PinkUniiCorn_

Discussion in 'Pending applications' started by PinkUniicorn, May 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PinkUniicorn

PinkUniicorn Member

PinkUniiCorn_
    Invader
    Hello ! My name is Jasmin or on Becto known as PinkUniiCorn_ or short just Pink. Because I want to keep this application short, I'll just start right away :

How long have you been playing on Becto.net ?

- I am on Becto since august or september 2018.
    Before this I already played Minecraft on other Servers for already a few years, until I found Becto.

How often are you online ?

-
    I had a break for like a month because of studying but now I am back here :)
    In the weekends I play a lot, like 3-5h. Sometimes even longer.
    Under the week I play 1-3h in the evenings after my work.

What game modes you are most active on ?

-
    Of course I also tried the other modes, but my favourite mode is still Skyblock, and thats where I am usually online the whole time !

Why are you right for the job ? How can you contribute to the team ?

- I try to help a lot of players, especially new players. I try to show them some important things like the shops and help them with their farms, sometimes also other problems etc.
    Another thing is, that all staff members are online on other times, which is a good thing. So for example do I also see things that happen when they're offline.
    Another thing which is important is, that I have experience on the server, know how things work and know how to help people.
    I would also have some ideas for Becto, for events and more !

I am also active on discord (PinkUniiCorn_#9171), so you can contact me at any time :)

Have you ever been banned or muted ?

- No.

Something about myself :

- My name is Jasmin like I already said. I am 20 years old, from Germany and so I speak German and English. I already graduated High School, and at the moment I study.
    I play minecraft already for a long time, not only on the Pc, also on the Playstation where I am also active. I am very creative and really enjoy to play Minecraft. Especially on Becto, because the community is very friendly. I learn really fast and I am always open to new things ! I am a very social person and try to help as much as I can, of course not only on the internet :)

I think this are the most important things about me.

Thank you for taking the time to read this,
    I hope I can become a part of the Becto-Team, I would give my best !
    -Jasmin / PinkUniiCorn_

LevelMC.png

2. MVKay52

MVKay52 Well-Known Member

ImMk
    Veteran
    You have a good amount of play time! You seem like a nice person and would be able to communicate with players in skyblock.

However, This is your first forums post, which means that you are not active in the community outside of skyblock. I don’t believe you would be able to assist anybody with the biggest problem this server faces, which is hacking. You need to be able to know what combat and non-combat hacks look like, and I don’t think you know how to.

Why did you say that you want to keep the application short? Are you in a rush? Why not elaborate on some of the skills you think you have?

Why don’t you use the next 2 months to stay active on the forums and tell us about the ideas you have? Get to know the staff, play different game modes, join the becto discord server.

You say in your application that you have experience on the server, while I believe that you have experience on skyblock, I don’t believe you have experience on factions, prison, or kitpvp at all.

I’d love to hear your ideas on the forums and see you apply again in 2 months.

3. MVKay52

MVKay52 Well-Known Member

ImMk
    Veteran
    [EDIT]

Also, while reviewing your application, I noticed that a lot of your sentences consist of improper grammar. I understand that you are foreign, but it may be hard for you to help players if they have s hard time understanding you.

4. Felicette

Felicette Admin

Felicette
    Admin
    Get your Becto Discord server (you're in it, but not active) and Forums activity up and explore other servers and, in your next application, I'd be more willing to give you a +1. I haven't really seen you on other gamemodes, nor do I really see you type in chat that much so you may want to present yourself to the community a bit more.

If you have ideas ideas for events and Becto as a whole, suggest them instead of holding them as a reason you should be staff. https://becto.net/suggestion/

Additionally I noticed you and BWiXXT applied at relatively the same time, when I checked that you both haven't had any restrictions I noticed you two share an IP. Why didn't you mention this in your application? If a staff member's account can be accessed by an individual who isn't staff, it wouldn't be acceptable.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Great Post Great Post x 1
    • List
  5. Piccoman

Piccoman Well-Known Member

NessFire
    Invader
    I really don't think you should be saying this for everyone to see if a person does not want to disclose this information he/she is not obligated when applying for staff.

I am going to have to give you a -1 Pinkunicorn, because you haven't talked about your ability to catch cheaters and you only talked about your ability to help others out and report players which you can continue to do without a rank. (low forum) activity as well

6. Felicette

Felicette Admin

Felicette
    Admin
    I understand where you're coming from, I messaged Pink on Discord and asked if it was okay if it was still on the application or if they wanted it to be removed and she said it was alright. Sorry if you had assumed I meant any malicious harm, my intention by mentioning it was nothing but a little thing to clear up.

