RileyNightfall

Discussion in 'Pending applications' started by Preox1000, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Preox1000

Preox1000 Well-Known Member

RileyNightfall
    God
    How long have I been on becto?
    I do not remember exacly when I started playing but I have been playing on becto for approximately two years now. I started playing on skyblock as my main server but later started to play on prison as well.

Hi I am RileyNightfall (mostly called Riley)
    I am usually online for three to four hours per day on monday-friday and four or more hours on weekends. This is due to school which I will tell you more about further down.

upload_2018-11-28_12-55-29.png
    Here is my playtime at the moment I am writing this.

Why do you believe you are right for the Job?

The reason I believe I am right for the job is based mainly on my ingame knowledge, as mentioned above I have been around for a long time and know a lot about basic things to know (mostly on skyblock and prison). I also enjoy helping other people in any way I can and I believe being a part of the staff team would allow me to do so on a higher scale. Something I am rather bad at though is spotting hackers and I do not know how to record my screen (other than using my phone to do so) but I am willing to learn.

Have you ever been banned or muted?

I have never been banned or muted, not on becto or any other server/game.

And at last, a little about me.
    Hi again so a little about me, I am 16 years old (17 2 december) and I am from Sweden, I am also fluent in both english and swedish (both in speach and text). I currently go to school studying game development (this kind of school is called gymnasium in sweden, comparable to high school) which is why I will be more active on weekends than monday-fridays. I enjoy helping people and think that everyone deserves to be treated with respect. I do not have any earlier experience of being staff though so this would be something new for me but I would really like to take the challenge. I am also very active on discord in general even though I do not use the becto discord right now for anything else than sending screenshots of people breaking some rules in chat or similar though if needed I am almost always online on discord.

Ofcourse there is some things that I am worse at that I feel is important to bring up and that would be to spot hackers. Since I have no earlier experience as staff and don't play that much pvp gamemodes I have no real experience of spotting hackers either, with that being said if anyone feel like teaching me that I am more than happy to learn.

Important:
    I also wanna add that I know the application might be seen as short but I did not find anything else of importance to add, that being said if you have any questions I will gladly answer them.

Thank you all for taking your time to read this. Hope you got enough information.

2. sonoma

sonoma Well-Known Member

CEOPanda
    God
    I actually do like this, very active ingame and detailed app.
    I’m going with +1

3. Shadow≡

Shadow≡ Member

HolidayChristmas
    VIP
    +1 I love your playtime and your app has a lot of details.

4. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop Well-Known Member

Bloopaloop
    God
    I can tell you went back and looked over some applications before making your own which is a good thing. It's also nice that you have 12 weeks on your account of being logged in.

Now for the negatives, You only recently started using the forums again within this past month which I can see as your activity increased that you'd eventually post an application so I feel it's a bit setup. You mostly only play skyblock and prison even with 12 weeks playtime I don't believe you know the rest of the community well because of this and I can't be confident that you know the server rules for the other servers well enough either.

Moving on, your "Why do you believe you are right for the Job?" section is boring and bland nothing sticks out and it looks like you put no effort into it. To add on that fact that you acknowledged at the bottom under "Important" that your staff application is severely lacking detailed shows immaturity because you knew so and didn't fix it. Honestly your "About me" section is literally so big that it is more than half of your application.

Honestly if you didn't have 12 weeks playtime on your account I wouldn't of even considered you staff material in the slightest based off this application. The only positive part of your application is the playtime and I don't believe that's enough to dictate you being staff. It's a -1 from me.

5. Hidden_Hacks

Hidden_Hacks Well-Known Member

Hidden_Hawkins
    God
    A friend of mine on Prison asked for some help only yesterday but you was very rude to him from what I can gather and your reasoning was and i quote "im bored on prison" and when he asked why you was rude you said "i'm only nice on skyblock" easy -1

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Lucas S.

Lucas S. Helper

schottler3
    Helper
    I've seen you in game on skyblock you seem like a nice person. I'm not sure if I should accredit Hidden's response since it has no proof, but if it's true that you would get a -1. I think your app was well written except a little too strong in the about me section. Neutral

7. Hidden_Hacks

Hidden_Hawkins
    God
    I have no reason to lie and before hearing that yesterday I had no issue with Riley, I think a staff member should treat every situation professionally and unfortunately he does not meet my expectations

8. Boneknapper

Boneknapper Helper

VenomMayCherie
    Helper
    Ah Riley.... after reading that I must say sorry but @Lucas S. and @Bloopaloop are actually right to be honest... I want to give you a -1 but I'll remain neutral.

