Click to Copy IP
  • Skyblock is a mess.

BWiXXT

BWiXXT
    BWiXXT
    ULTRA
    Reactions
    Hello everyone,

Today I would like to talk to you about the recent Skyblock reset, and how disgustingly broken it is.

Since the new reset lots of things have changed, and not for the better.

- The Chestshop plugin is annoying to work with and prevents oldschool farms from working.
    - New additions to the server (Chunk Collectors, Sell Chests i.e.) that don't work like they are supposed to, or just break at their own will.
    - A new /shop which is also really messy, and missing a lot of things we all cherished (Flowers, Coloured Glass etc.)
    - The fact that you have to unlock the /shop, which is also preventing lots of old and new players from even starting on Becto Skyblock (again).
    - /is upgrades that cause a lot of issues (i.e. Crop Growth 4x bugs out the Pumpkin farm and prevents all crops from growing until the chunks are reloaded.)
    - Simple things like Bonemeal not producing all types of flowers.

I can name another 20 problems for you, but I have other things to say.

And before you all say "But Wix, if it's so broken, then why don't you just leave?" This server is special to me, and have a bunch of friends on here, and I still have fun. It is just SUPER frustrating that so many things don't work (properly) since the reset, that all worked before.

Since this reset I have lost 5 moderately expensive spawners, 10+ Sell Chests, 3 Auto Crafters and 8 Hoppers. And yes I have been counting.

I get that servers get reset every now and then, but this feels very rushed. After the beta it was only 2 days or so before the full release. And it seems like nothing has been fixed, enchanced etc. This reset really only made stuff worse for endgame players. While it was said that they wanted to improve the endgame experience. It is costing me a lot of money to fix everything on a daily basis.

And if people spend real money on this server, and something breaks that is not within their power and staff decide not to refund or replace set item, (in my case 3 Creeper and 2 Spider spawners) then that is very rude.

Bas, you got a good staff team at hand. You got Dartino which is imho the best staff member you've ever had since I have been playing here. He tries so hard to fix things, and I bet the other staff does as well. If only you would lay off a bit with the strict policies and actually listen to what the people want, this server could be so great.

Don't ask people for video proof, instead use logs or /rollback to get peoples inventory/echest/vault back if someting happens. Believe players on their words. And if they do lie in the end, you can take action. But this server is going to end the same as Survival, Factions and all the others if nothing changes.

So please, listen to your community.

This is the end of my rant. Thanks for reading.

- Wix

zMask

zMask
    zMask
    GOD
    Reactions
    I absolutely agree with Wix. It is very annoying when sell chests and other break.

Panduh

Admin
    Reactions
    We dont know why the collection chest and sell chest do what they do Bas is working with the dev of the plugin to fix it.

The growth issue was fixed weeks ago I don't see much of a point in kicking a dead horse.

Adding more item to the shop is possible feel free to make a list of things you would like to see and I will see if I can get them added.

I'm not sure what issue you came into with your spawners but feel free to make a ticket going into better detail.

There isn't logs on every single item broken or placed that would make an impossibly large file size that just wouldn't be sustainable, this is why we ask for proof on the happenings or someone could just say "Yo Bas, I lost 10 iron golem spawners they just got deleted." This would obviously cause issues that I dont feel I need to explain.

The beta was only supposed to last for 2 days but was more like a week before it was really reset thats because we were trying to fix things before the official launch, it also wasn't rushed in the slightest, we were working on it for about two months if I recall correctly prior to the community ever even knowing about the beta being on the way. This is why people aren't informed what servers are on dev and such so we can avoid being rushed and communicate to figure out fun things that can be added.

We can't just rollback the server because something bad happened to one person, this would result in a LOT of people losing progress that was gained up to that point, it wouldn't make sense to hinder 50 people to benefit one.

The /shop being stuck behind barriers is to keep people from dumping money in their friends bank (or just random new players) then boosting them up to whatever point they want to get to destroying the grind for people, at least this way people still have to grind through the missions. This can be done in probably less than an hour if you have all the money needed so if its just your alt or something its really no issue.