7. PinkUniicorn

PinkUniicorn Member

PinkUniiCorn_
    Invader
    I'm sorry that I am not so active on all the other modes, I just enjoy Skyblock a lot and I am really far there. I just opened up my new warp and it is really taking off! :-D

I have played Factions for a while with my boyfriend, and also played Prison for a while with a friend of mine. PVP is not really my thing, that's why I prefer something like Skyblock. It is and will be my favourite mode on Becto.net. :)

I wasn't in a rush, I am just not really good at these things. I don't really know what to write, but do my very best! :-O

8. PinkUniicorn

PinkUniicorn Member

PinkUniiCorn_
    Invader
    I wasn't aware that the forums and Discord server had so much going on. I'm sorry for that. I just enjoy playing on Becto.net a lot that I sometimes forget about these things. :)

BWiXXT is my boyfriend, and we keep our passwords private. He is just with me at the moment and that's why the IP is the same. But we do not share passwords or other sensitive information. :)

I do type a lot in chat on Skyblock, always trying to help people and talking to friends. :-O But sometimes I am just busy building my farms or something else, so then I am a bit more quiet. :)

9. PinkUniicorn

PinkUniicorn Member

PinkUniiCorn_
    Invader
    You are right that I haven't mentioned that, but I did mention I am a fast learner and open to new things. That's why I want to take this oppertunity. :)

10. Marvelous

Marvelous Well-Known Member

UnclePub
    God
    Sorry, but if we have to be honest I'm gonna give you a -1 it would be different if your staff application has more information about your experience or if you had mod or not ect, and the forum activity is low like you just create an account to just apply for mod.

11. PinkUniicorn

PinkUniicorn Member

PinkUniiCorn_
    Invader
    I don't have Mod experience, in that you are correct. But like I clarified in my last post I am willing to learn and try new things. Hence my application. And how am I supposed to get any kind of experience if I don't get the chance? I have this account already since a short time after I joined Becto.net. So it's not like I just created it, I just haven't been very active on the forums, because I didn't know it was so active. But I am willing to work on it for sure! :-D

12. Felicette

Felicette Admin

Felicette
    Admin
    Thanks for clearing this up! If I see you more active on the Forums, Discord, and other gamemodes I'll be open to giving you a +1.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    1) get to know all the game modes
    2) be active on the forums
    3) be active on discord
    4) Very suitable for staff, and plays skyblock
    -1, but huge +1 if you can do items 1,2 & 3. You are always helpful in game too.

14. Peepsibabe

Peepsibabe Builder

Peepsibabe
    Builder
    Firstly, you have no forum and discord activity. You should be involved with the community as a staff member.

Secondly, your application is pretty bad. It is very undetailed and doesn't tell me a lot about you and your abilities. I also agree with what Piccoman and Marvelous said.

15. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop Well-Known Member

Bloopaloop
    God
    The one thing that sticks out and has been mentioned in the comments also is that your general activity can only be found on the skyblock server, you lack it absolutely everywhere else, other servers, forums, discord etc. Another troubling doubt or issue is if you're even able to properly moderate a pvp server as you aren't accustomed with it. Your lack of mod experience is the real nail in the coffin so to say.

Having staff on a server isn't all flowers and rainbows as people assume, it's a position that shackles you down, it will try your patience and be very annoying and stressful at times. You seem like a generally nice person but if you were to receive staff I don't see you venturing off from Skyblock and other pve servers and if you did somewhere down the road will be a toxic event(s) that make you default back to Skyblock where you're comfortable, and sadly we don't need just a chat moderator. It's a -1 from me.

16. Auttumnnn

Auttumnnn Well-Known Member

Auttumnnn
    God
    You seem like you could be a good addition to the team! As previously mentioned, you have low discord and forums activity, and you aren't active enough on other game modes. Bloop made a good point about how being staff involves dealing with a lot of toxicity, and it isn't all rainbows and butterflies. I wouldn't want to see you deal with a toxic situation and then react negatively and go back to Skyblock where it's "safe" and comfortable. I'm going to stay neutral for now, and I hope to see you in game sometime :)

17. Vindigo

Vindigo Mod

Vindigo
    Mod
    Sadly it's a -1 from me. Most of the points have been made here already. I just want to add that I feel like you're not fantastic at communicating/ voicing your concerns and opinions which is something quite crucial to being a staff member. You seem like a good person, with a bit of extra work I think you could be fit for staff in the future!

18. Jedz

Jedz Well-Known Member

Jedz
    Raider
    I think you would be a great addition to the staff team after you have spent some time going through and making sime improvments to what people have stated above like forums/discord activity and getting to know others servers aside from skyblock, if you can do this in the next two months and then reapply I woulkd be happy to give you a +1 then :)

19. Lurf

Lurf Helper

LOAFTHELOAF
    Helper
    Unfortunately, I think I'm going to need to give you a -1. Your forums/discord activity is very low and you're mainly active on only one game mode. While being a staff member, people are going to ask for help from servers other than skyblock. Also, I'm not going to really revise what bloop said, but I agree with the points she makes as well.

20. Mildsawss

Mildsawss Admin

MildSawss
    Admin
    Application looks GREAT!

Moving to Pending,
    expect to hear from us VERY soon!​

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.