Peepsibabe

Discussion in 'Pending applications' started by Peepsibabe, Jul 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peepsibabe

Peepsibabe Builder

Peepsibabe
    Builder
    How long I’ve been playing on Becto

I first joined the server back in 2016 but I started actually playing when I was asked to build something for the server in March 2017. That is when I was first promoted to builder, and I’ve been playing pretty much ever since.

/level:
    https://gyazo.com/56b6ead78d98d46a62ea0e4b0e5a50a8

How often I’m online for

I don’t have a specific time set everyday to get on Minecraft. It all depends on what I am doing each day, like spending time with family, school, and hanging out with friends; however, I am on every day for at least an hour and a half, talking to players, building, playing on all the servers, or browsing the forums. On weekdays, I will probably be less active than I would be on weekends, but it all depends on what I have planned each day. I am most active mainly in the evening, until after midnight (PST). With all of that said, I am able to put in 10-12 hours into Becto a week, give or take.

The gamemodes you’ll find me on the most

The server I play on the most is Creative, Kitpvp and Survival. However, I pop on to the other server from time to time to check out what’s going on and to talk to other players. I am aware that as a staff member, I would have to sometimes forfeit my playtime on my preferred server to moderate the other ones.

Why I’m right for the job and how I can contribute

I am right for the job because of the experience I have with dealing with players and being a staff member in general.

If you didn’t already know I was a Moderator for Becto for a few months in 2017. I initially was a builder for the network where my main duty was to build things, more specifically spawns/mob arenas/etc. whenever I was requested to my the administration team. As a builder, oddly enough, I was given permissions to mute players who broke chat rules because I was a trusted individual by the owner. After building for the server for quite some time, I came to the conclusion that I wanted to do more than just punish chat rule breakers. For that exact reason, I applied for moderator just like everybody else and went through the acceptance and screening stage. I was Moderator for a few months. To add on to that, this was the first professional large-scale server I took part in as a staff member. Through this, I learned how to mature myself as well as handle certain situations better.

Also, I have recently left the staff team of a server by the name of MineSaga. MineSaga was a large skyblock-based network that reached 2000 players daily, and once peaked at over 5000 players. I was first recruited as a Helper and then I worked my way up to a Mod. As a Mod, my role was to moderate chat, handle ban appeals, player reports, as well as taking care of cheaters. With all that I have learned from being staff on MineSaga, it has definitely prepared me to be staff on Becto again.

Although moderating on an actual Minecraft server may give you a lot of experience working with specific kind of scenarios, having a job in real life can also teach you how to overcome obstacles and challenges, and grow as a person. I personally knew the owner/manager at the first place I worked at before I was granted a job there, therefore I was aware of what was going on, and how he liked things to work, giving me that extra edge over other applicants. I’ve worked there for over three years, and I am mainly behind the cashier. However, sometimes I am there to stock the shelves, or other things to help around. Recently I have left that position and I just got a new job at Ikea. At Ikea, I am once again working behind the cashier, but I also have to drive around the forklift, and put everything on the shelves in the warehouse. Being an employee at two different places for almost four years, has helped me become a better person overall. Talking and working with people I encounter during my work has definitely improved how I act and behave around others. I don’t plan on working here my whole life, but whenever I start my career, this definitely will have helped me, as well as my work ethic.

I can contribute to the server because of the dedication I have. No matter what the circumstance is, I am willing to spend time working on the situation, until there is a positive outcome. Things can sometimes run into hiccups, but I try my best to overcome the obstacles. I can bring positive vibes to the server, and community in general. Helping players learn their way around the server is important, but also teaching and helping other new staff members is just as important. I can share some of my techniques/skills with newcomers by mentoring them, which could ultimately lead to them being a great staff member. Also, other staff members could teach me some of their strategies, and that would make me a much better staff member. There are also some occurrences that some staff may not know how to deal with, such as when a player brings bots on the server, which would either spam chat or help them with pvp. With the experiences I have, I could be a great addition to the staff team. I want to watch Becto grow, but more importantly help it grow.