I just disagree with you on the shop being messy, it works well and is well formatted I'm not sure if thats what you mean by messy but thats what I'm assuming you mean is that it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Don't take this as me just trying to toss everything you said out of the window as this was just me trying to explain what I know from the position I am in. Feel free to make suggestions here and continue to conversate or add me on discord and I would be more than happy to speak to you so we don't have to write books back and forth.

BWiXXT

BWiXXT
    BWiXXT
    ULTRA
    Reactions
    We dont know why the collection chest and sell chest do what they do Bas is working with the dev of the plugin to fix it.
    I know you guys are working on a fix, but there are more plugins out there that do the exact same thing. And if a payment was required for the current plugin, asking for a refund should be acceptable, since the plugin doesn't behave as advertised.

The growth issue was fixed weeks ago I don't see much of a point in kicking a dead horse.
    The growth issue is still very much there, and I still have to reload my chunks on my island multiple times a day to keep my farms running. It was also never mentioned by anyone that this was fixed. I even recall someone complaining about it 2 days ago.

There isn't logs on every single item broken or placed that would make an impossibly large file size that just wouldn't be sustainable, this is why we ask for proof on the happenings or someone could just say "Yo Bas, I lost 10 iron golem spawners they just got deleted." This would obviously cause issues that I dont feel I need to explain.
    There is a thing called BlockLog. It makes simple text files from seperate servers, which many Skyblock servers I have played on in the past have used. It creates decently smal text files that get overwritten every 7 days. So there is always a 7 day long log, and not more.

I have run my own server and have been higher staff on multiple servers before, so I know that this exists, and that there are many more ways to fix things than video proof.

If a newer player that doesn't really have a good standing with staff say something like that they lost 10 Iron Golem Spawners, then yeah, I would also not blatanly believe that. But if a trustworthy, long time player that donated multiple times to the server says something as "My spawners broke, here is proof" and in the end it ends up being my own problem, that is not how things should go. And yes, all players should be treated equally, but a bit common sense can also be put into play sometimes.

The beta was only supposed to last for 2 days but was more like a week before it was really reset thats because we were trying to fix things before the official launch, it also wasn't rushed in the slightest, we were working on it for about two months if I recall correctly prior to the community ever even knowing about the beta being on the way. This is why people aren't informed what servers are on dev and such so we can avoid being rushed and communicate to figure out fun things that can be added.
    All I have to say here is that it FEELS rushed, with so many things not working. I am a developer myself and even though I am not the best, I can see that this shouldn't be released to the public like this.

And if "figuring out fun things" means making it harder to play by for example having an unlockable /shop and making the server even MORE P2W, then I totally agree with you. But that is just my opinion.

We can't just rollback the server because something bad happened to one person, this would result in a LOT of people losing progress that was gained up to that point, it wouldn't make sense to hinder 50 people to benefit one.
    I don't mean rolling back the server. There are plugins that are light on the server's CPU and can individually rollback players inventories, enderchests and vaults without other people losing any progress. That you don't know this is concerning.

The /shop being stuck behind barriers is to keep people from dumping money in their friends bank (or just random new players) then boosting them up to whatever point they want to get to destroying the grind for people, at least this way people still have to grind through the missions. This can be done in probably less than an hour if you have all the money needed so if its just your alt or something its really no issue.
    This can still happen, because people can still always give items to each other. If I wanted to give a fresh player a God Armor Set and a God Pickaxe, I could, destroying the purpose of the so called "grind". So that makes your argument invalid.

I just disagree with you on the shop being messy, it works well and is well formatted I'm not sure if thats what you mean by messy but thats what I'm assuming you mean is that it doesn't make a lot of sense.
    This might be more personal preference, but I prefer clicking one time on the item I want, and getting what I want. Not another "Are you sure you want this amount and not this amount" option.