Pigasaur

Discussion in 'Declined applications' started by PigsPaluza, Nov 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PigsPaluza

PigsPaluza Active Member

Pigasaur
    God
    Discord: Pigasaur#0572

Age: My birthday is August 23, 2002. (I am 16) My forums account says my birthday was in 1999 but this is not correct I don't know why it says this I created the account a long time ago and I may have mistyped or something along those lines. I can provide government ID to prove birthdate and all that if necessary. Sorry.

How long have you been playing Becto.net?

I got my 1 year forums anniversary for this server today actually which means that I probably have been playing your Minecraft server for about a year and a few months. My in game playing time is approaching 3 weeks since I've gotten back into Minecraft after taking a short break for some of my rigorous AP courses in school.

How long are you online?

Monday - Friday
    I typically get back from school around 3:30 pm EST and can play till around 8:00 to 9:00 pm with short breaks.

Weekends
    On weekends if I do not have any events going on I can play several hours during the day (somewhere between 4 - 6 hours depending on how much work I need to get done) At night I will probably get on around 7:00 pm and can play until 2:30 am if necessary but I typically get off around 12:00 to 1:00 am.

What game modes are you typically on?

My favorite game mode is factions and I spend a good deal on there because I have a good friend group that goes back to early season 4.
    I have also gotten into Kitpvp because I started talking to some of the really nice high ranking people and they have showed me the ways to do well on there.
    I also spend some time on Prisons because my friend Hidden_Hawkins got me into it and it is probably the best way to get in game levels. (I am currently level 151)

Why are you right for the job?

I currently have took a few classes off my schedule and have a LOT of more free time now. I thought that I would have a lot better state of mind dealing with less classes but instead I have time that I wish I could use. I feel that being staff on this server would be perfect. I would have a huge motivation to be active because having a feeling of being part of something like this is everything to me since I haven't been included in much in my life. I would be committed to nothing but bettering the server because if it went away I don't know what I would do. I would do everything in my power to keep this server in my life and everyone else who finds it a good place to spend time. I have had some past experience trying to run a server with some old friends a while ago but they all never got more than 2 or 3 players. We had all the good qualities you see in successful servers like this one but we just didn't know how to properly attract people. I would really like to use the skills I've picked up from my many years on Minecraft to do my best to try to make this server a better place than when I joined it.

How can you contribute to the team?

Recently I have completed a AP Computer Science course that taught the computer language Java. I would say I am pretty well versed in it and can write pretty intricate codes and if we ever need coding I'm your man. I am very familiar with all the commands that come with all staff positions and I know that I can excel in this and be one of the best you have seen. I have an extremely positive mood that can never be tarnished even when I'm berated in school and I feel that that is a great quality in staff because they get so much heat from everyone when they are forced to make the tough decisions. I can provide help with any form of Minecraft problems since I've been playing since mid 2012.

Have you ever been banned or muted?

I have been muted once a very long time ago but it was a minor offense and I was only muted for a day or less. I am pretty sure I have no other offenses but memory isn't the best and I sincerely apologize if I am wrong.

A little bit about yourself...

Ah. My favorite subject. Talking about me. My name is Ethan Magann and I am from Virginia, United States. I live in the country with quite a few pets including two dogs, some goats, a donkey, and a llama. I am currently an 11th grader (or year 12 in European countries) in High School. I am aspiring to major in Civil Engineering and go on to be a General Contractor. I am currently taking all junior core classes like Precalculus, Anatomy, US History, Honors Spanish, and English 11. I am also taking some elective classes like Band and AP Computer Science. I do many extracurricular activities like FTC Robotics, Debate club, Academic Team, and SADD club. My favorite is FTC Robotics which is a club where my and my peers spend a portion of the year constructing a robot that will perform certain tasks then we take it to a competition to see who's gets the most points. My favorite thing to do outside of Minecraft is it to take my Pug in my truck to Lone Star Lakes and watch the going ons of the lakes in my flatbed and let her go swimming.

Alright that about sums it up. To who ever is reading this I thank you for taking your time to read it and hope everyone has a nice day.

Thanks,
    Ethan 'Pigasaur' Magann

2. Flavourful

Flavourful Well-Known Member

flav0urful
    God
    your application looks really great! it's very detailed and it shows that you put effort into it. i've seen you on prison and kitpvp and you're very positive and helpful. to add on to the positives, your playtime is just over 2 weeks, which is great!

my only concern is that you've been a member of the forums for a year now, but this is your first message. are you familiar with the forums?

i'll look at some of the feedback from other players, but for now, i'll remain neutral :_)

3. Lucas S.

Lucas S. Helper

schottler3
    Helper
    I can tell you put in time and effort towards this application. I like the application itself. I'm questioning on the fact that today is your 1 year anniversary on the forums and this is your first message. I'm assuming the one 1 anniversary notification called you back. Neutral for now.

4. Intorem

Intorem Member

Intorem
    Plus
    Hi @PigsPaluza,

You are slightly rude to be in-game and I'd say you shouldn't be trusted with staff-commands. Your actions lowers yourchances. My decision is -1.

Regards,
    Intorem

5. PigsPaluza

PigsPaluza Active Member

Pigasaur
    God
    I am sorry you feel this way and I am uncertain how you reached this conclusion since I haver never actually talked to you in game. Anyways thanks for the feedback.

6. Jedz

Jedz Well-Known Member

Jedz
    VIP
    app looks good, if you continue to increase your activity not just in-game and on the forums i'll move my neutral to a +1 :)

7. Shadow≡

Shadow≡ Member

HolidayChristmas
    VIP
    It's your first here but your play time looks good I have actually never seen you in game soi don't know your attitude so I am going for a +0 for now.