My past punishments

Unfortunately, I have been punished a couple times in the past. As many of you may know, in late 2017, a few friends and I duped a lot of keys, items, and money on Prison. I found out that I was able to use my world edit permissions on every server, so I put items in a chest, and then copy and pasted the chests. I am not proud of this in anyway, and I am stupid for doing it. I understand the damage I caused to the server, and I apologize to everyone I harmed through this. My second punishment is something I still don't quite understand. I was permanently muted in the beginning of 2018 for a reason I don't remember. The person who muted me told me that I was muted for saying "resign gang" on the forums on a post where another staff member resigned. I was resigning from builder. I personally don't believe I should've been muted in-game for something that happened on the forums, but I honestly deserved it for the type of person I was then. I understand this was a very immature comment, and I regret saying it.

I hope all of you can look past this, as it was all over a year and a half ago. I would also like to add to my first punishment, this was my builder permissions I abused. I still have some major things I can abuse with my builder permissions now, but I don't have any plans of doing so. I never have abused any of my Mod permissions, and I never will. I hope you can all understand that I have changed, I am trustworthy now, and never want to go back to my old self. I have become pretty good friends with Bas, and I want nothing but to support him, and if I can do that through moderating the server, I will do that. I know some of you think its a risk letting something who did what I did, a staff position. I understand that, but I hope you can understand me, and know that I will never do something like this again.

A bit about me

My name is Kyler, or you can call me Peep. I am 19 years old, and I am currently attending a flight school. I have recently acquired my private pilot license, but I am still going to work my way up to a commercial pilot license. With all the free time I have, I like to go to the gym, and hang out with my friends and family. With my friends and family, I usually go hunting with them, riding dirt bikes, and other outdoor activities. Or if its a rainy day, I like to just hang out. I don't have a lot of time these days, so I go whenever I can.

Thank you for taking the time to read over my application and hopefully considering me for the position.
    Kind Regards,
    Kyler

2. Cloudy

Cloudy Admin

Cloudeh_
    Admin
    Great experience and definitely friendly and easy to work with. He has earned his second chance and I honestly believe he has changed since the incident, +1.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  3. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    A very good personality, incredible builder, there is one thing that isn't up to where I think it should be is activity. You are a novice on the forums, and that is perfect. Your forums activity is also great, at 560 something posts. Your game activity for a little more than 2 years when you claim to really start playing, is less attractive. Your level is 123, as a point of reference, my level is 175, after playing about 13 months. While you say you don't play a ton of the servers where grinding blazes for sets is a thing, I still think your level after 2+ years should be higher. Neutral got now due to in my mind inactivity in game.

4. MVKay52

MVKay52 Well-Known Member

ImMk
    Veteran
    It makes sense what you are saying, but You have to remember that creative doesn’t give much experience.

Also, peep has more than enough playtime and experience no matter how long ago he joined and there’s nothing to say he won’t be more active as a staff member.

He knows his way around all of the servers and understands how they work (cuz he built em) and already works for the network, and as far as I’m concerned that’s more than enough qualification

5. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop Well-Known Member

Bloopaloop
    God
    This application is so well written it almost brings a tear to my eyes. I've been around for about 2 years give or take and have seen the changes you've made with yourself. You redeemed yourself for your past actions and were granted builder back and have done a great job since then. You present yourself in a way that is very fitting of a staff member. To be honest I didn't expect you to apply but I'm glad you did. I think you'd be a great asset to Becto and believe you have the appropriate knowledge required to staff all or a majority of the servers. Your activity on every platform of Becto is what every potential staff member should have and none of this activity is just a recent thing you've kept up with it for a very long period of time. Hands down the most important part is you don't shove a ton of buttons on every map like some builders I know. On a serious note though it feels good to finally be able to give someone a +1 and I'm honestly glad it is you. If it wasn't obvious from my last sentence I'd like to be absolutely clear huge +1 to you being staff. Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  6. Meddi

