Factions Remove all Gen-Buckets

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Swahzyy, Mar 10, 2019.

?

Should Gen-Buckets be removed

This poll will close on Mar 10, 2020 at 2:23 AM.
  1. Yes

38.5%
  2. No

61.5%
  1. Swahzyy

Swahzyy Well-Known Member

Swahzy
    God
    yo dog this mad anoyying this servers TPS is always low i cant even play like i used to and enjoy nice crisp no lag gameplay. TPS is always low when people are using genbuckets so therefore until Gen-Buckets are removed im going to casually just gen some Sand and Cobble walls at my base at the same time and ruin the entire server. Im going to wait til Koth Starts and then Im gonna gen walls and make my mega base extra mega and unraidable

2. Hidden_Hacks

Hidden_Hacks Well-Known Member

Hidd3n
    God
    Either fix the buckets lag or remove them please. If you remove them , do not remove the entire plug in simply remove the ability to purchase them but still let them be placed just like before they will eventually run out. The TPS drops by 5-10 when placing say 50 or so buckets as demonstrated by quickdrop today. If you asked me last week i was against removing the buckets but i just cant stand the lag in PvP or in general.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. PigsPaluza

PigsPaluza Well-Known Member

Pigasaur
    God
    I agree completely. So far in the past few days the average TPS has been below 15 and sometimes as low as 11 or 10. This is terrible gameplay since you lag back on every 3 blocks you walk. This can be used as an advantage to lag people out to get your buddies out of pit. Gen Buckets are causing more trouble than they are worth an entire faction was banned over them and more are guaranteed to follow suit if actions aren't taken. I would suggest removing the sand ones from being purchased since cobble ones aren't a problem. The lag is 100% due to this because the Becto servers are amazing and normally run the server at 20+ even with 90 people. I remember season 4 went through without sand gen buckets and that season was phenomenal. It was just how factions should be and I wish it was like that but with all the new amazing changes that jet has made to improve it. Sand gen buckets are the common denominator of why the past week has not been the best for Becto factions..
    +1

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Swahzyy

Swahzyy Well-Known Member

Swahzy
    God
    ALSO (not mentioned) these big faction bases are merely impossible to raid, Cannons do not work properly so it's almost entirely wither raiding. Whilst wither raiding you can only do so much! My base and others if made correctly can take hours upon hours to raid with even only 5 walls?? we dont need any more walls ! Remove gen buckets!

#4 Swahzyy, Mar 10, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  5. AshleyMcrft

AshleyMcrft Active Member

Sweet_Escape
    VIP
    I agree. I want to quit minecraft when it lags. If it stops lagging, then I'll be more inclined to buy items on the shop.

6. AkaneKaimetsu

AkaneKaimetsu Active Member

phaxiuss
    Invader
    Have to agree. Same people doing it making it so that the server has to be restarted and they're still allowed to join the server what a joke.

7. Lowkey Loki

Lowkey Loki Active Member

8. Jetpuffed

Jetpuffed Well-Known Member

Jetpuffed
    God
    We were giving the "new" sand buckets a trial period to see if they were fixed, and it's clear that they weren't. I will be removing them tonight, and probably disabling their functionality altogether to prevent people from stocking them up.

9. Boogie

Boogie Well-Known Member

_Boogie
    God
    If you disable them all together will players be able to get refunds for their sand genbuckets?

10. Hidden_Hacks

Hidden_Hacks Well-Known Member

Hidd3n
    God
    Lets be honest no refunds will be issued, i suggest giving people a week to use what they got.

11. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop Well-Known Member

Bloopaloop
    God
    I'd also highly suggest disabling their functionality as you said the reason being because anyone even remotely intelligent knew that there was an extremely high chance of them being removed and stocked up hardcore on them. These players also have most likely stocked up their entire echest and player vault and they have double chests full in their base or more likely an unclaimed vault. I wouldn't give players a refund when you remove them either as their price wasn't that much and those who bought a huge bulk did so to have a clear advantage for months in anticipation for them being disabled again.

12. DarkenedSlumber

DarkenedSlumber Active Member

DarkenedSlumber
    Raider
  13. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    Make it so that gen buckets can only be used in claimed land. With the power limit, this would fix tps somewhat.

14. bunnaz

bunnaz Well-Known Member

Bunnaz
    God
    Big oof with buckets being removed on such short notice. Oh well.

15. Skizzles

Skizzles Well-Known Member

ISkizzlesI
    God
    Considering they were added on short notice it should not be too big an issue.