• IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
  • Skyblock Skyblock Changes

7fishy7

Reactions
    I'm taking a bunch of ideas from old threads that are now gone, and past posts I made, to one thread. Cause skyblock needs something.

1. I'll start with what everyone will reply "Just reset it." While yes it't not a bad idea, I'd like to hear what staff are gonna add if they do reset it. As a reset and adding nothing, would be pointless and cause me and a few other people to quit. Survival was said to be having a legacy server now and a new one. Where things will be update. I'm not sure if the same thing could happen for skyblock, but I think it would be a decent idea. Maybe just take away the fact you can bring over items, so people like me, can't just have 20 igs at the start of the new skyblock.

2. The crates. I'll mainly be focusing on the rare, epic and sneaky crates. Uncommon and common don't really matter that much as is. The rare crate could use a few changes. Starting with the major one, totem of undying. Quite literally the most pointless item in the game. It doesn't work in game from what I know and tested, and for a rare crate item, it's just not worth it. I would suggest switching it out with an 25k axes mcmmo book, as its the only thing you can't get a book for right now. You could add hoppers to the rare crate and switch out the totem. Next the epic crate. This will mainly be about the money you can get from it. In the rare crate you can earn from 25k-150k in bank notes. In the epic, its 25k-500k. I feel like the fact I could get 25k from and epic key, is a little bit of a poor crate option. Simple suggestion is to just make it so in the epic crate, you can win 150k-500k, maybe even up to 750k. As you are paying real money or, grinding points for most epic keys. "People get keys monthly" that's a fair point, but at the same time, 25k from the epic crate just shouldn't be a thing in my opinion. Finally the sneaky crate. While yes there are meant to be bad things in a crate, the 4 grass is kinda pointless. I'd like to see maybe a sneaky axe I, and sneaky axe II added, so that rare axes aren't the only decent axe in the game. If not replace stuff with axes, maybe just add in the axes in general. Vote crate. For the vote crate, getting 1 grass, sand, and soul sand, maybe bump that to 5 so its at least not a total waste of a key.

3. It was removed from skyblock, a while back, I wanna say almost November 2017. Stray and husk spwaners. I'm not sure why they were ever removed, but I'd like to see them back, just as another spawner you can get. Stray can also be used to get slowness arrows, and while pvp is by fair not the main focus of skyblock, it would be fun to add slowness or any potion tip arrows into pvp.

4. Ultra perks. Ultra has been getting perks on other server,I'm assuming skyblocks is coming up. Monthly keys kit, is an obvious one. Since Vet and God get an island size boost, Ultra could also get one, up to 175x175 or 200x200. Maybe the ability to change spawner types. Not to igs or slime. Only change passive mob spawners. So for example can turn a chicken into a cow. Nothing crazy, just a small change so there is no potential for this to become op. This could also be changing any mob spawner to passive, although I have no idea why anyone would want to change hostile to passive, but if it's easier to add in that way, I don't see the issuse.

5. A new boss. I can't count the times I've suggested this, and this is the thing I want most added. I understand this would have to probably come with a reset. All other servers have 2 bosses, expect factions I believe the 2nd one was just removed. The 2nd crate, could have things like the Axe instead of the sneaky crate, possibly new items that get added, such as sell wands or something like that. The crate rewards I'm not too sure about, but I definitely think an axe should be a reward since, rare axe is basically the only axe in the game. Cause almost nobody sells epic axes or gets them for that matter.

6. The island limits. Chests are fine at 500, I think hoppers are also fine at 60. But I wouldn't complain about bumping the hoppers up to maybe 70. Sign limit is kinda pointless to me I think. As I don't see why limiting signs to 500 was necessary. If someone would like to explain that to me, that would be great. But as of right now, I don't see the purpose. As at it really does it forces people to use pressure plates on farms instead, and limits the amount of cobble gens you can have/test on your island. At least from my point of view, again if someone knows more about this, I'm interested to hear about it.

That is all the suggestion I have at this time for improving skyblock. Thank you for taking the time to read, and possibly leave a comment on this thread.

