Skyblock Chicken Spawn Issues

Discussion in 'Report Issues' started by Embra, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Embra

Embra Member

Project_Embra
    Hello staff,

I built a chicken farm on my island except no chicks are spawning from the eggs. I was hoping this could be fixed as I invested quite a bit of resource into the farm and I think it could be rather profitable. Thank you so much fro your help! :)

2. Felicette

Felicette Manager

Felicette
    Manager
    Hey Embra,

I assume you mean regular eggs and not spawn eggs.
    I tested this in game and chicks spawned on my island. Here's the video.

What are you doing differently?

3. Embra

Embra Member

Project_Embra
    I was firing the eggs out of a dispenser. Could that be it? It was also firing on to a slab, but I also fired 3 stacks eggs on my island normally and none spawned.

4. Felicette

Felicette Manager

Felicette
    Manager
    I just tested eggs via dispensers and got a chick from them in about 8 eggs, it could be that they're falling through the slab upon spawning and dying because of their low HP. Maybe try removing the slab?

As for the 3 stacks of eggs, you could've just been unlucky honestly, it seemed to work well with me, I'll try it on an alternate account too just to be safe.

Edit: I tried it on my alt on its island and it worked as intended, I'm not sure why this could be happening but maybe just try more eggs? I could give you some money in game for you to test this.

5. Embra

Embra Member

Project_Embra
    I tested throwing the eggs again and I believe we were just very unlucky. Except I came back to see that we have less chickens in the pen now from when we started.

Actually we just tested and it's only working in some locations. I've thrown almost a double chest full around my pen and none have spawned.

#5 Embra, Jun 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
  6. Embra

Embra Member

Project_Embra
    It seems as if in each area there's a spawn cap. Once we reach a certain amount, chickens no longer spawn. I've realized this even with spawn egg not normal eggs. I think this is definitely an issue.

7. Felicette

Felicette Manager

Felicette
    Manager
    I actually do think there is a mob cap in a certain area, that's to make sure entities aren't lagging the server and to save room for mobs that spawn via spawner.

8. Embra

Embra Member

Project_Embra
    Is there a way I could get more information about the cap? For example how many mobs I can have in a chunk or specific area. If I have too many chickens is there some way I could get them to stack similar to what happens with spawners? Also for my chickens that disappeared is that due to the mob cap or entity loading? If it is entity loading how could I have a chunk that remains loaded?

9. Vindigo

Vindigo Well-Known Member

Vindigo
    God
    As far as i Am aware the exact statistics are not publicly given anywhere. You could always run an experiment yourself but I'm not sure how accurate that would be.