Prison Prison Higher AH Limit

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Sonoma, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Sonoma

Sonoma Well-Known Member

sonoma8
    God
    In prison, as you may know, the ah limit is 2Billion. However there are items worth more than this, and yea you can do trades where you actually /pay them but this leads to scams and I this it would be much easier if the AH limit would be moved up a bit.
    Not sure to what, just increased from what it is now.
    I want to be able to see Eff 50 Pics on ah and other items worth more than the limit without the fear of being scammed.
    This overall would make life much easier.

2. Esthesia

Esthesia Helper

Esthesia
    Helper
    I actually agree with this idea, without ah listings higher than 2bil, it encourages scamming when it comes to pickaxes like eff50's. It'd be a nice, safe option and I'd like to see the change happen

3. LillithxXxCloud

LillithxXxCloud Well-Known Member

LillithxXxCloud
    VIP
    Definitely. I'm all for implementing this! It makes sense to have a higher limit.

4. Boogie

Boogie Well-Known Member

_Boogie
    God
    If I remember correctly they tried implementing this multiple times in the past, but weren't able to do it as some bugs would happen with the plugin they use when items were listed over $2B (pretty sure the bug that happen was items that were listed over $2B would disappear on restart)

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Sonoma

Sonoma Well-Known Member

sonoma8
    God
    Upon further research, around last November you mentioned Jetpuffed tried to change the auction limit to 100B (little too high) and that bug appeared and he changed it back to 2B.
    Mission failed
    But I think with a little effort they can raise to limit to maybe 15-20B, not 100. Many people would be happy with this change and they will be able to sell items more easily without a risk of scam.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop Well-Known Member

Bloopaloop
    God
    Just interact with others for trades and don't be stupid, problem solved unless you're stupid. :XD:

7. Sonoma

Sonoma Well-Known Member

sonoma8
    God
    Yea I get that and if your smart you won’t be scammed. It’s not extremely important that this is added, just would help a little bit.
    Id just rather buy a eff50 from /ah than directly trading.
    Also not everyone wants to look around for a trade for awhile
    Rather just leave the item on ah for my price

8. Esthesia

Esthesia Helper

Esthesia
    Helper
    Exactly right. Making trades with people doesn’t mean you have to trust them, it’s just a simple process of buy and sell. I’d always rather ah something instead of trying to get to know the person and making sure it’s safe.

9. Boogie

Boogie Well-Known Member

_Boogie
    God
    It could be a bug with items being listed at 100B or some other price in between 2B and 100B. I do agree that they could try to test with 15-20B and see what happens (basically just something under 100B and assuming they haven't already tried this). The dev of the AH plugin they currently use has been inactive for a while now, so maybe they could even look into using a new auction house plugin, although, they would most likely implement it in a prison reset which could be months or even a year or so from now.

10. Sonoma

Sonoma Well-Known Member

sonoma8
    God
    Yea I understand if this were to happen it would probably come in a prison reset which isn’t any time soon.

11. Boogie

Boogie Well-Known Member

_Boogie
    God
    Setting the limit to 15-20B could probably be implemented this map with their current plugin if they don't find any bugs with it. I don't play the server anymore but I hope a prison reset come sooner or later considering it would be nice for the community to have a fresh prison server (prison map is currently around 2 years old if I remember correctly?) it would also help the server grow a bit.

12. Sonoma

Sonoma Well-Known Member

sonoma8
    God
    I would love a restart, as someone who started late in prison, I am only p1 and am far behind others I would love a fresh reset.

If this was added, 15-20B limit it would help the server, reducing scams and making life easier
    They should at least make an attempt at adjusting the limit.
    If not, I’m cool with waiting until next reset.