Server Rules

Discussion in 'Declined suggestions' started by Arminova, Feb 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arminova

Arminova Well-Known Member

Arminova
    Invader
    I believe the server rules needs to be more specific. What I mean by that is having more description to the rules that are portrayed. I recently got banned for ddos threats and I just want to say that it was meant as a joke, maybe not even a joke. The victim of the so called threats was not even on the current server.

The reason I bring this up is cause of the rules as I said. The have taken a way to easy method for the descrpitions of the rules. If rules were to be followed at all costs. Half the server would be permanently banned by now.

The reason for this? Let me tell you.

Everyone playing is a human, please be mindful and respectful in your communication. We will not tolerate the following: Toxicity - Can be misunderstood by jokes or ironic comments we make all the time. Even taking it seriously I see toxic chatting and behaviour by over half the server each time I am on.
    General discrimination - Literally all adult jokes ever made, poof gone. I see the staff using this when they want to act funny while keeping their adult-ish behaviour.
    Offensive remarks - Everything mean ever to be said.
    Provoactive communication - First off I really don't know why the staff decides to act old and wise in a damn block game made for kids age 5-13. I get no reason having to use old despritionated words and sentences for 12 year olds. But for those who does not know it means causing general low level anger by variatable use of sentences and words.
    Everything then said to annoy someone or cause anger is not allowed. Something I experience every millisecond.

I could really go on for all day having countless sins for nearly all rules for the server. But I think you get what I am trying to portray.
    One thing also is the staff not accepting the made a mistake or could have done something to get a better result than the current one.

An example of this is me and a staff member discussing a topic about ban time and account restriction. Bla bla bla, the mod says I can't bla bla bla cause the deal was bla bla. The mod hadn't told bla bla to bla bla, appearing as if it was not important at that time. Later when the problem occurs the bla bla is very important! I ask how such a fatal part of imformation could have been left out, but the countering human would not answer. Realising the mistake was going to make me be right and ending the discussion in a win for my part.

What I am trying to say is that the rules and staff can't change things as they go along. They sometimes have to realise and admit they were wrong. The rules and staff has to be equal all over. Like butter on bread you gotta spread it out till it is neutral and perfected. :)

Please take note of this and make a change as quick as possible. So that we can get a fair and good server. -Thanks

(This thread was also made for comic relief as the same time as it is serious, don't get upset and cry pls)

2. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop Well-Known Member

Bloopaloop
    God
    That's way too many bla bla bla's for me.

3. Nora-Mia

Nora-Mia Well-Known Member

RlSE
    Plus
    DDOS threats is not something to be joking about, which is why you had a restriction placed on your account. It is a serious matter.

4. Arminova

Arminova
    Invader
    If DDOS can't be a joke I don't get how things such as "KYS" isn't a instant perm ban. Such, "jokes" about killing yourself is a ten times more important matter than DDOS. Even having that in mind I see such death-like threats occur everyday without the person telling them is not getting banned or often not muted either.
    That topic is not even debatable. Is it?

I think the staff has taken the wrong decisions on what is bannable and not.

5. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop
    God
    I'm not sure of the full context of what you said or how it was said but depending on the way you portrayed it it could be seen as not a joke. A DDOS attack is a serious threat in the online community as it can actually affect them in a negative way. As far as KYS it's commonly used in online games and is usually never taken to heart, it's easier to see that as a joke however that doesn't make it okay.

You're basically trying to label KYS as more important than a DDOS threat to get your point across in a better view. Now let me ask you this if I was sitting across from you at a table and threaten to DDOS you, you wouldn't think anything of it as the environment I'm using it in makes the threat hold significantly less value. The same scenario I gave can be flipped for "death-like threats" as you would say.

Now as far as others not getting banned or muted well most likely they weren't reported and as staff is not omniscient nothing of course can be done. It seems like the best course of action you should take is to make an appeal and state your case. If the restriction on your account won't be removed then just ride out whatever punishment you received and learn from the past.

