Scorpious_Malfoy

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Scorpious_Malfoy, Nov 30, 2019 at 9:10 PM.

1. Scorpious_Malfoy

Scorpious_Malfoy Well-Known Member

Scorpious_Malfoy
    God
    I have been playing on becto.net for over two years. I started in September 2017 after the skyblock reset. A friend started me, and after a month, I became a member.

During the week if I have time I am on, for the most, an hour and a half. For the weekends and holidays, I am at least 3 hours between Friday and Sunday.

I am most active on skyblock. That’s the main reason I came to becto was that the skyblock was so highly rated. I enjoy playing every time.

I used to say that Becto was under-run, but after seeing that the staff is low and has many things to juggle at once, I understand why they may not always be focused on the server I like. They do amazing things in a short amount of time and a short number of people. I am a person who doesn’t enjoy fighting; I always try to break up fights. I usually try to see both sides of a story before choosing to side with someone. I used to staff on another server (which went through 6 different server changes). It was small, but it created a good starting experience. After three years, It closed, but I left as a manager. I am always willing to help another person, so if any staff needed me for backup, I am always willing. About 9 months ago, I tried making friends with every staff member, and I ended up /friends with 4-6 old staff.

On Becto I was banned for 3 days for “Harassment” after mail sending someone a question. They didn’t like me, so they reported it to a staff member as harassment. That was the only time I was banned from Becto.

I did programming for 4 years and made robots with a team of 9. I also spent every Friday with my family playing card games for hours. I am also able to speak a little bit of German.

2. Scorpious_Malfoy

Scorpious_Malfoy
    God
    /level Information

Attached Files:

3. Juleah

Juleah Well-Known Member

xJuleah
    God
    You seem very sweet, but however I see some issues.
    1. Your playtime is lower than mine and you say you've been playing for 2 years. I haven't even for sure been playing for a full year, I just know it's close to it. I get told constantly that my playtime isn't high enough to know the ins and outs of the servers, but I disagree with that. It just worries me you're not active.
    2. I feel like this application was very rushed due to the lack of detail that has been put in. It's very short and doesn't go super in depth, not nearly as in depth as I would like to see for a staff applicant.
    3. I don't really see you hit spot on with why you should be staff? You don't hit super hard on a "I'm really good at (whatever you're good at.)" or a "I know how to (whatever you know how to do.)"
    I just think you needed to spend more time on your application. So a -1 from me.

4. Juleah

Juleah Well-Known Member

xJuleah
    God
    I hope you take what I said and rebuild an AMAZING application because I believe you could have potential :)

5. Toothy

Toothy Well-Known Member

Toothless15_
    VIP
    Ok i don't think you are 100% ready for staff position for some reasons as @Juleah said but u need to focus on some points :
    First your activity on disc and forum which is an important thing that u should work on
    Your play time is not bad like 3 weeks is the average but u said u joined the server like years ago which make it rly low
    You said u mainly play Skyblock but u didn't talk about the other servers and a staff member should have at least a general experience about all the gamemodes to be able to help
    Juleah already talked about the '' why you right for the job '' part so not gonna repeat it .
    The last point in the ban you got . U didn't give much details about it like when was it and it's not looking that u realized your fault and got a lesson .
    I think you didn't take your time to think well before u apply so that's a -1 from me
    Best luck next time

6. Rubick

Rubick Well-Known Member

Rubickk
    Veteran
    You didn't follow the format. -1

7. xxPantasia

xxPantasia Active Member

xxPantasia
    God
    Neutral.

This is a short app. Detail is key on applications. I have no I'll will towards you and wish you best of luck. Playtime is okay.

What's your discord user? I dont really recognize your name from there, but I could be wrong. I'm not saying you're not active, but I'd like your name to check before I change my rating.

Good luck!

8. Scorpious_Malfoy

Scorpious_Malfoy
    God
    Thank you, I have tried verifying with the discord 5 to 6 times now, and it will not let me verify. I am continuing to try, and I guess I will have to ask a staff member. I've tried multiple times before this even, and it still wouldn't accept me.

9. Scorpious_Malfoy

Scorpious_Malfoy
    God
    Thanks for the feedback, Toothless15_ you made a few good points about the ban, and other things. Thank you!

10. Scorpious_Malfoy

Scorpious_Malfoy
    God
    Thank You xJuleah! I looked at your staff application, and I hope the staff thought about it well. I see you're always willing to be there and help everyone. You're always so positive and sweet to me and others. I probably shouldn't have done this at the airport, but at least I know what I've done wrong and what to improve. It's nice to know that others are also willing to help me out too!

11. urbanBDGlove

urbanBDGlove Well-Known Member

Urbanwave12
    God
    1) You seem sweat but there is to little detail in your application for me to know what you bring as a staff member. -
    2) Your playtime is good and you will know the ins and outs of the server after 2 years. +
    3) As far as I can see you aren't following the format. -
    4) It's a really short application. -
    5) I feel like your forum activity is low. -
    So more negative then positive that makes it a -1 for me.

12. Scorpious_Malfoy

Scorpious_Malfoy
    God
    Thank you Urban, I have already readjusted my staff application for when I can apply again in 2 months.

13. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    Little short of an application, you are a pretty old skyblock player, and I was surprised at how low your playtime was. Very great player other than these two issues, -1.

14. Scorpious_Malfoy

Scorpious_Malfoy
    God
    I know, I think it's low cause when I play; I play for hours at a time. Thanks for the Feedback

15. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    If you play for hours at a time, it records it. All the stats are accurate, accept for kills and deaths, which only work half the time

16. MildSawss

MildSawss Well-Known Member

MildSawss
    God
    Hey there.

As others stated, application is too short. Think of it as a portfolio for a job - because that's pretty much what you are applying for. A volunteer'd job. So you want it to be long, and you want it to be respective of what you can offer Becto that no one else can.

Some tips for when you choose to apply again if you are not accepted:
    *Try making use of the ticket system by reporting others ~
    *Try being active in #support and reporting things you see that break the rules! ~
    *Try applying for Discord Moderator! Believe it or not its a great way to get your foot in the door.

17. WebPlayz

WebPlayz Active Member

WebPlayz
    God
    Some tips =
    * Be more active, I play Skyblock the most and have only seen you once there
    * Try to learn the in's and out's of Becto
    * Be flexible, Play on all servers even though Skyblock needs staff
    * Get to know the Members of Becto
    * Be more active on Discord/Forums
    * Try adding more detail to your application

You seem very kind, Just try to do the best you can and if you apply again, Don't rush it :-D

Honest Opinion, -1 from me.

18. hackerboy123

hackerboy123 Active Member

Hackerboy123
    Invader
    Um so you already know what the problems are from previous players reply’s and yes this was very rushed and short as well as you need to have experience in every gamemode And not just for 1 gamemode. And your playtime you mentioned that you are on for a hour and a half that is no where close to becoming staff. And I’m sorry to say I have to give this a -1 just because it was poorly typed and play time aswell you afk a lot actually.

19. Selli__

Selli__ Member

You didnt really follow the format sorry but

-1 from me

20. WebPlayz

WebPlayz Active Member

WebPlayz
    God
    No hate but that's been posted like 8 times xD