RileyNightfall

Discussion in 'Pending applications' started by Preox1000, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Preox1000

Preox1000 Well-Known Member

RileyNightfall
    God
    Okay, also you sure windows + alt + R? I tried and nothing happened. And thanks for the tips.

2. SkyHighTiger

SkyHighTiger Well-Known Member

SkyHighTiger
    Veteran
    OBS?

3. Flavourful

Flavourful Well-Known Member

flav0urful
    God
    i've never noticed you in-game until a few weeks ago and you seem pretty friendly. before i give my input, i want to see other players' responses, so i'll remain neutral for now,

4. Noah

Noah Well-Known Member

reprisql
    God
    You can try windows key + g to open the xbox game bar then select screen recording from there. If you have any further questions regarding this, pm me.

5. 10scorpion19

10scorpion19 Well-Known Member

10scorpion19
    God
    Your playtime is very impressive. You made a good application, my only main issue is that the fact you cannot detect cheaters and hackers well. This in my opinion is a major setback since Staff are looking for people that can lessen those Hacker numbers. If you want to be helpful to players, you are already a GOD and probably have a high IGN level. Beofore I even had GOD or VETERAN, I would ask them for advice since most of them know the game pretty well and they can be slightly more trusted since they paid huge $ to have the rank. Also, I see that there are 2 types of GOD's the friendly ones, and the ones that have power abuse problems.
    Anyways I'm going to stay neutral for now, good luck!

6. 7fishy7

7fishy7 Well-Known Member

7fishy7
    God
    After reading through the application and the response I can say that I agree with the people who said your application is lacking in certain areas and it got a bit boring and bland at times as bloopaloop said. As far as the forum posting goes, I am not quite sure as to why little forum messages disqualifies him as a possible staff candidate, as they are making an effort to respond and use the forums more.

As for how you are in game, you tend to be nice, and help people when you can. On the other hand you get quick tempered a lot and get very sarcastic with people at times. You also have a tendency to instigate arguments in chat. Finally you really only play skyblock, meaning you don't know many hacks, (which you did mention in you application). That being said I don't think being on the staff team should be were you learn how to tell hacks apart as that can lead to false bans, and you having the inability to help with banning hackers.

Overall it's going to be a -1 from me.

Enjoy your day! =D

7. Preox1000

RileyNightfall
    God
    Have tried OBS but didn't get it to work, might give it another try though since I have heard a lot of positive reviews on it.

8. Preox1000

RileyNightfall
    God
    So what I could do to have a higher chance of you giving a +1 if I do another application would be to play more on the other servers then and try to learn more about hacks in general? Just wanna know since it can be good to know what to improve on. Thanks for you taking your time though. ;-)

9. SkyHighTiger

SkyHighTiger Well-Known Member

SkyHighTiger
    Veteran
    There are tutorials you need to follow them step by step without skipping

10. PigsPaluza

PigsPaluza Well-Known Member

Pigasaur
    God
    You said you only play Skyblock with the addition of a bit of prison. This does not seem to cover a fraction of the Becto community and I am forced to give a -1. Also hidden have some insight that doesn't go over too well.

11. Preox1000

RileyNightfall
    God
    Thank you for your honest opinion. ;-)

12. PigsPaluza

Pigasaur
    God
    Don't be discouraged by the negative comments on your posts it is not because we dislike you it is purely for the review. Still hope to see you in game sometime. ^_^

13. Jedz

Jedz Well-Known Member

Jedz
    VIP
    From the mixed replied I have seen I will stay neutral until I see something worth changing my vote up or down.

14. Intorem

Intorem Member

Intorem
    Plus
  15. Preox1000

RileyNightfall
    God
    Any specific reason for your "-1" or you just gonna say that?

16. Preox1000

RileyNightfall
    God
    Just thought I would add this now since I just realised it, skyblock is (or at least was) the most played gamemode on becto and prison has also had a lot of players on. So skyblock and prison if you count based on playerbase would be at least 50% of becto. Not that this matters, you do have a point. ;-)

17. Warrior356

Warrior356 Well-Known Member

Warrior356
    God
    To be honest you did actually follow the template given but you said alot about your self then actually saying what you could do to help the server its all about you i saw it my opnion not saying its bad nor good not voting on this one.

18. PigsPaluza

Pigasaur
    God
    You are right it is 50% of Becto and that is good you know the most popular part of Becto but I still think it is in your best interest to know all parts of Becto when seeking to be staff.

19. Preox1000

RileyNightfall
    God
    I agree, sadly I do not have much interest in survival or factions as it is right now. (Only on kitpvp sometimes since its a slaughter). Though if survival restarts I might start play survival aswell. But for now I agree with you on this one. ;-)

20. teasillyy

teasillyy Well-Known Member

teasillyy
    God
    Not a dick, helpful with newcomers' questions. Everyone learns a thing or two when they are first given a chance, this includes general understanding and knowledge of how all servers work, as well as being able to spot hackers. (knowing them beforehand would be a big bonus)

You should know being staff can be stressful (can be, doesn't have to be), and will mean you need be able to handle several situations calmly and professionally. This means there will be players asking endless questions (not unlike your prison situation), trollers, diffusing arguments etc.

- If you're on windows 10 you can press windows key + G to open the game bar to record/take screenshots etc (wk+alt+R to record right away / wk+prt sc to take a screenshot that saves directly to pictures>screenshots)

I don't see why you don't deserve a chance, you have a good application and a long enough play time to know enough about the server. There is always room for people who want to help.

+1