6. Arminova

Arminova
    Invader
    Just that KYS is an action you have to outmanuever yourself. DDOS threats is an action the threatning person will do.
    If someone tells you to kill yourself it can really get to the heart for certain people. KYS is not a threat in nearly anyway. It is irconic advice to cause emotional pain to the victim. Which can cause suicide. Before you start talking about DDOS you really got to understand what it can do and how it affects you. You would just get angry cause your PC would get drastically slower or even ruined in worst cases. That is why I am saying that words and sentences such as KYS should have far more punishment. Unless you put technology over human

7. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop
    God
    I don't think you understand what a DDOS is, if someone were to get DDOS it's a guarantee that they would get knocked off the internet as it is multiple computers and internet connections to flood you. A DOS attack usually uses one computer and one internet connection to flood you. Now to DOS someone is very easy as you can buy a cheap booter and it will knock almost anyone offline. It's not hard to be a skid and boot someone offline so the threat of a DDOS to someone is very serious in the internet community.

8. Skizzles

Skizzles Well-Known Member

ISkizzlesI
    God
    In light of this post, the Staff team takes any rules broken seriously. DDOS threats, and Player Harassment (Telling someone to KYS) are both taken more seriously than other rules as these are threats on players personal belongings and their personal well being. All rules matter, all rules should be followed, just because you see others breaking rules does not mean you should go along with them and break the rules as well. At some time every rule breaker gets caught one way or another and a restriction is issued.
    If you see such threats being made, send in a report via a Support Ticket and it will be handled.

In response to the Staff team being unfair, I can say that every player, gang, faction, or group is treated the same as any other, we do not bend the rules for one and then restrict another as that is simply unfair and we are meant to be enforcing all rules not just when ever we feel like it. If we were to warn one person for DDOS threats, we would have to warn everyone person and then it would not be taken seriously. The Staff team has guidelines, regulations, and our own rules in place to insure that we are neutral in situations, handle them the right way, and make sure that rules are being followed. If you however see this not being the case I suggest opening a support ticket and it will be handled by Higher Staff members.

9. Arminova

Arminova
    Invader
    You think I don't know what a DDoS attack is? I have caused some in certain occasions and recived in others. I have specialized in kryptonic and technological coding. DDoS can be used to just restrain information or web acces. Also to shut down chosen places on your computer. Enough with how it works.

I first off see now that you value technology higher than life and think that is a more serious matter. That is really all I needed to know. You should only know that I am not the best, there are few people on this server that know more than me about coding and perhaps hacks. If you doubt it I can demonstrate. But I just wanna say aswell that when people on especially minecraft say they are going to DDoS they are often joking. If the staff decides to punish the player because of this I completely understand. This could however make the situation worse, maybe the player actually decides to DDoS the victim. Which the server would take much blame for if not all of it. I feel like there can be other solutions other than just ban for the threatning player. This should be the case for every punishments thought for bans aswell.

And I just wanna say I was tempted to cheat the guy that banned me right after. But I didn't cause I realised that would make my ban longer, it would probably make me get a bad relationship with the server staff aswell. I'm just saying that to show how bans can make the situation worse.

#9 Arminova, Feb 23, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  10. Arminova

Arminova
    Invader
    The staff is unfair. The staff bends the rules at certain occasions. "Kill yourself" is in my opinion a worse sentence than "I will ddos u mate". And what about personal rules or comfortable demands a player has? Will those demands be denied? If U get accused of hacking and a mod wants me to screenshare but I do not want to. Is it then fitting with a ban? I just wanna say that the staff has to be more precise when doing their work. If I one day become a staff member on Becto I will read the rules once a month or some to see all updates and I will always check them if I am curious about it. I have sometimes experienced that the staff does not know the rules of some paragraphs or have them known a little off how they acutally are.

11. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop
    God
    Skizzles gave you the best answer you could receive. There is honestly no sense in continuing this argument.

12. pudstriker

pudstriker Well-Known Member

pudstriker
    God
    I would end this post here and all yall i suggest go your Separate ways because i believe this is too big of a situation to be handled in threads i would just move on though this is a real problem to be honest just open a support ticket and it will be over.

13. Skizzles

Skizzles Well-Known Member

ISkizzlesI
    God
    Locking Thread due to unneeded Arguing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.