• IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
  • Factions Reset The Nether in Factions

Rosie

Reactions
    It is pretty widely known that this new season of factions arose with a somewhat rocky start. One of the major setbacks of this reset is that all naturally occurring spawners (e.g. cave spiders, silverfish, blazes, and other hostile mobs) have been replaced with pig spawners. This issue disrupts the integrity of the factions season for a few major reasons:
    1. There is an unprecedented and unexplained surplus of pig spawners floating around the game
    2. Players who purchased spawner pickaxes from Becto's store at the beginning of the season, under the impression that these could be used to collect valuable blaze, cave spider, and silverfish spawners, have essentially wasted their money with no hope of a refund.
    3. Spawner picks that can be purchased from the in game shop have become obsolete as the cost to buy a spawner pick is $300k, whereas the price to purchase a simple pig spawner is only $135k. When the only spawners these picks can be used to obtain are pig spawners, a player is better off buying the spawner itself from the shop instead of buying the pick.
    4. The only way to obtain blaze and cave spider spawners is with epic crate keys, which can only be purchased from the Becto store, or by buying the respective spawners directly from Becto's store. This makes factions incredibly more "pay to win" than other seasons and disproportionately disadvantages players who can't afford to pay irl money, as they have no other means to obtain these spawners.
    5. Blaze grinders play a major role in Becto's custom enchants system, as they are one of the most efficient ways to reach the necessary 150 xp level cost of certain enchants. Without any naturally occurring blaze spawners in the game, the dynamics of factions pvp is indirectly impacted.
    6. There is less of an incentive to raid factions due to the overwhelming lack of hostile mob spawners, as the cost of an expensive raid often exceeds the value of the pig spawners (or other passive mob spawners) obtained from raids.
    7. New players almost immediately quit after discovering the spawner situation, and go find other severs to invest their time, energy and money in. Becto factions is desperately at risk of dying out, as it is incredibly starved for players (on average, at any given time there are typically only 8-10 players online). Any policies that deter new players are effectively digging faction's own grave.
    While, at face value, this issue seems difficult to address, since the factions season has been in progress for some time now, some members of the factions community have contrived a solution that might fix this issue rather effectively: Resetting the nether in factions. While this solution wouldn't be able to effect spawners from dungeons, strongholds, and mineshafts, it would address the problem in regards to the most valuable of the naturally occurring spawners––Blazes. By resetting the nether so that the naturally occurring blaze spawners can be fixed, you would be able to produce the most practical solution while causing the least amount of negative setbacks. Because players are unable to place water in the nether to protect a base and because nether portals are disabled, there is no incentive for players to create their faction bases in the nether. To my knowledge, there have been no players who have invested much of their time and resources into the nether, therefore making a nether reset relatively unharmful to the general factions playerbase. On the flip side, a nether reset would encourage players to utilize and explore the nether more, as there would be hopes of obtaining blaze spawners from nether fortresses. If the server issued perhaps a week's notice before the nether reset, in which players were given the chance to remove any valuable items they may have stored in the nether, I suspect that this solution would be highly endorsed by the factions community.

Lastly, I would just like to add that these positive changes do mean a lot to factions players. Having personally witnessed last season be ruined by dupes and large scale bans exhausting the already depleted playerbase, I do hope to see that efforts are being made by Becto's team to ensure that history does not repeat itself. I know the factions community is open to a discussion on how to fix this issue with spawners,

Rosie

Fqleh

Reactions
    ;) agreed with all of this, hopefully staff listen to this because if they don't factions is doomed.

Bas

Owner
    iBasss
    iBasss
    OWNER
    Reactions
    We could reset the Nether world, i'm interested to see what others have to say.

Squidben1

SquidBen1
    SquidBen1
    ULTRA
    I agree with resetting nether, no one really builds there due to water not being placeable and it would allow for more competition and grinders to be setup.

SenpaiPegasus

I agree with this totally , resetting the nether would have alot of advantages for the playerbase and provide some motivation to even care about spawner picks .

Yaqoob9999

Reactions
    I agree with doing this, My wife Rosie got a point and i hope more players come play factions after the nether reset. Thanks.

HIGH

if there will be blaze spawners in the new nether nether then Id say its a great idea!

Rosie

Reactions
    We could reset the Nether world, i'm interested to see what others have to say.
    It seems like much of the factions community supports this change if we can make it happen :)

Fqleh

Reactions
    ;) agreed with all of this, hopefully staff listen to this because if they don't factions is doomed.
    Alsoooo if this happens on factions my spawner picks aren't going to be a waste!!!

Shaymin-Sky

Reactions
    Couple of things I wanted to say before I get on to my opinion if the nether should be reset or not. I don't know if you could say this is much of the faction community supporting this, since it is all just your faction commenting on this, but that being said I did just find out about this post, maybe others will look at it soon. Anyways, some things I wanted to say was that spawner picks that were brought this season wouldn't go to waste, as you can use spawner picks on unclaimed grinders, if you over claim someones base, or if your base is getting raided. Although the pacing of factions was thrown off by the pig spawners things are starting to go back on track, and it's not that hard to get enchants if you grind the spawners you can get from shop. Factions is doomed either way if staff reset the nether or not, and wouldn't bring back the players that quit neither as it's already near mid season. The problem isn't that the natural spawners are all pigs but the server economy itself and everything being linear which is why we see many people come and go who are new throughout the day.

In my view, I think fqleh's spawner picks should just be refunded and things kept how they are as of now because it's an big change of pace that's really not going to fix much, and honestly just brings up more linearity problems for the people who might re-join or become apart of the factions community. I'm interested to see how the staff will be able to reset the nether though since it's a cannon.jar problem I thought. Good faction improvements could be found on the post I made a while back, which would be way more beneficial than resetting the nether.

Fqleh

Reactions
    Couple of things I wanted to say before I get on to my opinion if the nether should be reset or not. I don't know if you could say this is much of the faction community supporting this, since it is all just your faction commenting on this, but that being said I did just find out about this post, maybe others will look at it soon. Anyways, some things I wanted to say was that spawner picks that were brought this season wouldn't go to waste, as you can use spawner picks on unclaimed grinders, if you over claim someones base, or if your base is getting raided. Although the pacing of factions was thrown off by the pig spawners things are starting to go back on track, and it's not that hard to get enchants if you grind the spawners you can get from shop. Factions is doomed either way if staff reset the nether or not, and wouldn't bring back the players that quit neither as it's already near mid season. The problem isn't that the natural spawners are all pigs but the server economy itself and everything being linear which is why we see many people come and go who are new throughout the day.

In my view, I think fqleh's spawner picks should just be refunded and things kept how they are as of now because it's an big change of pace that's really not going to fix much, and honestly just brings up more linearity problems for the people who might re-join or become apart of the factions community. I'm interested to see how the staff will be able to reset the nether though since it's a cannon.jar problem I thought. Good faction improvements could be found on the post I made a while back, which would be way more beneficial than resetting the nether.
    <3