8. PigsPaluza

PigsPaluza Active Member

Pigasaur
    God
    Thank you so much for the feedback I am definitely going to do my best to improve my forum time no matter how the application goes.

9. PigsPaluza

PigsPaluza Active Member

Pigasaur
    God
    Dang I must have missed you in game I will definitely look out for you now!

10. PigsPaluza

PigsPaluza Active Member

Pigasaur
    God
    I don't have the notifications on but when I came back to the forums it was there. I do aspire to try and be a v very active forums member in the future no matter what. Thanks for the feedback!

11. PigsPaluza

PigsPaluza Active Member

Pigasaur
    God
    Thank you so much and I have noticed you a couple times in game too. I am familiar with the forums since I have always kept up with the news and updates here but I haven't made any comments since I wasn't logged in. Thanks for the feedback!

12. Boneknapper

Boneknapper Helper

VenomMayCherie
    Helper
    Not to be rude or anything but do you really and truly know the community on discord, and the forums? If you can answer this for me then I'll think about giving you a +1, -1. Just knowing the in game community isn't enough.

13. PigsPaluza

PigsPaluza Active Member

Pigasaur
    God
    I do know the community pretty well and I follow the forums. I would be glad to answer any questions to prove my knowledge if that's what you would like. Thanks for the feedback.

14. Boneknapper

Boneknapper Helper

VenomMayCherie
    Helper
    Being a staff member means you have a job to do, as in doing a majority of work on the forums as well so just 'following the forums' wouldn't be enough.

15. PigsPaluza

PigsPaluza Active Member

Pigasaur
    God
    I understand this but as I am not staff yet and have no perms I couldn't do anything right now. If I ever get perms then I will definitely have more to do than follow the forums and I would be way more involved.

16. Marvelous

Marvelous Well-Known Member

Publerincen
    God
    This application is very detailed, but you said you were muted. Do you remember why?

17. Hidden_Hacks

Hidden_Hacks Well-Known Member

Hidden_Hawkins
    God
    I will list 3 reasons why you should be staff and shouldn't be, trying to sound unbiased.

Good Staff member traits
    - Firstly i would like to talk about his character as a whole. This man is a very respectable person within our group of friends and i have honestly never heard him curse or get angry in over a year of knowing him. Obviously there were moments of frustration whilst on the server. An example would be his base being raided on factions and loosing all of the items, now if this happened to most people they would get angry at the person/people who took their in game items but not Ethan. He got right back up and started again without even a flinch which shows determination.

- Confidence. This is something Ethan does not lack. He is very comfortable speaking with new people on discord which as staff member is a good trait. Although Pigasaur is not active on the Becto Discord or the forums i am absolutely positive from making this application that will change, accepted or not. Also, when in doubt he is not shy to ask for help have it be through friends or staff.

- Loyalty / Trustworthy. I met Ethan over a year ago on factions (season 4) During that season we were not always in the same faction for multiple reasons but i knew he was a player i could trust with all of my items, even if i had gone a week without talking to him i would know that he would not be greedy and take the game changing items which in most cases people would. He would rename items with color for people including myself who were not a god rank. These are just small examples of how he does not 'scam' people for anything.

Bad staff member traits

- He Mainly plays factions. It is a requirement for all staff members to be familiar with all of the communities and rules within them. Of course there are six ( factions, Survival, Creative, Kitpvp, Skyblock and prison) and i know you are familiar with factions, Kitpvp and prison enough to enforce the rules. When it comes to Skyblock, Survival and creative i think you do not know the players based there and may be unfamiliar with the rules or familiar to a point below standard for a staff member. Although, saying this i am confident that you would not enforce a rule without triple checking either through a staff member or on the website that it applies to the server you are monitoring.

-
    Discord and the forums - At the time i am writing this you are not active on the forums or the Becto discord which would be an issue if i did not know your character. You are active on other discord servers, your own discord server, which is thriving in traffic. I can comfortably say that activity on the discord will be no issue for you and befriending staff to fill in any questions you would have. As for the forums i am sure you will get the hang of it, i recommend going through at least 5 posts through each section which will give you an insight on how to handle each section and how formal you have to be.

-
    Taking a break - I would like to point out that you took a break lasting at least three months from Minecraft around the same time as me. The reasoning that i could gather is that playing on factions where we were based is very time consuming and demands constant attention.

Assuming
    you got staff and came into the same situation where an issue came up so you could not spend as much time on the server, how would you deal with it?

In conclusion, all of the negatives and positives of your staffing abilities leads me to a +1. What i have listed just shows you are a character that will well represent the staff team at all times (even without a staff rank). Just like every other staff member before you, there is stuff you need to learn. From now on i would like to see more of you helping people in chat, Discord and the forums and get to know the server communities a bit better. I am confident you will handle any situation that this application brings, maturely. Good luck my friend!

-SideNote- From what i have seen Ethan has had a very traditional upbringing and calls his father 'sir' which is very foreign to me. So a message to all of the senior staff members, don't be surprised if you get the same treatment. My Point is he respects authority verbally.

18. Laminae

Laminae Admin

MildSawss
    Admin
    Hidden said everything and then some. Beautiful reply to this application. I'm going to remain neutral for now to see where this goes.

19. SkyHighTiger

SkyHighTiger Well-Known Member

SkyHighTiger
    Veteran
    upload_2018-11-27_14-24-38.png -1

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  20. PigsPaluza

PigsPaluza Active Member

Pigasaur
    God
    Omg thank you so much for such a great response. I am honored that I have such a great light in your eyes and I thank you sincerely for everything not just this but for being my friend on here and showing me the ways of Becto when I was just starting out.
    PS don't make me cry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.