9. Preox1000

RileyNightfall
    God
    Well you only heard one side of that story, your so called friend didn't ask me for any help at all but just msged me which I asked that person to stop with. I wanted to mine and relax not focus on chat. Sorry if your friend got hurt from that, did not mean it as something personal.

10. Laminae

Laminae Admin

MildSawss
    Admin
    Hey Riley.
    Let me go ahead and start this off with: "Ooo Riley made an application?"
    That was basically my initial response.

I began reading through your application, and while I did expect a bit more from you, I can't say I am entirely displeased. I was a bit surprised at the community's outlook upon your application though.

I've been speaking to you in game, and I've observed what it is that makes you a fun individual on Skyblock.
    Honestly, what Lucas said? I don't know what that was about, you could be joking around, or even you could be playing around with the game mode itself of Prison. Some people like to play the "bad guy" so I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt there.

You have been around for a very long time, and you don't really afk either, just putting that out there.
    Yes.. you recently became active on the forums again, and I don't really see you on discord often in the becto discord itself BUT.
    I have been added to a few chats involving you and some other select members of the community so I do know that you have the ability to be present. As a staff member of becto, we must make our appearance known everywhere.
    Therefore, I'm not going to get too upset at the forums activity, but I do wish you'd spend a bit of time on the forums getting to know the new people that come along.

I can't get onto you for only main'ing on skyblock.
    I was a main on prison when I applied and RARELY went to the other servers.
    The fine print to what makes a staff member a perfect member can never be achieved to 100%.
    We are always learning, even when we become a staff member on how to improve.
    Do not let hard criticism get you down.
    Use it as a chance to better yourself.

So let's get into the good points about you, and why I am going to rate you the way I am:
    *You are actually a very helpful person.
    *You're quite mature, yet fun at the same time to the players of the community.
    *You're detailed with your advice and you enjoy helping others.
    *I believe you have the motivation to correct any mistakes you make along the way.

I have no reason to -1 you.

Therefore.
    +1

#10 Laminae, Nov 28, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. Preox1000

RileyNightfall
    God
    I understand that that section might seem boring but as it said in instruction, do not lie. I would not try to make it sound more interesting than it really is. Also as I also mentioned in "Important" I did try but did not find anything more I thought was important.

Thanks for your opinion though. ;-)

12. Hidden_Hacks

Hidden_Hawkins
    God
    I Was in a call when it happened and you was rude to him and that's not up for dispute. However due to the praise from Mild it make me thinks the situation yesterday was a lapse in judgement? I take back the - 1 and move to a neutral.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  13. Domenic Ghiorso

darthsnoopy2042
    God
    Well Riley, I think you have been very helpful from what I've seen. When there is a new guy online asking for help, you are always one of the first to respond. One thing I have realized recently is that its not the title that matters, its the responsibility that goes with the title. You meet my expectations just fine, and I would love to see you as part of the staff team. +1

14. SkyHighTiger

SkyHighTiger Well-Known Member

SkyHighTiger
    Veteran
    upload_2018-11-28_11-13-34.png -1 Short in my own opinion

15. Marvelous

Marvelous Well-Known Member

Publerincen
    God
    This is a hard decision to make since I don't know the person the application seems good but I was going back and forth from a +1 to a -1 from the replies I have been reading, personally I don't know yet so I would have to remain neutral until I get to know more about you.

16. Vindigo

Vindigo Mod

Vindigo
    Mod
    Every one else has made some pretty valid points, I don't have anything to add. I'm staying neutral for now. Good luck friend!

17. Dymethius

Dymethius Well-Known Member

Dymethius
    Raider
    Back from the dead, but let's do this.

I've known you for a few months. You always seem to be nice to people in-game. Yes, I only do see you Skyblock, but I wasn't completely active on every single server when I applied. It is really important that you do get to know the community on each server and, more specifically, the rules. I love the 12 weeks. I think you would be a good fit for the staff team. +1

18. Noah

Noah Well-Known Member

reprisql
    God
    Play time is impressive. The about me section was the longest part of your app which imo should be why you're right for the job, which didn't really stand out. Mixed replies above on your attitude but it seems like you're a pleasant person to be around. It's just that I don't really see anything unique or anything that stands out in your app. You also mentioned you don't know how to spot hacks very well or record your screen, which quite bluntly, isn't very hard to figure out.

19. Preox1000

RileyNightfall
    God
    Thank you for your opinion, and yes as I said I do not know that but I am sure I will learn it fast if someone shows me. ;-)

20. Noah

Noah Well-Known Member

reprisql
    God
    You can download a third party screen recorder, there are free ones (which usually have watermarks) or paid ones. I believe windows has a built in screen recorder which you can access with windows key + alt + r.