- Dante

WebPlayz

Reactions
    Heres my opinions,
    To be honest, I'd hate a restart but if its to save Skyblock I'm all in for it. I don't know for sure, But I'd assume Sign limits are so people don't get lag banned if you put symbols in them like book banning. To be fair, If Ultra ranks could change say Llama Spawners to a cow spawner that'd make them lots of profit just for buying Ultra which the last thing we really want is skyblock being pay to win, I do see why this should be added but I don't really think that'd help the economy. Those are mainly the main opinions I have and I'd really like Bas to take action towards Skyblock.

Dartino20

Admin
    Dartino20
    Dartino20
    ADMIN
    Reactions
    Some good suggestions here, here are my thoughts:
    1. I agree, Skyblock should really get a reset. Now, bringing items from the old server to a potentially new one is something I am against. Survival, I understand because it's been having the claiming issues since the start (May 2019) however Skyblock hasn't been reset for a few years now and so bringing back items that may even be 1, 2 or 3 years old wouldn't be ideal. It wouldn't really be a reset, if you could bring stuff things through.

2. Totem of Undying should be removed, I would be happy to see those changes made but there has to be some less valuable item in every crate.

3. As long as they don't cause any problems, the spawners could be a new way for players to make money (selling their drops or something).

4. Ultra perks should come to Skyblock (unfortunately I am unsure when) - An island size boost could be nice, changing a spawner type would also devalue spawners a lot since Ultras would need any spawner and be able to change the type.

5. A new boss would be cool, maybe hard(er) and therefore different items in the crate.

6. I'm unsure why the limits are in place, but it's most likely due to lag reasons.

JustThibo

Reactions
    I'm not a fan of resetting things. Especially when there is just a huge sale going on from the 4th of July, everyone is buying perks and in-game items. Resetting now would be a really bad idea. Also, I want to add 1 perticular thing as what 7fishy7 said on hes post. An epic crate is the rarest crate in skyblock. There are 3 'potion effects' you can get in it:
    speed 2
    haste 3
    strength 2
    If I get one of these out of an epic crate, I just trow them on the ground. I don't even sell it because it's not worth anything sinec there are gstom enchants on the boots. Also, the haste 3 you can get on your pickaxe and the trenght 2 you can buy in the /shop for only 354.67.
    The biggest issue right now in skyblock is the 'lag' that has been going for more than 3 weeks from now on. I am making this post at 10:18 (europa time-zone) and there is no-one online. Exept me. The player count on the server has been reducing more and more. I haven't seen more than 15 people online since the past 1 week. I am not complaining that hard because I know it's getting fixed soon, I've also lost a rare item due to the lag.
    My point is:
    - Don't do a reset to quick since there is a sale going on right now.
    - If you do a reset, add lots of new things.

MildSawss

Manager
    Reactions
    There isn't a reset on the board any time soon at the moment, but it's been / being discussed for sure.
    We would never do a reset without adding game changing, new content for the community.

As always thank you all for your suggestions, it's what keeps this community alive. Continue to give more suggestions until the day we actually decide on what to do. Your voice is always heard here at Becto.

7fishy7

Reactions
    1. I agree, Skyblock should really get a reset. Now, bringing items from the old server to a potentially new one is something I am against. Survival, I understand because it's been having the claiming issues since the start (May 2019) however Skyblock hasn't been reset for a few years now and so bringing back items that may even be 1, 2 or 3 years old wouldn't be ideal. It wouldn't really be a reset, if you could bring stuff things through.

2. Totem of Undying should be removed, I would be happy to see those changes made but there has to be some less valuable item in every crate.

3. As long as they don't cause any problems, the spawners could be a new way for players to make money (selling their drops or something).

4. Ultra perks should come to Skyblock (unfortunately I am unsure when) - An island size boost could be nice, changing a spawner type would also devalue spawners a lot since Ultras would need any spawner and be able to change the type.

