Redstone discussion

Discussion in 'General' started by tsgsOFFICIAL, Nov 8, 2019.

?

Do you believe redstone should be as limited as it is now? Please elaborate in the comments

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
  1. tsgsOFFICIAL

tsgsOFFICIAL Well-Known Member

tsgsOFFICIAL
    God
    For a while now I've thought that redstone was being held back a bit too much, but it was only recently that I discovered that flying machines were not just held back.

They are completely blocked as pistons are blocked from even pushing a slime block.
    I found this quite upsetting as flying machines are amazing (imo).

I understand that they can be abused, but I don't believe blocking them is the solution.

In my opinion the solution to solve this would simply be to strike hard on any abusers, and ban them for x amount of time.

But this is just my opinion, what do you guys think about redstone limitations in general?

2. MrKittle

MrKittle Well-Known Member

Lord_Coffee
    God
    There are always people that are going to abuse it no matter the punishment. Also while flying machines are cool and all, they are unnecessary and can be abused heavily so its only logical they are blocked entirely. As for other limitations, they are good as they are because redstone can cause huge amounts of lag on the server. Its a necessary evil.

3. Lucas S.

Lucas S. Well-Known Member

schottler3
    Veteran
    Its not just abuse situations that will cause issues. Every bit of complex redstone puts a toll on the server. If you allow really complex redstone that can easily cause lag it will add up over time and slowly make more lag. Not just 1 person will be causing it. It will be everyone who decides to do little things.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. tsgsOFFICIAL

tsgsOFFICIAL Well-Known Member

tsgsOFFICIAL
    God
    While this is true, this is where the server needs to get better hardware to handle it and keep up with the players, they shouldn't have to limit the server to keep up, unless there is no other option.

5. Lucas S.

Lucas S. Well-Known Member

schottler3
    Veteran
    A better server costs more money. We have to be able to weigh the cost over the profit that would be gained from it.