permanent IP ban for second offense

Discussion in 'Declined suggestions' started by MVKay52, Apr 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MVKay52

MVKay52 Well-Known Member

ImMk
    Veteran
    A second offense hacker , in my opinion, shows no remorse for their actions and no indication of an interest in the server. I believe that once someone has shown that they do not plan on behaving, they should immediately be IP banned permanently.

Thoughts?

2. Felicette

Felicette Admin

Felicette
    Admin
    IP bans aren't always necessary, and it's up to the Admin who bans the player permanently.

3. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop Well-Known Member

Bloopaloop
    God
    The current system for bans is fine but when a permanent ban is issued it should also include IP.

4. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    Can you do a 7 day ip ban. So to not have people logging in on secondary accounts.

5. CakeAndTea

CakeAndTea Member

LovingJames
    Plus
    i agree with Shaqs. being perm banned just means that other people will start getting impatient and bored and start messing around on their secondary accounts which honestly isn't worth it, due to it actually being your second chance to behave on Becto. a 7 day ban to me is long enough. people can get on secondary accounts but it'll be easy to tell it's the same person if on level 1 or continues to screw around. and there are several punishments besides a one day ban or a 7 day ban.

1: Being inappropriate in chat. i myself, have been banned from Becto for a day for being very rude in chat and muted by Felicette, but was i banned for a whole week? no. it was my first time being banned and being banned for 7 days straight on a mute is an unfair punishment.

2: Exploiting. an exploit or maybe hacking the whole server (unlikely) can lead to a 7 day ban or perm ban depending how big it was.

my point is a perm ban will rarely happen. if it were to happen, the problem has to be big such as crashing the whole Becto server. besides that, i'm on with the idea. it just depends on how serious the issue is. +1

6. CakeAndTea

CakeAndTea Member

LovingJames
    Plus
    i understand that you're talking about an offense hacker, but i'm just bringing up punishments that are relevant to the idea because some hacks are small, some are big. but they can't be immediately banned on the spot. staff are very inactive, and i'm not sure how quickly someone who is a staff on Becto can just ban the person within two minutes. the hacker will be there for awhile. but a perm ban is an equal punishment depending how what kind of hack they use or how big it is. but i suggest you take Shaq's idea under consideration due to him bringing up others going on secondary accounts and screwing around, again.

7. Cloudy

Cloudy Well-Known Member

Cloudeh_
    God
    If this were to happen, Bas would have to grant every staff with access to IP and permanent banning, as it would be way too much extra work for admins+ to fulfil all of the requests that will surely come in.

We obviously cannot trust younger staff with those permissions, as if they go on a rogue banning spree, reversing those actions would be a lot harder.

As staff, the higher your rank, the longer duration that you can ban for. So, adding this would just nullify the whole progression and gaining trust as a staff member.

#7 Cloudy, Apr 14, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  8. MVKay52

MVKay52 Well-Known Member

ImMk
    Veteran
    my point is, theres is no benefit from giving a hacker a THIRD chance on the server, because it is obvious that they:

1. Don't care if they get banned
    2. Don't plan on playing seriously

There is no reason not to perm ban when it is clear that they are just trying to be toxic for their own amusement. CakeandTea, you said that "the problem has to be big such as crashing the whole Becto server," well, I believe that that mentality should change, and the problem that constitutes an IP ban should been seen as a second offense or a ban bypass.

9. Mildsawss

Mildsawss Admin

MildSawss
    Admin
    Moving this to declined.

Reasoning:
    We already have a system that works very well. We don't like to slap IP bans down either, as that should always be an extreme, last resort.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.