Creative Potential additions to the Creative server

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Dartino15, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Dartino15

Dartino15 Helper

Dartino19
    Helper
    Hi there Becto,

I have come up with a list of potential features that could be implemented/fixed in Creative:

1. Plot Rating - It is still on the hologram at spawn as "coming soon", so either implement it or remove that from the hologram if that feature isn't going to be coming;
    2. Plot Warps - This is for players to show their builds off and additionally to see the winners of the Monthly Build Competitions. I already know this is possible as it has been implemented in Prison's plot world, which also uses the same plot plugin. This feature could cost points - gives a use for points on Creative;
    3. Give PLUS 3 plots instead of the current 2 - As it stands, Members/Unranked get 2 plots (1 as normal and the 2nd due to Build Competitions) and this lessens the value for the PLUS rank in Creative;
    4. Give VIP 4 plots instead of the current 3 - Only if the one above is implemented so it's fair;
    5. Allow plots to be bought with points and RL money - This is useful for those who want to get access to more plots/if they already have the maximum number of plots and are willing to spend their points/money on more;
    6. Add the "Dailies" NPCs to the Creative server - This is so all of the servers on the Becto network have the Dailies NPCs (plus more points and makes players visit the Creative server from say, Factions or Prison);
    7. A sign version of the main plot commands and what they do - This helps new players with the commands without the need for "/plot help" and having to go through the sections just to find one command. Something like this is also implemented on Prison's plot world spawn and on Skyblock using "/help".
    8. Fixing Water and Lava mechanics - This issue is annoying to deal with, as water and lava "flowing blocks" remains even if the source block of such liquids is removed. I don't know the reason behind this but it would be nice to get the normal mechanics back.
    This is more of a global feature that could be implemented:
    • Different words to unscramble - Current words have appeared time and time again and it would be nice to get a refresh or an increased number of words (as well as their variations) for this and keeps the global chat active. This could also be used on other servers.
    Thank you for reading, I'd love to hear feedback/criticisms towards any of these listed.

#1 Dartino15, Jan 3, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Great Post Great Post x 1
    • List
  2. XanHiroki

XanHiroki Active Member

ShadowHiroki
    Mod
    I like it. @Jetpuffed Here's a tag so you can see.

3. Hidden_Hacks

Hidden_Hacks Well-Known Member

Hidd3n
    God
    Ill go through which i agree with and don't

1) This would be a nice addition as i have seen many great plots but the user has not been online to recieve the feedback. Of course the alternative is /mail but a rating would seem more appropriate.

2) Great Idea, i find myself going to creative specifically to see builds sometimes. This would be a great way for me to have easy access to them.

3/4) Buy a higher rank if you wish to earn more plots. or if every rank got an extra plot to even it out.

5) I think this would be a good idea, the current amount of plots does not seem to be enough for many some going to the extremes of layering their base for different builds.

6) I have always wondered why every server except creative have daily NPCs, would attract some new builders.

7) Maybe a section at spawn that explains some simple world edit commands along with what you recommended.

Unscramble - i agree we need some new vocabulary added.

Overall great suggestions, looking forward to seeing if any are implemented.

4. Dartino15

Dartino15 Helper

Dartino19
    Helper
    With 3/4, what if they want to purchase PLUS/VIP, as they want to support the server but don't have/want to spend more to get anything higher than VIP?

Sure the rank is global but if they're only on creative, then plot-wise, it's unfair to see the ranks below to get the same number of plots as you have paid for.

5. Skizzles

Skizzles Well-Known Member

ISkizzlesI
    God
    A. G. R. E. E. D. Awesome suggestion @Dartino15 maybe add in more world edit commands/ variations to some of the ranks and make world edit a tiered system for the ranks.

6. Dartino15

Dartino15 Helper

Dartino19
    Helper
    More World Edit commands could be good, especially to those who know how to use those commands. Several of the previously suggested commands have been implemented through //brush, rather than a standalone command.

However, making it tiered (from what I imagine you mean is that a specific command, say //cyl (just an example) is restricted to a certain rank and below) leans it to the p2w side as you essentially have to pay to get access to that.

7. Dartino15

Dartino15 Helper

Dartino19
    Helper
    Will update the OP but another suggestion:

Fixing Water and Lava mechanics
    - This issue is annoying to deal with, as water and lava "flowing blocks" remains even if the source block of such liquids is removed. I don't know the reason behind this but it would be nice to get the normal mechanics back.

8. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    Nice ideas dartino15, you already know I rate this +1

9. Sppicy

Sppicy Active Member

Sppicy
    God
    +1
    I really like your suggested ideas for creative from a regular creative player's perspective and think they would greatly improve the building aspect of the server.
    From my perspective and the way that I have used creative on becto, I mainly use creative for creating and preparing base designs.
    However, I think a cannoning section for creative would be a very welcome edition, as it would allow players to test advanced custom cannons in the Becto environment, which would be beneficial as Becto sometimes has different interactions and reactions than on solo worlds, or other servers, when it comes to cannoning.
    If I had to give a broad suggestion on how to set up cannoning areas, cannoning plots or even a separate cannoning server within the hub system, I would point you in the direction of oneshotmc. They seem to have cannon testing down and this set up would fit well into Becto and the new factions meta that I think will hit this season.
    - Sppicy

10. Meddi

Meddi Builder

Meddi
    Builder
    Great suggestions Dart! :)
    +1

• Great Post Great Post x 1
    • List
  11. Dartino15

Dartino15 Helper

Dartino19
    Helper
    Having a cannon environment sounds like a good idea like you said - for those who play factions but also for anyone who wants to practice cannon building or something.

Hopefully it isn't too resource-taxing on the server with the TNTs going off.

12. Jetpuffed

Jetpuffed Well-Known Member

Jetpuffed
    God
    I've implemented these suggestions, thanks!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. Dartino15

Dartino15 Helper

Dartino19
    Helper
    Thank you for implementing these suggestions @Jetpuffed , regarding those suggestions though:
    1. Plot Rating works as intended;
    2. Plot Warps work too (in the form of being able to teleport to player's plots without them having to be on), however "an internal error occurred while trying to tab-complete this command" (trying to tab-complete a username);
    3. PLUS do indeed get 3 plots now (tested with a PLUS ranked player);
    4. VIP do indeed get 4 plots now (tested with a VIP ranked player);
    5. Buying plots with IRL money/points don't seem to be implemented (yet)
    6. The addition of dailies to Creative is a nice touch, just need to update the guide and let players know about it;
    7. A sign version of the plot commands not implemented (yet)
    8. Water +lava mechanics aren't fixed - both liquids still leave remnants behind (demonstrated here: https://imgur.com/a/OpPuNcI)
    9. Cannot speak about the new unscramble words as I haven't seen any pop up so far.
    As a side note, I noticed /plots comment was added too - I have been trying to leave a comment on players' plots and no matter what I try, it keeps telling me to use "/plots comment [X;Z] <owner;public;report> <comment>"and doesn't let me give players a comment.

I read up online that the comments go through to the "/plot inbox" and when I tried that in-game, it gave me/players (who I asked to try it) a blank line in the chat.

Furthermore, I also noticed the addition of "/plot toggle [clear-confirmation;chatspy;worldedit;titles;chat]"and noticed those conditions. But when I try any of those on my own plot, I get a blank line in the chat again.

14. bunnaz

bunnaz Well-Known Member

Bunnaz
    God
    These are actually very good suggestions. +1

Especially the water and lava interactions.

15. Dartino15

Dartino15 Helper

Dartino19
    Helper
    The majority have been added, with some yet to be implemented - so I am happy knowing that I helped somewhat to improve the Creative experience.

16. Ivy_Night

Ivy_Night Well-Known Member

Ivy_Maze
    Invader
    I really like all these ideas, it might make the creative server more 'popular' as well :-D

17. CakeAndTea

CakeAndTea Member

LovingJames
    Plus
    "GIVE PLUS 3 PLOTS INSTEAD OF 2". "GIVE VIP 4 PLOTS INSTEAD OF 3". If you waste your current plots you can just clear them. By the way, you can always use a friend's plot to build on.

18. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos
    God
    Stopping posting for no reason on dead posts. It is necroposting

19. CakeAndTea

CakeAndTea Member

LovingJames
    Plus
    I honestly don't care whether or not the posts are dead. I'm giving a reason why either the post is good, bad, or stating out my opinion about what I think about it. If you have a problem with me necroposting then just leave the whole suggestion wall. Also, you're literally proceeding to necropost right now, no point in telling me to stop.

20. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos
    God
    You are necroposting, being toxic, and acting like you want to be a pain In the ass until you get banned for necroposting.