Patch Notes 23

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Soapiee, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Soapiee

Soapiee Manager

Soapiee
    Manager
    [​IMG]

The latest patches include a bunch of fixes and a small Prison update. There are a few important rule changes that you should also read up on.

Do not forget to report any issues here: https://becto.net/report-issues/
    All game changing/advantageous bugs must be reported via a ticket rather than the forums.

As this hasn't been previously announced, you can apply for builder by creating a builder application through our ticket system. If you believe you have what it takes, then do not hesitate to show us your skills!

Important rule changes:
    :diamond: We will be implementing screensharing (21/02/18.). You have a 3 week grace period to get used to this. The warning is also designed to make sure everyone knows about the new rule, so make sure you spread the word.
    :diamond: Prison sign scamming has always been against the rules, however I have now defined it specifically to make sure there is no confusion anymore.
    :diamond: From now on, if you are caught evading your restriction then your original restriction duration will be extended.
    For example; if you are originally banned for 7 days for hacking, and you then evade your ban on one alt account, your ban will be extended an extra 7 days on both of the accounts (a total of 14 days).

[​IMG]
    Prison update:
    :diamond: All crates have been buffed and more personalised to the Prison experience
    :diamond: The pointshop has been reworked to give better rewards for your points
    :diamond: Webstore prices to purchase money were lowered dramatically
    :diamond: Added some new donator perks;
    :diamond: Raider > /stack
    :diamond: Veteran > /autoblocks and /autoblocks toggle
    :diamond: Invader > /fix (24 hour cooldown) and x1.5 sell multiplier
    :diamond: God > x2 sell multiplier​
    :diamond: Increased the AH max price to 5 billion
    :diamond: Increased the Enderchest buy price
    :diamond: Fixed incorrect rankup prices in /rankup
    :diamond: Lowered Prestige rankup prices slightly
    :diamond: Added dyes to the shop
    :diamond: Added the mcMMO xp enchant (Swords only)

To compliment this update we are having a sale on all Prison store products!
    Up to 65% off Prison Items

[​IMG]

#1 Soapiee, Jan 31, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Jedz

Jedz Well-Known Member

Jedz
    VIP
    wooooo good stuff :v

@Crafter look at dis

3. pFET

pFET Well-Known Member

pFET
    Veteran
    Yeah baby!

4. Diezelwiborg

Diezelwiborg Member

Diezelwiborg
    God
    Why is the prison server down?

5. Bas

Bas Owner

iBasss
    Owner
    Short maintenance :)- it's online again now

6. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop Well-Known Member

Bloopaloop
    God
    Implementing screensharing? Not only is screensharing a huge invasion of privacy in my opinion but you're also forcing people to get on discord to do it. What if you're unable to access discord?, as some players play at school etc. Also what would warrant a screenshare? I can tell you right now that the already low populated faction server getting hit with a rule like this is going make things so much worse. I personally don't screenshare anybody not even long term friends as it's a huge invasion of privacy. Also what exactly would we even have to show to the staff member? I'm not about to go threw all my files and bookmarks or my browser.

Honestly I believe this rule should be redacted as it's only going to hurt the already troubled faction server. We're having a huge issue keeping new players and now you're going to throw this rule out there. I understand that hacking is an issue in any minecraft server but this isn't the way to go about it. I'm deeply worried with how factions is being handled so far. It seems none of the major concerns are being addressed too.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  7. EXPFire

EXPFire Member

EXPFire
    Invader
    I completely agree with Bloopaloop, couldnt have put it better, this server is already suffering due to drastic and completely ill-informed choices made by the higher staff. Implementing forced screensharing is just going to make people quit, and in the end will do nothing but harm the server.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  8. majestuosoSlime

majestuosoSlime Well-Known Member

I'm glad to hear Becto is finally taking a new approach on getting rid of those pesky hackers & decided to add a ban evading punishment. Next step for Becto is to increase the ban durations for hacking (hopes are high). I can only speak from personal staff experience and my past colleagues that the screenshare method was really effective on getting rid of cheaters that are more sneaky. Unfortunately, screenshare isn't 100% guaranteed nor is it hard to counter one if you know what you are doing. Screenshare is a method that shouldn't be used often as people can learn the routine and counter it or give the routine away to other cheaters. There are a lot of programs out there where staff can screenshare a player, not just discord- a few well-known programs out there that are used by other networks would be anydesk, join.me or screenleap and I personally prefer join.me.

#8 majestuosoSlime, Feb 1, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  9. Kackalack

Kackalack Member

Kackalackin
    God
    "Screensharing is a request that will come from a Sr Mod or above. They will navigate through your files on your computer. Staff will request this if they suspect you of hacking, the screenshare will either confirm or deny this.

