Practice server

Discussion in 'Declined suggestions' started by Devemon, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Devemon

Devemon Member

First of all, There is many players on the server that loves PVP, So my suggestion is about to add Practice gamemode on which, there will be Duels like Debuff,Nodebuff,Build UHC, Gapple, Combo and etc, Also same gamemodes but Ranked duels on which gamers will play it to get on the leaderboard and first 3 players on the leaderboard will get prize(Of course If the owners will agree that or Admins) I think this is a good idea and many player will agree that, Also I think that will increase amount of players which is good for the server.

2. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop Well-Known Member

Bloopaloop
    God
    This is a terrible idea. I also don't see how this is a suggestion for a "practice" of any kind of our servers. The gamemodes you've listed have been shot down already for the most part as Becto isn't a minigame server. Your suggestion to add more servers that are the same but with ranked duels is also a bad idea there is literally no point in it, why split the playerbase up into 2 or more different servers of the same thing but ranked duels, not only that but it's just a waste of server space to have these gamemodes. It was hard to understand fully what you wanted as your suggestions was all over the place but overall bad idea in my opinion -1.

3. AllyZally

AllyZally Admin

AllyZally
    Admin
    We have a pvp server, kitpvp. I dont agree with a practice server.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. w0lves

w0lves Well-Known Member

stund
    Raider
    I think this is a great idea, people always complain about 1v1ing someone on kitpvp, they don't want to 1v1 on kitpvp because they might lose their set or some other reason. A practice server would counter this, allow players to go 1v1 when ever they wanted. +1

5. Sonoma

Sonoma Well-Known Member

Sonoh
    God
    I agree with part of this, I don’t think there should be a whole dedicated server to practice, the Anticheat sucks anyway a normal pot pvp match would be a nightmare, but I think there should be /duels on KitPvP 100%

6. MVKay52

MVKay52 Well-Known Member

ImMk
    Veteran
    I would refrain from suggestion more servers.

If I'm not wrong, management isn't currently looking to add more servers to the network.

Some of the changes that you are suggesting for KitPvP could be considered for the next reset, so go ahead and drop them in the reset suggestions thread.

As for adding a whole server, it's just not going to happen ;/

7. AllyZally

AllyZally Admin

AllyZally
    Admin
    Not sure if they aren’t willing to add more in the future - they might be! But as for now? I’m 99.99% sure that Bas doesn’t want to work on a brand new game mode and I can assure you even if he chose to it wouldn’t be a “practice PvP server”. It would be some sort of new passive game mode more than likely, such as skyblock and survival.

We have to focus on the game modes we already have. Prison needs love. Kitpvp needs love. We need to direct our time and effort to our already standing and needing TLC servers, over making new ones and forgetting about our original babies.

8. QuiteShallow

QuiteShallow Manager

QuiteShallow
    Manager

I don't see the need for a practice server, Becto is fine with kitpvp which mainly focuses on player pvp and group pvp. As bloop said Becto is more along the lines of a minigame server, I personally don't see practice being implemented but if we even consider it as a possibility it would be highly unlikely due to the fact that we need to focus on the other gamemodes we currently have such as Kitpvp and prison which in my opinion needs the love and care Mild was talking about.

9. Sonoma

Sonoma Well-Known Member

Sonoh
    God
    What are the chances a /duel idea is implemented. I agree with what you say obviously we don’t need a practice pvp server but I think there should be a duel arena where you can challenge other players without ruining KitPvP stats and ending killstreaks.
    Quick /duel (player name) then teleports two to a random arena to fight in /kit pvp

10. MVKay52

MVKay52 Well-Known Member

ImMk
    Veteran
    Sky. Grid.

11. Sonoma

Sonoma Well-Known Member

Sonoh
    God
    What servers even have Sky Grid nowadays?

12. QuiteShallow

QuiteShallow Manager

QuiteShallow
    Manager

Not sure if this is possible, but Im quite interested to see if anything can be done about this, I think it was suggested in the kitpvp update thread a long while back. I'll do some looking around and see what other admins have to say about it.

Not sure where you're going with this, SkyGrid is a really old gamemode and I dont think it will fit Becto in all honesty.

13. Sonoma

Sonoma Well-Known Member

Sonoh
    God
    Yea honestly Sky Grid wouldn’t really fit becto, kinda old, and yes I have seen it’s been up a couple times, but what’s the reason it hasn’t been implemented yet?

14. QuiteShallow

QuiteShallow Manager

QuiteShallow
    Manager
    If you're talking about the kitpvp 1v1 suggestion it is because it takes a lot of time to work out all the kinks and to make it fit in perfectly with the way Becto is structured. We also need to remember that there were other servers due for reset before kitpvp, hence them getting more attention at a set point in time.

15. Vindigo

Vindigo Well-Known Member

Vindigo
    God
    I'd love to see a /duel command but over all I just don't think that would be a priority for Becto since you can dual without the command. No new servers should be added, we have our hands full with the ones we have already.

16. Cloudy

Cloudy Admin

Cloudeh_
    Admin
    /duels should definitely be added for next season, in combination with a revamped Anti-cheat to make PvP a lot more easier and less rage-inducing, it would be a great addition to the game mode. Most people are fed up with not being able to safely 1v1 someone, and an on-site feature to duel someone will accelerate a lot of the action on Kitpvp in my opinion.

Snapcraft already has a functional duel plugin, I wouldn’t imagine it to be difficult to just integrate that into Becto’s Kitpvp.

17. Devemon

Devemon Member

Thanks guys for sharing your opinion, I appreciate it.

18. TheDragonKillerz

TheDragonKillerz Well-Known Member

Pluji
    Veteran
    In my opinion if you took Snap's kitpvp, and made it Becto's but with the current system of kits and pots, Becto would destroy snap in how good kitpvp is.

19. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    Only reasons snapcraft is better than becto kitpvp, better anti cheat and duel plugin

20. TheDragonKillerz

TheDragonKillerz Well-Known Member

Pluji
    Veteran
    I'm 99% sure its the same exact anticheat plugin.