something other then PVP and noticed the weirdest thing and players started telling me that there is Red stone limit to avoid lag but tBH its dumb cause u can't even make a clock anymore.
    [​IMG]

It keeps stopping every second that there is No skyblock without an automatic gen!

2. Preox1000

Preox1000 Well-Known Member

RileyNightfall
    God
    That is not true, you can make clocks as I did mention in-game. You just need to have them a bit slower. Also another player did tell you a solution using minecarts that trigger redstone instead. I also told you that you cannot have to much redstone per chunk which shouldn't be a problem looking at this screenshot but you could try making the redstone signal slower if you wanted to use these kind of clocks. I myself got automated generator and many more do have it. They just slow down the redstone or devide it across multiple chunks to make it work.

3. Warrior356

Warrior356
    God
    I ain't bypassing cause bypassing is bad and knowing my luck i would get in serious trouble so i would like an opnion by staff not players bypassing it cause thats just wrong maybe increase it a little.

4. Lucas S.

Lucas S. Helper

schottler3
    Helper
    Just make a hopper clock. 2 hoppers feeding into each other with an item inside. Add a comparator feeding out of 1 of the hoppers.

5. Warrior356

Warrior356
    God
    The thing is they removed the ability to craft them and cost about 25k Each sounds fantastic.

6. Lucas S.

Lucas S. Helper

schottler3
    Helper
    Well, rip.

7. Warrior356

Warrior356
    God
    :'(:'(

8. Laminae

Laminae Admin

MildSawss
    Admin
    Hopper crafting has never been on any skyblock server I've ever been a part of. Its too OP and in my opinion unfair. Hoppers are crucial to making money so you better have some money first if you want to be able to use them. Skyblock has a few annoyances sure, but work around them!

9. Preox1000

RileyNightfall
    God
    Also it is not bypassing it. It is just another way of making redstone work.

10. Vindigo

Vindigo Mod

Vindigo
    Mod
    There are many ways to make clocks that don't involve that much redstone. I personally love building with redstone and I have found many work arounds to problems in the past. You can do the same. The Limit is there to make everyone's experience more enjoyable.

11. Crdguy

Crdguy Member

Crdguy
    Invader
    I had a very similar experience to you at the start of my Skyblock - my cobblestone generator has had its interior completely redone a whole three times until I was introduced to the minecart clock. I've also seen a user make a very interesting clock using repeaters and a comparator.

Like Vindigo said, using minecarts and hopper minecarts in redstone systems rather than conventional systems is a wholly interesting experience. Although I would not object for this clock-killing plugin to be removed (it does not particularly help part of my pumpkin farm) working around it is quite novel to me and I welcome it.

As for your problem, I don't see what's so bad about making a minecart clock. Honestly hopper clocks seem like a great waste to me (that's 2 out of 40 hoppers you can use every time you want to make one of those clocks) and minecart clocks have some mechanics that make them particularly interesting - for example, you can stop and start tracks using a simple lever, whereas repeater clocks usually require a button to start and something with involving a piston as a circuit breaker to stop.

12. Warrior356

Warrior356
    God
    Thanks for all the replies helped alot<3(y)

13. MRLEGOBlox

MRLEGOBlox Active Member

MRLEGOBlox
    God
    you can actually buy up quite a few hoppers if you lay out a sizable cane field and harvest it for a few days. thats how I got my first six hoppers so I could build my generator and cactus farm.

14. Preox1000

RileyNightfall
    God
    It is a 60 hopper limit, not 40. But otherwise you were right.

15. Crdguy

Crdguy Member

Crdguy
    Invader
    Oops, maybe not so bad then - but still a low limit.

16. Preox1000

RileyNightfall
    God
    Low Limit? What are you talking about? Give me one reason to why you would need 60+ hoppers? xD

You barely even use 40 if you got multiple farms and other stuff xD.