Pets?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Alecia, Nov 9, 2017.

?

Do you have a pet?

1. yes

23 vote(s)
    95.8%
  2. no

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  1. CoolM3M3s

CoolM3M3s Member

How is one being ignorant because they dislike something? That's his opinion. If he said "all snakes are bad for the enviroment" then that would be an ignorant statement. I think you misunderstand what ignorant means

2. Marvelous

Marvelous Well-Known Member

UnclePub
    God
    Agreed.

3. Jetpuffed

Jetpuffed Well-Known Member

Jetpuffed
    God
    No, I think you misunderstand what ignorant means. Saying "EW SNAKESSS" is extremely rude and disrespectful for reptile keepers. Many fear snakes because they know nothing about them, which is why I say he is ignorant.

4. CoolM3M3s

CoolM3M3s Member

If someone says "eww dogs" that makes them ignorant? He didn't say anything that was being ignorant, he's just stating he doesn't like snakes. People have different preferences so they're not gonna like the same thing as you.

5. Marvelous

UnclePub
    God

"Ewww snakes" Meaning as I don't like snakes and I do know this.
    Snakes eat mice and cockroaches and I'd understand of why you want a snake as a pet so your snakes can eat them and wont have problem's with them. And I know why you called me "Ignorant" Is because you said "I don't know anything about them" And yes you're right I've don't. I'm not a expert at snakes, all I know is what they eat, and what they look like,I was just referring to that I don't like snakes as pets Its my own opinion. If someone says "Ewww dogs" I would respect that cause other people have different opinions about pets. But that does not make me ignorant.

6. Lucas S.

Lucas S. Well-Known Member

schottler3
    Veteran
    ig·no·rant
    ˈiɡnərənt/
    adjective
    1. lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.
      "he was told constantly that he was ignorant and stupid"

7. Jetpuffed

Jetpuffed Well-Known Member

Jetpuffed
    God
    My point was that you purposely went out of your way to express to me and everyone else that you dislike snakes in an immature and rude manner.

8. Marvelous

UnclePub
    God
    And calling someone ignorant isn't rude and inmature? k you need to not take things so seriously.

9. Venerg

Venerg Well-Known Member

Venerg
    God
    I like the fact that we can make a drama from a friendly topic.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop Well-Known Member

Bloopaloop
    God
    I have 2 dogs and 1 cat. As far as the other comments in this thread let's not derail the thread too much and cause drama. Everyone has their own opinion and although it may differ from your own there is no reason to bash it. I understand that it can be difficult being a reptile keeper as the popular opinion is usually distasteful when it comes to snakes but you can't take it all out on just one person because their opinion differs from yours. I don't think his intention was to put you down. A lot of anger is spreading from this thread on both sides, let's not continue this any longer. Enough has been said already, let's not turn a discussion of pet's turn into a flame war.

11. Flavourful

Flavourful Well-Known Member

flav0urful
    God
    1 dog and 3 cats :')

12. Sinyk

Sinyk Well-Known Member

Sinyk
    Veteran
    I love pets! I tried to start a thread with pictures...cause who doesn't love seeing cute animals?!?!

13. F3rrets_

F3rrets_ Member

A dog, a cat, and a ferret :3 Aren't animals just great?

14. Boneknapper

Boneknapper Well-Known Member

MikaKrulYu
    God
    I want a snake! <3 Jet can I buy one from you? Please? <3

But, I have 4 Dogs, a cat that acts like a dog, many rabbits, and many fish.

15. Mildsawss

Mildsawss Admin

MildSawss
    Admin
    As cool as it is to say how many pets you have, try to make a brand new thread that's updated and active. This thread was from nearly an entire year ago, that's called Necroposting (Bringing the dead posts back to life after a considerable amount of time)

#35 Mildsawss, Oct 9, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  16. Vindigo

Vindigo Mod

Vindigo
    Mod
    I have a dog and a horse :)

17. Boneknapper

MikaKrulYu
    God
    Always wanted a horse :-( dad said no.

18. Vindigo

Vindigo Mod

Vindigo
    Mod
    I waited super long for my horsey but she was soo worth it!

19. Boneknapper

MikaKrulYu
    God
    Dad says I have to many animals to being with lmao.

20. asphyxiq

asphyxiq Member

a_XIQ
    Plus
    i have a dog and a rat! i did have a gecko i adopted from a bad home where she was treated poorly but she sadly passed away around a month ago because her health was SO bad... :c