Meddi Builder

Meddi
    Builder
    and also +1 peep
    good friend, good builder, good staff

7. Sonoma

Sonoma Well-Known Member

Sonoh
    God
    Very mature and definitely well deserving of staff.
    Well written application.
    See you ingame
    Extremely active on forums
    +1 from me

8. Peepsibabe

Peepsibabe Builder

Peepsibabe
    Builder
    Thanks for the comment. I understand your concern, but like ImMk said, creative gives off little to no experience and that is of course is where I have to spend the majority of my time. I have played each server for a little while at one point, and I still hop every server for at least a little bit, sometimes just to run around and talk to players. Although my level is low, I still have a lot of knowledge about each server.

9. Peepsibabe

Peepsibabe Builder

Peepsibabe
    Builder
    Thank you Bloop, it means a lot coming from you. And I would never put tons of buttons on a map, whoever does that is weird :eyes:

10. LillithxXxCloud

LillithxXxCloud Well-Known Member

LillithxXxCloud
    VIP
    As shaqs said above, your forums activity and level concern me slightly. I know that the same amount of experience isn't given for being in creative, but that shows how much you are on creative if your level is low.

However, very well worded application. You seem to be a very mature fit for staff, but I'd like to see you more active on the server other than creative for longer periods of time and more active on the forums as well.

Neutral for me, but could be changed to a +1 if activity increased.

11. Peepsibabe

Peepsibabe Builder

Peepsibabe
    Builder
    I will definitely start playing on other servers more. Thank you for the comment.

12. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    As you have played for 2 + years I still believe playing on all the servers to have a general knowledge on all of them is needed, but as I look at your lvl peep, I see 12 weeks of playtime, and I haven't known you to afk. You also have 11mil blocks walked, so I think that you are now adequately active now. Just make sure to have a general knowledge of all servers, +1 now, will make a good staff member.

13. Peepsibabe

Peepsibabe Builder

Peepsibabe
    Builder
    Thank you shaq. I will still play on every server as much as I can, and expand on what I already know about each server.

14. Makeb

Makeb Well-Known Member

Makeb
    God
    Your application is pretty great, Peepsibabe! I like honest people who admit about their past mistakes and man up to them. Those kind of people deserve second chances.

I've met Peepsibabe personally few times in-game. Great person to get along with when chatting with him and of course, he like to joke around. And he's pretty active all around on the forums and on Discord.

I believe that you would make a great addition to the staff team!

1+

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  15. Sonoma

Sonoma Well-Known Member

Sonoh
    God
    Yes I even saw you on kit
    Definitely an active player across the becto network
    Extremely fit for staff and even has a history of staffing on here,

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  16. AllyZally

AllyZally Admin

AllyZally
    Admin
    You're an active builder who has an amazing style. You duped some keys almost 2 years ago according to you, but calmly explaining that and remaining as a builder has proved to me alone that you've learned from that mistake. Sure, its a big one, but at the same time we all make mistakes and we all learn and move past them. I don't really see any major issues with you joining the team. Push comes to shove you're always welcome to re-begin your journey as a helper and go from there if trust is an issue. We need active folks willing to work alongside of the rest of us and seeing as you already do that I think you would be a great addition.

Having said that, personally its a +1 from me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  17. Peepsibabe

Peepsibabe Builder

Peepsibabe
    Builder
    Thank all of you for the supportive comments!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  18. Jetpuffed

Jetpuffed Well-Known Member

Jetpuffed
    God
    Great builder, definitely has changed over the years and isn't the same person as before. You got my support.

19. Peepsibabe

Peepsibabe Builder

Peepsibabe
    Builder
    Thank you Jet :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  20. Felicette

Felicette Manager

Felicette
    Manager
    I think you'd make a good staff member. Despite your past history, I believe you've changed and would be a positive addition to the team. +1!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.