5. A new boss would be cool, maybe hard(er) and therefore different items in the crate.

6. I'm unsure why the limits are in place, but it's most likely due to lag reasons.
    1. I'm not sure if you just looked over it or maybe it's just poorly said by me, but I had mentioned just keeping the legacy skyblock, and taking away the fact you can bring over items. Meaning nothing is coming over all start fresh.

2. While I understand bad drops in the crates, I feel like 25k in the epic is just beyond bad, as well as the totems. I'm not saying make all crates just a quick way to get something good, but at the same time I'd like them to be more balanced, since it is already rare to get something even half decent.

4. I see the concern with the spawner changes. In my opinion it isn't as broke if its just passive mob spawners. As most don't even sell for over 100k. I just see it as a way for people with a lot of wolf, to get a lot of cow/pig/sheep. Which are better to giveaway and sell. I see the reason everyone is worried. But its not allowing you to change a wolf to igs/slime/blaze etc. Just to other passive.

7fishy7

Reactions
    I'm not a fan of resetting things. Especially when there is just a huge sale going on from the 4th of July, everyone is buying perks and in-game items. Resetting now would be a really bad idea. Also, I want to add 1 perticular thing as what 7fishy7 said on hes post. An epic crate is the rarest crate in skyblock. There are 3 'potion effects' you can get in it:
    speed 2
    haste 3
    strength 2
    If I get one of these out of an epic crate, I just trow them on the ground. I don't even sell it because it's not worth anything sinec there are gstom enchants on the boots. Also, the haste 3 you can get on your pickaxe and the trenght 2 you can buy in the /shop for only 354.67.
    The biggest issue right now in skyblock is the 'lag' that has been going for more than 3 weeks from now on. I am making this post at 10:18 (europa time-zone) and there is no-one online. Exept me. The player count on the server has been reducing more and more. I haven't seen more than 15 people online since the past 1 week. I am not complaining that hard because I know it's getting fixed soon, I've also lost a rare item due to the lag.
    My point is:
    About the potion effect clays, while yes they may not be the best thing for you, for players like me I love them. It makes it so much easier and quick to grind sneak, and on other servers grind the bosses as well without bringing 20 potions with me. As far as the haste, many people don't seem to know it can also be used for pvp to hit quicker. So they all have a use, if you know about them.

JustThibo

Reactions
    About the potion effect clays, while yes they may not be the best thing for you, for players like me I love them. It makes it so much easier and quick to grind sneak, and on other servers grind the bosses as well without bringing 20 potions with me. As far as the haste, many people don't seem to know it can also be used for pvp to hit quicker. So they all have a use, if you know about them.
    I do understand it has it's own uses for different kind of situations. I personally think the 3 effects don't fit the crate because they are not good enough compared to the other items you can get. It's the way how I think of it.

7fishy7

Reactions
    I do understand it has it's own uses for different kind of situations. I personally think the 3 effects don't fit the crate because they are not good enough compared to the other items you can get. It's the way how I think of it.
    Yes they don't compare to a slime, igs, or any epic item. But as dart said which I also agree with. Crates have to have some bad things. Some mediocre. And some great. Those Clay's fall in the middle. Some people find uses. Others hate them. I definitely think they should stay. For grinding purposes. Of course your welcome to your opinion and suggestion, this is just my view on those particular items you mentioned.

-Dante

liz0

Reactions

maybe transferring older items isn't a great idea but... shouldn't we be able to bring stuff over that we bought during the sale? otherwise people just wasted their money for the 4th of july sale

liz0

Reactions
    speed 2
    haste 3
    strength 2
    My point is:
    agreed completely.
    especially about the lag. its been a month now. but i know they're trying to work on it- it can't just be fixed automatically. but yea its frusturating

Juleah

Reactions
    1. Agree on totems being removed- it’s useless and nobody uses them, I get quite disappointed when I get those.

2. I am hoping something similar to the survival GMC will be implemented for ultras.

3. I feel like we should’ve been told before the 4th sale happened that sky block would be resetting because I know people that bought IGs and are very disappointed.

4. I agree that clays shouldn’t be in an epic OR rare crate. Maybe an uncommon, but I also do throw these on the ground.