Refusing to screenshare a staff member will result in a ban for the same duration as a hacking restriction. If you cancel the screenshare at any point without the staff member saying they are finished, you will also be banned."

This is the most ridiculous approach I have ever heard of against cheaters on a minecraft server, this is not going to go over well with anyone with any common sense.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  10. pFET

pFET Well-Known Member

pFET
    Veteran
    This screenshare I have issuses with. It is a massive invasion of privacy and if abused by the staff could reselt badly for becto and maybe even a lawsuit. Yes I see it can be helpful for rooting out hackers but still. In addition not all people have discord or can get it. I think this will injure becto more than benefit it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. iDell

iDell Admin

iDell
    Admin
    Yup

12. TreeKing_45235

What privacy law or any law for that matter does it violate?

13. TreeKing_45235

A lot of networks have been doing this since 2015. This is not new. Get over yourself.

14. TreeKing_45235

Lots over dramatic ppl on this thread. People have also reiterated what another person said as if we can't comprehend simple English. No need to sound like a broken record.

15. Nora-Mia

Nora-Mia Well-Known Member

RlSE
    Plus
    Nice! I hope the updates make the server even better :)

16. Lucas S.

Lucas S. Forum Mod

schottler3
    Veteran
    Well, late reply here. I'm sorry to see that people dislike the screensharing rule. I'm sure it will be only used in certain cases. I'm glad that the becto staff team has made all of these changes/adaptations to the server/rules. Thanks @Bas @Soapiee

Stay active

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  17. Jetpuffed

Jetpuffed Mod

Jetpuffed
    Mod
    Screensharing is not a way for us to search through your private information. At no point will a staff member request for you to open up sensitive information, like web browser history. Screensharing is only for players we believe are using unauthorized modifications, but can't get enough proof for. I'm sure you can think of some players who you know hack but can't get enough proof for. If you're unable to access discord, we have a fallback program. If you're not able to use the fallback program, we have no choice but to ban you as we cannot tell whether you're telling the truth or not. Screensharing has been a way to catch cheaters for years, so it shouldn't be a huge shock that Becto would eventually implement it. And frankly, if you have nothing to hide and are following the rules, you should have nothing to worry about. Not liking these new rules only raises suspicion that you could be breaking rules.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  18. Don Dallas

Don Dallas Member

DonDallas22
    God
    What binds Staff to privacy rules since you guys do not get paid in anyway? I feel like Staff could take advantage of younger players with this. I feel all it will take is one mishap with this and becto could be hit with a large lawsuit

19. Jetpuffed

Jetpuffed Mod

Jetpuffed
    Mod
    All of our screenshares will be recorded and sent to higher staff members. Any staff member caught screensharing players without recording will of course be subject to disciplinary action. Jr.Mods are not allowed to screenshare to prevent something like privacy invasion from happening.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop Well-Known Member

Bloopaloop
    God
    It's the nature of what Screensharing is that makes it intrusive to privacy. I haven't spent time on any other server that required Screensharing, although I don't doubt that there are servers that have such policies in place. So being that this is my first time encountering it is what makes it seem as such a shock, it still is kind of mind boggling that this is even a thing on other servers. To be honest I've never screenshared anyone ever since it was thing be it threw skype, teamviewer etc, it just feels dirty to me.

Now as it requires at least SR mod to Screenshare in most cases that wouldn't be an issue at all, however as far as staff goes there's been a slight increase in SR mods, not to mention in all my meetings with staff I could only name about 2 current staff that are actually accustomed to what hacks look like and are, these people being Silent_Opacity and Jetpuffed. As far as any other staff goes it honestly feels like people just get JR mod, claim the 100% without a doubt reports on forums for bans and then just sit on Skyblock or Survival and moderate chat till they've spent enough time and get bumped up to SR. Now you could tell me I'm wrong or whatever but from my past experience with about at least 4 mods that showed incompetence towards both hacks and factions, hell one mod didn't even know what his rank gave him even though it was on the wall behind spawn and legit flew around the map in fly mode.

I'm all for getting rid of hackers and it isn't my intention to hinder your ability to catch and get rid of them. However I do feel that if you're going to crack down in the rules you should also crack down on your staff and shape up current and future staff on their knowledge before promoting when adding rules such as this that way less conflicts occur.

As far as me opposing these new rules raising suspicion that I could be breaking rules it honestly doesn't matter much to me in my case as with my axe levels on factions I already get enough of that. However I don't think myself and the others you quoted care about an increase in suspicion as we simply don't like the rule for different reasons but mainly privacy. If you were to announce that there's finally an anti-cheat added to factions I think we would all give you our support.