Punishment for Farming

Discussion in 'Declined suggestions' started by BorderPlayz, Jun 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BorderPlayz

BorderPlayz Banned

bordrr
    God
    I think that a there should be a 3 day ban and stat reset for those who decide to get farmed free kills. I understand that stats isn’t that competitive so this should probably be added after the reset.

I know that there is a punishment for those who farm on alts but having a friend help you farm is basically the same thing

2. MVKay52

MVKay52 Well-Known Member

ImMk
    Veteran
    I agree. Its an In-game deal so its kind of a gray area but stats are going to become more competitive after a fresh reset so it's unfair.

The only people who will be upset at the addition of this suggestion are those who boost, so there is no reason not to add it.

To add, all of the people who I've ever seen farm a friend, have also in the past farmed an alt, or the other way around. They get fed up with having to ask people or pay them, so they turn to their alts eventually.

3. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    Good idea, farming a friend also probably gets kind of boring lol, pvp is supposed to be fast paced and fun to be doing that, not farming.

4. _JoBRo

_JoBRo Helper

dropu
    Helper
    If someone decides to farm an alt then yes, they will get a appropriate restriction placed on them. It would be virtually impossible to make farming friends punishable as people could easily claim they are just playing, you can't really prove people are friends, and that's just the nature of kitpvp. It is also much faster to just get in decent gear and kill everyone that is down (that you aren't team with obv). If you want to make it so farming a friend is not allowed that's like asking for farming in general to just be punishable. I do agree that it's wrong for people to farm alt's or friends and kind of ruins the meaning of peoples stats, but I also feel that it's not something that much can be done about. If they were to remove tping to other players then it would ruin part of the kitpvp gameplay and other things. Basically to sum it up, it would be very hard to make that an actual rule and would take away staff's time from catching more important things like hackers.

5. Felicette

Felicette Admin

Felicette
    Admin
    I’ve been asking management to give more depth to rules, including adding a section for Kitpvp which would include rules such as this and other rules that need to be elaborated upon. Imo, this isn’t fair for the game style of Kitpvp and shouldn’t be allowed, alt or another person.

As dropu stated, it would be hard to deal with as staff. There may be certain situations where we wouldn’t be able to detect it to a definitive point, but I still think it wouldn’t be the hardest to see players doing /tpa to their friend/accomplice or running straight to them just to die.

6. MVKay52

ImMk
    Veteran
    fair enough.

although, If you see in chat that someone has a 400 ks but they never fight, and you spectate them and record them killing someone multiple times, and its sufficient, there you go. I don't think it would take much time at all.

Also, a rule change would most likely discourage numerous people from farming in the first place, therefore making it less of a problem anyways.

7. TheDragonKillerz

TheDragonKillerz Well-Known Member

Pluji
    Veteran
    If someone gets reported, and they are either farming a friend or alt, you can obviously check ips if they are alts. For the friend, spectate them in vanish to see if they are purposely going back to the same place and just letting them kill the other person. If there are clear signs of the other player not really fighting back or putting no effort in, then its quite obvious what they are doing.

8. BorderPlayz

BorderPlayz Banned

bordrr
    God
    Exactly.

9. 4zw

4zw Member

Rektah
    Raider
    You mean like farming and alt/friend for stats, or farming all kinds of people with a gset?
    I get p4 u3 sets and go I'n kitpvp and get killstreaks by killing normal people. Is that what you mean?

10. MVKay52

ImMk
    Veteran
    no, boosting with alts/friends

11. Mildsawss

Mildsawss Admin

MildSawss
    Admin
    Hi,

With friends we do not apply restrictions. Staff restrict for alt farming.

Its just a matter of figuring out who is doing what, and in the end what is going to deserve a restriction.

I'll move this to declined since we already have this system in place, but I'd like to thank you for your concern regarding keeping kitpvp balanced, and fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.