Creative Plot and/or Local chat

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by SamIsSWLTrash, Mar 12, 2019.

1. SamIsSWLTrash

SamIsSWLTrash Member

Hi, I'm Sam. I'm very new to the server and I'm very much enjoying it. The people are nice, and I'm able to do what I enjoy. I just have a suggestion about chats. I love to roleplay online, and I don't want to flood the chat with others and my own shenanigans, I think it'd be very beneficial to add in plot chat, local chat, or both. It'd cut down on lag and it'd keep the chat a bit more organized!

Have a great day,
    Sam

2. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    There is /msg if that helps, but if you are role-playing with more than one other person, there isn't another option on the server without spamming public chat. You could also use discord.

3. SamIsSWLTrash

SamIsSWLTrash Member

It's a suggestion that might make it easier, especially for those who don't like rping on discord as much. But I do see what you're getting at ^.^

4. TitanVanguard

TitanVanguard Well-Known Member

TitanVanguard
    Veteran
    Hi Sam and Welcome to Becto!

I understand from a roleplayer's perspective that you do not want to flood chat. Unfortunately, there is currently no other option available except to talk in public chat.

If a staff member goes over this, my suggestion would be to add a party or plot chat so that roleplayers and possibly others can have their own private chat room.

As to you Sam, the best I can give you for now is to ignore the negative comments from people who dislike roleplaying. If they get offensive, you can /ignore (name) them, or report it to a staff member.

Enjoy your stay! :)

5. BorderPlayz

BorderPlayz Well-Known Member

vBorder
    God
    I know there might be a plugin for plotsquared (the creative plugin) that adds plot chat. Not 100% sure though.

6. Skizzles

Skizzles Well-Known Member

ISkizzlesI
    God
    +1 keeps RP out of global chat

7. Lucas S.

Lucas S. Well-Known Member

schottler3
    Veteran
    Hi Sam. /fmsg then /fr is a thing as /msg and /r is aswell.

A party or local chat system would be beneficial.

8. CakeAndTea

CakeAndTea Member

CakeAndTea
    the discord could help <3

9. Dartino15

Dartino15 Well-Known Member

Dartino19
    God
    I think implementing a plot/party chat would be very useful in creative. It is (party chat) already implemented in Skyblock to talk to a select group of people without filling up the global chat. This same aspect can be related to Creative where roleplayers and/or players collaborating on a plot often fill up the global chat with their conversations.

Like Lucas said - /fmsg, /fr, /msg, /r are available but that is only for one person at a time.

The option of Discord is available (of course), but it takes more work to organise and it isn't as convenient as something implemented directly onto Creative.

10. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop Well-Known Member

Bloopaloop
    God
    Could just add in the party system that factions has. Would be an easy addition with little to no effort. Either way +1 to the idea.

11. DarkenedSlumber

DarkenedSlumber Active Member

DarkenedSlumber
    Raider
    massive +1
    as the only thing on creative I do is build or roleplay.